REM issues

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

REM issues

Post by jason1977 »

Ok. On another tread, I asked for help with the Red dred. That build is done. Came out ok. Now I am on to my next build: Primaris Inceptors. This is my question.

Option 1

Should I put the REMs in the shoulder joint?

This seems to be the easiest route and I have done this before. 2 issues came up with this direction. The arms and bodies are 'keyed' so the weapons point in a certain direction. I know in game terms it means nothing but there must be a reason why GW made the arms 'keyed'. I would need 6 more blank termy pads and I am on a month long vacation from my job because of COVID19 so spending money may not be a good idea.

Option 2

Should the REMs go in the 'elbow'?

Cut the arm under the shoulder joint, glue the shoulder in place after putting a REM in the 'elbow' joint. The connection would be hidden by the shoulder pad. The arms could still point in a direction non-standard from GW but I am not buying more plastic. I have never done this but it seems easy.

Anyone here perform option 2 on a model??

Thanks,

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Re: REM issues

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I just built a squad of Inceptors. The arms are keyed so that the hoses for the plasma guns line up correctly with the back. If you don't care about the additional hoses/power feeds, then just trim them off and go for the shoulders. If you do, then the elbows would be the better option.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”