USPS shipping issues

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

bbb ( 92 )
BTown Regular

USPS shipping issues

Post by bbb »

So is everyone else experiencing the same issues getting shipments from USPS in a timely manner?

Currently I have two purchases from different users and when I check the tracking they both say:
Information Available Soon

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.
I thought it was only going to be until Christmas was over, but it's only gotten worse lately.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: USPS shipping issues

Post by reegsk »

Basically it's still a giant mess. They're still having massive issues with reduced capacity and people sick/quarantining, and let's not forget that Dejoy is still in charge and trying to break things on purpose. Also UPS and FedEx are refusing packages because they're swamped, but USPS isn't allowed to so they just get piled on.

Have to give them credit, though. I've shipped dozens of packages in the last two months and all of them have arrived eventually.
bbb ( 92 )
BTown Regular

Post by bbb »

I haven't lost anything yet, but the tracking not updating is new and concerning. Had a package I shipped to a guy 15 miles away take a 1000 mile detour and take two weeks, but it did get there at least. Part of me wonders if they aren't updating the tracking so people don't see all the random stops packages are making.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I had a box from Canada make it from the shipper to the US in under a week. Then it was in NYC for another two weeks, made it to Springfield MA for three more weeks (about fifteen minutes from my house), went back down to Manhattan and then back up to me. Six or so weeks total, over five of them in the US.

I honestly think they’re not getting scanned because they’re sitting in a massive pile somewhere.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

USPS doesn't yet have a status update on this item shipped from the Post Office. Information is usually updated within the hour of your visit. Please check back soon.

This means they bought postage and haven't dropped off the items, of had them picked up. They are still sitting at the location that ships them.
bbb wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 pm
So is everyone else experiencing the same issues getting shipments from USPS in a timely manner?

Currently I have two purchases from different users and when I check the tracking they both say:

I thought it was only going to be until Christmas was over, but it's only gotten worse lately.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

updates are done automatically. Items scanned by the machines are sent to the database, automatically. No one can hold back the data.

bbb wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 pm
I haven't lost anything yet, but the tracking not updating is new and concerning. Had a package I shipped to a guy 15 miles away take a 1000 mile detour and take two weeks, but it did get there at least. Part of me wonders if they aren't updating the tracking so people don't see all the random stops packages are making.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

NYC is the customs office. It takes time based upon the CUSTOMS Department's time table. Holidays and weekends are usually closed.
reegsk wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 pm
I had a box from Canada make it from the shipper to the US in under a week. Then it was in NYC for another two weeks, made it to Springfield MA for three more weeks (about fifteen minutes from my house), went back down to Manhattan and then back up to me. Six or so weeks total, over five of them in the US.

I honestly think they’re not getting scanned because they’re sitting in a massive pile somewhere.

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Also, USPS has no airplanes; and flies on stand by on all airlines. If planes don't fly; neither does the mail.
And UPS and Fed Ex pass off their packages to USPS; who must take them before USPS's own. At a reduced rate. Same for Amazon.
reegsk wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:32 pm
Basically it's still a giant mess. They're still having massive issues with reduced capacity and people sick/quarantining, and let's not forget that Dejoy is still in charge and trying to break things on purpose. Also UPS and FedEx are refusing packages because they're swamped, but USPS isn't allowed to so they just get piled on.

Have to give them credit, though. I've shipped dozens of packages in the last two months and all of them have arrived eventually.

bbb ( 92 )
BTown Regular

Post by bbb »

kturock wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am

This means they bought postage and haven't dropped off the items, of had them picked up. They are still sitting at the location that ships them.
The tracking info never got updated. Even after the item arrived the tracking number brought up the above message.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

so it got delivered without ever being scanned? hmm. that's.. difficult. It get handled about a dozen times. By machines and people.
bbb wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 am
kturock wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:00 am

The tracking info never got updated. Even after the item arrived the tracking number brought up the above message.

Gene Williamson ( 192 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Gene Williamson »

Yeah, I have had three packages in the past two months take forever to get to me. One was a two-day priority shipped from three hours away but was shipped on January 8th and arrived on February 1st. One of the traders on here agreed to take the money hit and ship via UPS instead just to make sure we got our trade in a timely manner.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I ordered something from Etsy and it was shipped last week on the 8th, and my tracking information shows the same. Coming from Georgia.

All the carriers slacking...

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
warlordgarou ( 248 )
Millenium Trader

Post by warlordgarou »

I haven't noticed it (yet) with USPS, but my last couple FedEx shipments have gotten within 20 miles of me, then put on a truck, taken off a truck, and put on a truck the following day. They're running at least a day or two behind. I'm probably going to start adding a disclaimer on everything I ship this holiday season though, just as a heads up to my customers.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Fedex is the worst for that. I have not had any more issues with USPS than normal this year.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Clearly they are looking for tips and feedback.

Unfortunately they are asking a Canadian that has never actually dealt directly with them (just when packages change hands at the border).

R
Screenshot_20220202-141317.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”