Painting lots of old plastic

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

J.MorganKuberry ( 40 )
Journeyman Trader

Painting lots of old plastic

Post by J.MorganKuberry »

Decided to make some truly gigantic Oldhammer (Middlehammer?) armies. If anyone wants to help, sell me your old boxed set minis for cheap!

First thing was a set of 2e Warhammer 40,000 starter minis. I painted these in batches matching the intro scenarios. First up was 30 gretchin and a 5 man special weapon team. Then 15 orks and a 5 man heavy weapon team. Then 10 gretchin, 5 orks, a lead dreadnought instead of the cardboard one, and 10 more marines. I started having to swap out for metal marines as I am running low on boxed set plastics. With one core set done, I began another! 30 more gretchin and 5 man (lead!) special weapon squad done. 15 orks and a 5 man lead heavy weapon team are in the pipeline! I also began a vast expansion to my old Lizardmen. I am painting up two and half starter boxes worth and a Slann, to go with my pre-existing skirmish force of a half box set, and a few interesting metal units.

So that's my current progress on massive armies of old style 40k minis. I will post pics of the lizards next. Also I bought two Dark Imperium boxes, pieced out all the marines on eBay, and made a big Nurgle army, pics of that to follow too.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”