General trading question

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

chaos wolf ( 40 )
Trade Novice

General trading question

Post by chaos wolf »

So, I've been a member here for a little while now, and I've got a question I'm curious about.

Most trades are in the trade army x for army z style. A lot of times retail for retail is also mentioned.

Is there any interest in just straight up trading my 10 dudes for your 10 dudes?

For example, I've got a bunch of random old oop metal Blood Bowl (not even all the same team) figures that I'm interested in trading for old oop metal Necromunda figures. I don't care if they're worth $30 a piece on ebay, I just want to give 'em to somebody who's going to give me an equal number of figures that I'd rather have.

Does this sort of thing get much traction here?
saramin ( 532 )
Resident Trader

Re: General trading question

Post by saramin »

as far as I know that is entirely possible ... it all comes down to the conditions of the trade you and the other side agree upon.
Trade Rules: all unless otherwise arranged
Lower Rating ships first, but like ratings can ship at the same time.
Trades are retail for retail.
Shipping is always to be priority mail with dc#'s exchanged.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: General trading question

Post by MagickalMemories »

Any kind of trade is possible here. It can definitely happen.
You're looking at 2 factors, though:
1) Are you the one giving up a higher $ value models?
2) Does the person with the higher $ value models want the lower $ value models enough to give up the difference?

I've seen it happen. Not as much on a "ten dudes for ten dudes" scale as an "I want that and don't care if my stuff is worth more" scale. You just have to find the right person for the trade.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”