International Shipping in these uncertain times

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

International Shipping in these uncertain times

Post by reegsk »

Title says it all. I have a package that's been sitting in NY waiting to go to Spain since early April. There's a force majeure that's been in place for months now basically saying it's not going to move because there is no transportation (and with the EU banning travelers from the US I don't see that ending soon). However the package isn't technically lost, and you can't do package intercept on an international parcel. The person has been somewhat patient so far, but I don't know how long that'll last, and I don't want this to go to a PayPal decision because a) it's been an amicable exchange so far and b) when this package eventually gets shipped (perhaps months from now) I'll have no way to recoup the money I'll have to send back.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried calling USPS but could not figure out a way to talk to a real person, and the "Send an email" process I found requires that you put in the recipient's address but it does not allow for international addresses.

Oh, and this was worked out through another site, so not asking any mods or admins to take action, simply looking for advice and I've always found this community to be very helpful.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: International Shipping in these uncertain times

Post by MagickalMemories »

Just wanted to poke my head in to tell you that you're not being ignored.
But I have F*** all to offer. I'll defer to kturock, in hopes that he sees your thread soon.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Yikes, Spain eh?

I've never had a good experience shipping anything to Spain, myself. I've heard wild stories about the postal system there (including employees simply taking whatever they see fit).

That being said, I would explain to him that the package has been sent and that your hands are tied - There is literally nothing you can do. Update the Paypal invoice with the tracking information and perhaps get a chat record of you speaking to an employee of the USPS with them saying as much. It would make it harder to lose your money if they file against you if you have all the information ready to go.

And then just hope your trading partner is fine with waiting.

Perhaps, as MM says, KT may know more of what you can do.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Sorry guys, been working alot and was in the hospital a few weeks back. Just haven't been checking in that much.
If anyone ever needs to get in touch, just send me a pm here. I'll get notice to check it.

That being said...

In NY means its in the customs departments hands. So depending on how many people are working, and the status of things going to Spain, like flights; it might be a while. Unfortunately.

Just check and see if you can get a flight to Spain. If you can't get a ticket, neither can your package. I don't mean buy one, just see if it's possible.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”