Help pricing an item.

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

Rayjbaker ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Help pricing an item.

Post by Rayjbaker »

I have a mordheim city of the damned box set, used, but with some stuff still unpunished and still on sprue. It looks like they've gone on Ebay for around 200$ with nib ones up right now for over 400$.
What would be a fair asking price?
I go by standard rules unless we work something out in advance.
I will hold items with offers pending for one day before looking into other offers.
I will ship overseas and to Canada but will not ship first in those trades.
I respond to messages within one day of receiving them please do the same.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Help pricing an item.

Post by MagickalMemories »

Is that what they're being listed for or sold for?
Listing prices mean nothing. It's what they're actually selling for that matters.

I had a few minutes, so I did a search:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1

Looks like the most expensive one went for $300, and the next 2 highest went for $250 and $175.

There was an International one that sold at about $216, and one that didn't sell at about $184.

It looks to me like they're hit or miss.

Honestly, i'd be surprised to see you get those kinds of prices on BT. Traders here, with exception of the collectors/hoarders of Oldhammer models, are looking for bargains.

If you want to offer it here, I'd say to start around the $250 mark, but be prepared to haggle. If you want to try for higher, Feebay might be a better bet for you. then again, there's an open one for $100 right now, so that'll be steep competition for you, except with people who WANT sealed boxes.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Rayjbaker ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Post by Rayjbaker »

Thanks for the help. Mine is complete based of a list I found online.
I go by standard rules unless we work something out in advance.
I will hold items with offers pending for one day before looking into other offers.
I will ship overseas and to Canada but will not ship first in those trades.
I respond to messages within one day of receiving them please do the same.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Look at the average sold at... and if that is OK with you... then overprice it by 20% (and make sure they pay shipping because it will be expensive)... then let it ride on that buy with a weekly reduction if no sale until it reaches the true market value...

If you don't care about when it sales then I truly believe that this is the best tactice...

If for some reason it dips really low and doesn't sell then examine how you have it listed and what the pictures look like (can heavily affect price)...

At true auction, I would start at about 75% of the minimum I would accept... list it with lots of items to combine shipping on (especially cheap items... because I would charge about $20-25 on shipping (air will nail you for a package that size that is light - ie going to Cali)... then let it all ride and see what happens... Do not do this with one item or a bunch of unrelated items.... the goal is the get people hemmed up with combined shipping and force fights for related items.

I usually use the first approach until it falls below what I would accept then the second....

Finally, if nothing else works... bust it apart and try to sell the components for more than even the original method (as a total)... then with the second (that combined shipping digs the spurs in like that)...

After that kind of stuff I re-evaluate... or trade it.

Just me... and I don't care when something sells... Could take months... but unless it is volitile most things tend to go up in price vs the declining dollar.

Sean
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

@Rayjbaker:
I owe you an apology.
After your most recent post, I went back and read your original again.
I see my error.
I saw your post about NIB going for $400, and my brain just went with that.

Sorry about that!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”