Age of Sigmar unit points cost

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandy Death ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Age of Sigmar unit points cost

Post by Sandy Death »

Hi Traders,

I'm thinking of becoming active in the hobby again and am looking at starting an Age of Sigmar army. Or two. I think the models are much better looking than the OOP Warhammer Fantasy ones.

So I went on YouTube and learned the rules/mechanics. Seems a lot like Warmachine. And I like the gameplay.

Here's my question (finally). Where do I find the actual points a unit will cost when creating an army list? Say a unit of Khorne Bloodcrushers for example. I go to the GWS site and download that units stats without a problem. But nowhere does it say, "Each bloodcrusher is 60 points".

Do I need to buy the $40 Khorne army books?

Also what is the usual points standard for a battle?
And do I need to buy the $60 main rulebook to play AoS?
Thanks in advance,
Sandy Death
I very much prefer to do all communications by email rather than PMs. Here's mine: Ralphf52@aol.com You can check my references here using my last name "Famiglietti or on eBay using "captainralph". 513 @100%. I can take photos and accept Paypal. Tons of free cell minutes so calling or exchanging phone numbers is not a problem. I Live in Prospect CT 06712 USA and don't mind doing a little driving if you're close. (I can meet you halfway)
Sandy Death ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Re: Age of Sigmar unit points cost

Post by Sandy Death »

OOPs,
One more general rules question.

Can I mix armies within an alliance? Say using Khorne and Slaanesh models together?
Sandy
I very much prefer to do all communications by email rather than PMs. Here's mine: Ralphf52@aol.com You can check my references here using my last name "Famiglietti or on eBay using "captainralph". 513 @100%. I can take photos and accept Paypal. Tons of free cell minutes so calling or exchanging phone numbers is not a problem. I Live in Prospect CT 06712 USA and don't mind doing a little driving if you're close. (I can meet you halfway)
gamefusion ( 616 )
Millenium Trader

Post by gamefusion »

If you get the free Azyr app, the unit entries are all in there. If you pay the $1.60 a month, you get the army builder function activated, and all the points are in there, as well as all the army construction rules.

The main AOS rules are still free on GW;s site, I believe, but if I were you I'd pick up the full rulebook, as it has more battleplans, etc etc in there, as well as all the fluff.

Re; army construction, you can mix things up a LOT. But what you gain in flexibility from different units, you lose in other areas. There are Allegiance Abilities that you only get if you focus on one faction, and they're typically pretty strong. if you diversify, you'll have to take the more general and less powerful Grand Alliance abilities. But you could play Grand Alliance Chaos and play both Khorne and Slaanesh if you like.
US Trades Only, please! International shipping is just getting too expensive.
The object of a game is to win. The point of a game is to have fun.
My trading rules:
1. Lower rating ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. Delivery confirmation is required on all US trades.
3. I will not mark an international package as a "gift". It's a felony, so please don't ask.

References owed to me by: noexit1982, paintballparkhurst, BrPrometheus, porkfriedricy, busby
gamefusion ( 616 )
Millenium Trader

Post by gamefusion »

Here is a link to the core rules: https://ageofsigmar.com/wp-content/uplo ... es-ENG.pdf

The app is just called Azyr, and you can find it in IOS or Android app stores. It works great.

If you're not into the idea of the app, the points for units are all published in the Pitched Battle Profiles book, that comes with this book: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ge ... ok-EN-2020

Plus, any erratas or points changes would be listed in the FAQs here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

The standard points for a battle are 2,000
US Trades Only, please! International shipping is just getting too expensive.
The object of a game is to win. The point of a game is to have fun.
My trading rules:
1. Lower rating ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. Delivery confirmation is required on all US trades.
3. I will not mark an international package as a "gift". It's a felony, so please don't ask.

References owed to me by: noexit1982, paintballparkhurst, BrPrometheus, porkfriedricy, busby
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm behind on this and it's too late to really matter, except to hopefully remind people in the future.

Please take game related chat , questions, etc. to the appropriate discussion forum (at the bottom of the page). This forum should be reserved for Bartertown-specific questions.

Thank you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”