Back Out: purpleboxbluebox

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

DevonAndrew ( 32 )
Journeyman Trader

Back Out: purpleboxbluebox

Post by DevonAndrew »

This is my first time having to make one of these post, I'll do my best to make it readable. We had arranged to trade my 40 Night Lords for his 40k Primaris Ultramarines. He reached out to me this morning very enthusiastically and we quickly made a deal and exchanged addresses. He messaged me later in the day stating that he couldn't afford to ship. I offered a few suggestions to allow me to cover his shipping, and upon being offered to have his shipping paid outright he admitted that shipping wasn't his true reason for backing out.
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Any interest in ultramarines primaris? If you are I have the following, all is built bare plastic unless otherwise noted:

Dark Imperium Primaris Half
Calgar and Honor Guard
Chaplain
Captain
Apothecary
Repulsor
Repulsor Executioner NIB
3 Aggressors
Redemptor
10 Reivers
10 Hellblasters NIB
5 Intercessors NOS

I also am getting the following next Saturday: Tigarius, Ultramarines Supplement, and Ultramarines Dice.
Not sure if value of your lot matches value of my lot, but something must be said about the novelty of space marines, as they are getting a new viable codex. I would be willing to trade all your listed stuff for all my listed stuff.

I used to own this army before I traded it to ninjadance and he traded it to you. Do you happen to have the Night Lords Dice I traded him? If you don't I can take out the ultramarines dice, or not...

Due to me having to wait till next Saturday to pick up the new releases and you having a lower bt rating, are you willing to ship this week, if we work out a deal?
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm
I’m actually excited for this offer, pretty interested. I didn’t get any dice from him sadly. I don’t mind shipping and waiting for you to get the other items, if there’s any way we can keep the ultramarine dice in the deal that would be great, I never get the special dice soon enough before they stop making them lol
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm
I’m fine with keeping the dice in the deal. Do you need pictures? If you do, I’ll need a cell number or email. I myself do not need pictures, as I have a good idea of what the army looks like.

My shipping address is:

Stephen Ealick
(Address removed for privacy)

What is yours?
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm
I wouldn’t mind taking a peak at some pics :)
Email is d**********4@gmail.com

Address:

Devon Hoff-Felix
(Address removed)
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm
I’ll send pictures your way today. Do you happen to have a copy of Vigilus Ablaze you could throw in, let’s say for the dice?
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:26 pm
I don’t, I do have the 2.0 CSM codex though. You’ll be getting all the 40k I have
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 pm
I’ll have to take a look, I haven’t done much with the models since I’ve had them
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 pm
I’ll have to take a look, I haven’t done much with the models since I’ve had them
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:15 pm
If you don’t have the model, that’s ok. When will you be able to ship?
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Sometime between now and Wednesday, I need to see what my schedule is like since I just got off work for the week. Mostly likely Tuesday or Wednesday. Pics received, looks good. :)
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Sounds good! Let me know about the converted chaplain.
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:11 pm
I calculated the shipping costs on my end and it comes to around $60 dollars. That is something I strictly cannot afford right now, as I just had to pay my credit card payments. Sorry to get your hopes up on finding the perfect army, but I am unable to ship the items to you. I think it’s best we just cancel the deal. You have every right to write a back out, but I ask you not to as I already have one and I think that would make my account unusable. This is the danger of being unemployed.
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:21 pm
What if I wait until you get paid? Or if you have something else I want I can buy for 60... we can work it out I don’t mind being patient. Your army is exactly what I was hoping to find
DevonAndrew wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 pm
Also what shipping service were you calculating? USPS would be much cheaper than that, maybe 20 bucks, just letting you know so you could save some cash
DevonAndrew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 am
So what do you think, any way we can work this out?
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:35 am
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Let me think my options over and I’ll get back to you.
DevonAndrew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 am
Okay, try to get back to me tonight if you can. :)
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:46 am
I’m about to go to bed. Let’s just call off the deal. I don’t have any models to sell and all my future money is going to bills. I am truly sorry I was unable to fulfill my end of the bargain.
DevonAndrew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 am
If I paid your shipping would you stick with the trade? Is is it not really about the shipping?
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 am
It’s a contributing factor. I’m trading stuff I have no idea If is something that could serve as my main army as I don’t have the book. I have this awful habit of making trades and regretting trading. Tell you what let me get the codices and read them and I’ll let you know if I still want to trade.
DevonAndrew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 am
I’m a bit of a compulsive trader too man, I get it. But to be honest bud it’s a bit unfair to ask me to wait for that as a what if. If we are cancelling this I may go ahead and do a back out post, not because I’m furious and trying to get back at you, but if this is the second time this has happened to somebody than it’s not fair for me to not do one and not warn the next person that they may be disappointed. I just wanted to be upfront with you.
purpleboxbluebox wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 am
That’s your call, dude. I offered a compromise and you rejected it. I was upfront with you. Whatever your intentions are the outcome is the same. I will add you as a foe if you leave a back out report.
DevonAndrew wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 am
That wasn’t really a compromise that was reasonable. I think I’m being fair, I proposed several solutions and you basically lied about why you wanted to cancel. I don’t really want to argue about it, I just wanted to be upfront and honest about how I felt about the situation.
Castle ( 0 )
New Trader

