What is the standard trade/purchase rate for Forgeworld items?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Brian Khazad ( 114 )
Resident Trader

What is the standard trade/purchase rate for Forgeworld items?

Post by Brian Khazad »

So, I know that with regular GW plastics, generally the most you can hoped to get out of a New In Box model is 75-80% (when selling), and 40-50% when it's been assembled/primed/partially painted.

Is there a different pricing scale for Forgeworld due to the models being a bit more rare/harder to get in the US, or do they tend to run at about the same rate when trading/selling?
YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Re: What is the standard trade/purchase rate for Forgeworld items?

Post by YoungWolf777 »

It's really up to you. There are no "rules" around values per se. That being said, I tend to see legit FW items command a higher value than GW plastics. There's always going to be an expected discount, otherwise why not buy direct from FW? What that discount is is totally up to you.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Agreed with Wolf.

FW tends to hold a higher value, but with how FW has changed their handling and shipping, It's a lot easier to get models now (Unless you live in Canada, and then you get hit for import taxes).

For trading, most people go retail for retail anyways, so their value won't be affected (depending on condition, of course). The exception would be moulds no longer being printed, perhaps.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

This thread actually had me curious, so I just checked the FW website and was very surprised to see shipping was about $10 for a single LotR hero blister. I feel like that makes it a LOT easier to get. Not sure what the cutoff is, but they also offer free shipping at some dollar amount. So I feel like you used to be able to resell FW for retail (if NiB), because people wouldn't have to pay the international shipping or worry about the wait time. I think the only difference now is that you can buy GW stuff at a discount from many different online retailers, but to my knowledge no one does the same with FW.
Brian Khazad ( 114 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brian Khazad »

Thanks all.

I recently made an offer on a large bundle of Forgeworld items, and wanted to make sure I wasn't low-balling the seller or screwing myself over. Sounds like I guessed right. Thanks again!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

OOP ForgeWorld, on the other hand, will typically command even higher prices than it originally sold for, if it was a desirable model.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”