Looking for clear press mold product - what was it called?

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

catharsix ( 426 )
Expert Trader

Looking for clear press mold product - what was it called?

Post by catharsix »

Hello Bartertown!

(Hopefully this is the appropriate forum for this question)

I'm back to the hobby after a bit of a hiatus, and am looking for a certain product that I used to use to make press molds. It was sold in small strips of a translucent solid at room temperature stuff. You warmed it up in hot water, and then you could mold it and it made great press molds. NOTHING would stick to it, not even super glue. I used to cast little bits from Green Stuff using this product. It was great for skulls and basing things.

Can anyone help me out with what this product was/is? And where could I find it? They didn't have it at my local hobby store (which actually has a great selection) so if someone can help me identify it and where I might buy some, I'd be quite in your debt.

Thanks Bartertown!

-C6
Attention! I'm the same old Catharsix from Illinois but now in sunny California!! 8)
akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Looking for clear press mold product - what was it called?

Post by akum »

This is probably the generic of it: https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Making- ... B07M9XS3FX
akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by akum »

Apparently it can be used to make UV resin peices too :
5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used with UV resin to cast clear parts!
By ROBOLIZARD on February 6, 2021
Used this clear version to recast some small parts for mini figures. Used apoxie sculpt first with ok results which I was more than happy about since I wasn’t expect exact molds. Gotta have realistic standards and oyumaru performed great! Apoxie sculpt not so much.....

Then I discovered that this clear oyumaru can allow UV light through! That allowed me to make a clear resin cast of parts which was more accurate and just needed a few minutes of UV light! This will allow me to make clear resin parts fast! Awesome sauce!
Images in this review
YoungWolf777 ( 1150 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Brand name is Oyumaru as posted above. Usually is blue in color. Don't think I've seen clear before.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”