This is the pets thread

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

This is the pets thread

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay, folks.
Show us some pictures and tell us about your pets.

I don't currently have any, myself. We'll be picking up ours on Wednesday (1/5), and I'll share my own after that.

In the meantime, have some fun with it!
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Re: This is the pets thread

Post by aurak_merc »

image.jpeg
This is my chihuahua, Cookie. She enjoys sleeping, being exceedingly warm, and violating the barn cats. We got her from a local pound several years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Umm... VIOLATING?

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Yep. The cats are powerless to halt her amorous advances. They seem resigned to their fate in this unholy union.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
gpfredette ( 720 )
Bartertown Marshall

Post by gpfredette »

Good day,
Chance2.jpg

This is Chance, we rescued him (or as my wife says he rescued me) in early December last year.

He is quite the smorgasbord:
Golden Retriever
American Pit Bull Terrier
Chow Chow
Siberian Husky
Australian Shepherd

He likes chasing the squirrels (who like teasing him), belly rubs and all around just hanging with his humans.

Have a nice day.

Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

aurak_merc wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 am
Yep. The cats are powerless to halt her amorous advances. They seem resigned to their fate in this unholy union.
Dude.

Your dog's a f*cking pervert.

LOL

Eric

wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

10398766_1027321103786_7432795_n.jpg
The dog that I miss the most... She had cystic fibrosis... and more genetic issues than I could tell you... and about 1/2 of a working lung.

I took her home and didn't know any of that... and I found out and was told that she might make it 6 months... and that I should not ever bring her anyplace (including the vet) where she could come into contact with any kind of sickness/germs/other dogs (etc)... of course her immune system was messed up as well... The vets where very nice and she was such an unusual set of problems that they kept tabs on her and would come if needed and write perscriptions (incredible really)...

I let her just live as a human and do whatever she wanted... She ate as a human and I think pretty much thought she was a human... She would sit like a human (if that pic was maybe a few seconds earlier she would of been laid back with her arm like a human sitting in that couch).

Chloe was perfectly happy for four years (nobody knows how).... She was a lot of work (like a child really) just like a very damaged human would be (especially the cystic fibrosis)... but I would take all the work back on myself to have her back at anytime.

She died laying next to me with me petting her to sleep... She was happy staight till the end... The vets wanted the body, but I couldn't bring myself to let them have it which was kind of *edit* of me (but I wanted her burried like a person) - regarless of legality - which I took care of myself.

Sounds sad but it isn't... That dog taught me a lot about quality of life vs quanitity of life... So don't feel sad even if it is a sad story.... She wasn't ever sad... She lived an almost perfect life (from her perspective).... She died better than any human I have ever seen die...

She siezed the day something we all should do.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I have two.

Scarlet, our cat, is a rescue. She was hit by a car and her back leg has healed together, preventing her from extending it. No one wanted her, and she was sitting homeless for a good 3 months before we found her. Great cat, very friendly. She was housed in a cage, but now has an entire two story house to herself.
Scarlet.jpg
Well, herself and our dog Freya. We got Freya as a pup from a reputable breeder. She got in a tussle with a stray cat when she was a puppy and lost her eye because of it. Hasn't effected her at all though.
Freya.jpg
R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ready to pick up my girls tomorrow.

Here's the whole cage:
Cage 0.jpg

Here's the top half (where they'll be living for a while):
Cage 1.jpg

Here's the lower half (storage only,. until they're a bit bigger and more confident:
Cage 2.jpg

Eric

aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Great pets all around. I am pretty sure the kitty has a smirk though, haha.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

We picked them up tonight.
They're still a little skittish with the change of scenery and are checking out their new surroundings. So, pics aren't the best. There will be more.

Aggie is the silvermane. On the Periodic Table, silver is Ag. Thus, Aggie. It was my idea, but my daughters selected the name from the ones they were considering.
The blazed girl is Sass. I named her. She is named Sass for a very specific reason.
Would you like to touch my rat Sass?
Do you want to hold my rat Sass?
Kiss my rat Sass!
(Say them out loud, if needed LOL)

We already had an escape. My daughter had one of the cage doors open, playing with them. Aggie made a jump for it. It only took is about 5 minutes to get her and get her back in the cage, though.
20190605_182430.jpg

20190605_182436.jpg

20190605_184539.jpg

20190605_184548.jpg

20190605_184609.jpg

20190605_184705.jpg

Eric

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I'd post pics of my cats, but my boy Boogie would try to find a way to chase them.
He's 8 going on 2.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Edgar95 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Edgar95 »

Lovely animals. I like dogs and I currently have three :)
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:20 am
We picked them up tonight.
They're still a little skittish with the change of scenery and are checking out their new surroundings. So, pics aren't the best. There will be more.

Aggie is the silvermane. On the Periodic Table, silver is Ag. Thus, Aggie. It was my idea, but my daughters selected the name from the ones they were considering.
The blazed girl is Sass. I named her. She is named Sass for a very specific reason.
Would you like to touch my rat Sass?
Do you want to hold my rat Sass?
Kiss my rat Sass!
(Say them out loud, if needed LOL)

We already had an escape. My daughter had one of the cage doors open, playing with them. Aggie made a jump for it. It only took is about 5 minutes to get her and get her back in the cage, though.

<pics of rats>

Eric
How are you liking your rats? I've been wanting to get one for a while now but I've only known one person who ever owned a rat. It was very friendly with them but often nibbled.

Only thing is I also have more cats now.... LOL

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

church btown.jpg
This is our cat Church helping me watch tv. She is a rescue cat who basically chose us when she clawed onto me at the shelter. Hobbies include going ape S%(@ for no apparent reason at 3am, attacking my mother-in-law, loosing it over anything flying in the house, killing the occasional mouse and leaving the head in bed for my wife to find.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”