Possible BTR, could use some advice

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

swarmofseals ( 152 )
BTown Regular

Possible BTR, could use some advice

Post by swarmofseals »

Hi all -- I have a possible BTR to make but am not sure what the correct approach would be as it's not a typical "they didn't send my stuff" situation. I've made several purchases from a btown member both through btown and directly over email over the past couple of years. These purchases have generally involved rare models. I was always a bit suspicious, but the user in question had a convincing explanation as to why they had the models etc.

Unfortunately, I have recently uncovered very solid evidence that at least one of the rare models I purchased is a recast. This calls all of the models that he sold me into question. I contacted the person (who had been in contact with me only a day or two before) with the evidence and have only gotten silence since then (it's been several weeks at least).

I am concerned that this user may have sold many recasts as originals on this site, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was actually making the recasts himself based on his pattern of behavior and story.

What should I do in this situation?
bbb ( 94 )
BTown Regular

Re: Possible BTR, could use some advice

Post by bbb »

The silence is the loudest part. Have you checked their feedback on here to see if anyone posted what models they bought off the person? Maybe multiple people said they bought the same thing?
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I had a similar encounter with a Btowner a few years back. I sent you a PM to see if it's the same person.
swarmofseals ( 152 )
BTown Regular

Post by swarmofseals »

bbb wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:25 am
The silence is the loudest part. Have you checked their feedback on here to see if anyone posted what models they bought off the person? Maybe multiple people said they bought the same thing?
I know for a fact that he has sold multiple copies of the same things because he's offered to sell me multiple copies of the same rare models at different times. That's one of the reasons I was suspicious, but his story does at least give a plausible reason why it could be the case. I'll do a bit more digging if I can.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Selling/trading recasts is prohibited on Bartertown and is a first time bannable offence.

You could create a BTR for the trade in question, as you were not given what you purchased. As long as you follow the BTR guidelines, I would consider it valid.

We, as staff, KNOW recasts exist and are probably traded and sold behind the curtains of the private messages, but we can only do something if it's brought to our attention.

If you'd like to get the staff involved, please PM.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”