Re: Back Out: purpleboxbluebox

Post by Castle »

It seems like this "may" be a pattern with this specific member . It looks like he is prone to a form of buyer's remorse but in the form of trades.

The other thread I read pertaining to this member seemed to follow the same pattern. Reach out to propose a trade , iron out the details to the point to where an agreement is made between both parties , and at some point remorse or second thoughts set in and he backs out. The cost of shipping seems to be the go to excuse for the back out.

I mean no disrespect to the purple but the interactions at the end have signs of youth. Meaning that it plays out like someone who may be younger in age, or possibly less life experience than most others when pertaining to this type of situation.

What is worrisome about both instances with Purple backing out is that near the end at some point Purple has decided to either place the blame on the actual person being "wronged" . And to a certain extent he even has felt it warranted him verbally slighting them via responses.
This part of both interactions were the most troubling. Because imo it is showing a major issue or flaw in his reasoning. So far it seems like no one has been the worse for wear and no armies or models have been lost or worse.

I admittedly am newer here , but it appears to me that the mods are level headed and appreciate constructive input or at the very least non biased thoughts based on what has been laid out for everyone to interpret.
I am confident that any critical thinking others or myself would put forward as a post wouldn't be judged acceptable or unacceptable based on the join date of the member/myself.

I also think it should be taken I to consideration that Devon was asked by purple to not post the backout so there is a possibility there have been other instances like this one with other members who ultimately felt they would not post based on a request not to .

These are just my thoughts on the matter. I post them because this seems like a very nice little book in the Warhammer online world and I know if it were me in Devons shoes I would appreciate others input and reasoning .
Be like water over rocks.
Flowing over and around obstacles. Even the roughest stones edge cutting deep into the water will become smooth and yield given enough time.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

@Castle

Respectfully (and without rebuke)... these are not discussion threads. BTR and Backout threads are not intended to be used as ways to discuss the trader, his history, speculate on thought processes, or anything of the like.

Please, feel free to PM any staff member or start a new thread in the "Have Questions" forum if you have any questions about how we view these types of threads, etc.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
DevonAndrew ( 32 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by DevonAndrew »

I do have an update. On December 31st, purpleboxbluebox sent me a very kind message seeking to make amends. He offered some very generous trades, but sadly didn't have anything I needed at the time. About 2 weeks ago we reconnected and made a trade, my Gloomspite for his OOP Sisters of Battle. He shipped first promptly, inquired to be sure everything made it alright, and was pleasant to barter with. I am willing to remove the prior bad feedback if allowed. I feel he made a strong effort to make up for past mistakes, and consider the matter closed and amends made.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”