Trades down?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Bradgar ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: Trades down?

Post by Bradgar »

Looks like the OP is right. Most listings on this site are for NoS new models and people want money. Not much trading going on on the site. Maybe we should add a 'retro' page? That way people looking for older sculpts would have an option besides NoS.
Bradgar ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bradgar »

I know this is a bit of thread necromancy, feel free to delete.

Any comments on starting a page for trade instead of paypal? Seems like most of the listings involve money instead of trades. Seems like many sites allow for buying stuff, but Bartertown is one of the rare places we can /trade/ our extra bits for another person's extra bits.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sorry. Been on unexpected extended hiatus.
There are no plans to ever split trading and buying into separate pages, threads, etc. There's too much cross posting, etc. that would happen. Not to mention that "policing" them would be doubly hard.
Also, one thing that's been drilled into us in the past by our members is that, by and large, our members DO NOT WANT an excessive number of forums. They want things as streamlined as possible. Our forums being set up the way they are not actually took years and years of tweaking to find the best balance. I mean, probably 10 to 12 years of reorganization, reinventing, etc... then even more years of tweaking things until we got to where they are.

Unfortunately, that does mean the multitude of "selling" ads on here kind of overwhelm the "trading" ads. In my experience, that's one of the negative influences that the internet at large has had on BTown... so many people get used to selling elsewhere that it's just seen as THE way it's done. trading has become a bit out of fashion.
I remember the first time I posted an ad that I was looking to SELL something and BUY something here (back when I was a member - easily 20+ years ago!)... it was such a new phenomenon that some people didn't even know if it was ALLOWED! LOL Now, trading is the rarity, unfortunately.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ronster ( 666 )
Expert Trader

Post by Ronster »

I've had some poor trading sessions of late so I have moved away from that side. People seem to be real flaky and demanding. It has been easier to sell and pop out.
Thank goodness my mama loved me....
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

and Bluemeenie rises from the dead to summon an Necropost!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAAA :)

Hey Magic!
Boskie43 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Boskie43 »

bluemeenie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 am
and Bluemeenie rises from the dead to summon an Necropost!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAAA :)

Hey Magic!
Clevelanders for the Necrothread
George B

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”