I think people are going slowly towards IDIOCRACY

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

I think people are going slowly towards IDIOCRACY

Post by nightlord »

I dont know if its just me noticing it more and more. But i notice how people in general are going towards the side of DUHHHH...

The other day, as well as other times, I have watched on eBay people buying GW items for more then retail. And still have to pay shipping on top of it

as well. Kind of looks like this country is headed into the world of Idiocracy.

I saw an entire Custodes army with 3 forge world kits go for 60.00 over retail and then an additional 20.00 shipping.

Am i missing something here???
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
Gene Williamson ( 192 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: I think people are going slowly towards IDIOCRACY

Post by Gene Williamson »

I don't know what is going on either, I recently had jury duty and honestly lost all faith in humanity afterward.
Not going into details but I have also seen stuff that goes out of stock (not out of print) and prices skyrocket.
Just like the Necormunda Book of Chains, for a short while, it was out of stock. Prices went over a hundred dollars
until GW printed more, now it's back to normal. Not sure why people are panicking over missing game stuff.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

The Star Wars Armada upgrade card pack, retail like $20/25, is selling for $160.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

GW prices are skyrocketing because so much of it is hard to get. SOME people are willing to pay whatever it takes to get models they "need" on Feebay because they can't get them from GW.
So, that Custodes army...
Contemptor Dreads?
Ven. Land Raiders?
Those are both standard GW kits, but sold out on GWs site. God knows when they'll be back.
What FW kits? FW has around 15 Custodes units out of stock (some REALLY good), and 2 upgrade kits, too.

So, yeah. It seems like idiocy, but it might just be a case of paying what the market requires.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

Yes i see alot of Forge Kits are "OUT OF STOCK" and also listed as "NO LONGER AVAILABLE" I wonder if that part means that GW is getting rid of the models completely?? If so alot of people are gonna be real pissed off with several hundred dollars worth of models knocked out of the game. Including myself.

And if so paying higher then retail for a model no longer in the game is gonna be a real big hit . (OUCH) I do understand people collecting because i have a huge collection of Metal OOP limited figures. But like i said before i see people paying Over retail for items still in production. Which is a real head scratcher.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
Gene Williamson ( 192 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Gene Williamson »

It hurts my heart (and maybe my wallet) hearing about Armada stuff going crazy prices. I am slow building an imperial army but yet played the game. It seems like a minefield trying to plan what to buy, because if you don’t get it right you will pay triple or not find it at all.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Nightlord - I saw someone saying the other day that with FW some of the SKUs are getting changed up or somesuch, so the website has been incorrectly saying some things are "No Longer Available" when they're not actually discontinued.

Gene - Armada has always had supply issues, unfortunately. The Light Cruiser, Raider, and gladiator have been particularly bad with selling out for long periods of time. Hopefully with the AMG switch, once production levels get back to normal worldwide they won't have those issues.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”