Playing field for Dystopian Wars or Uncharted Seas?

Talk about any non-GW Fantasy, Steampunk or similar miniature game here.

Moderator: Moderators

Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Playing field for Dystopian Wars or Uncharted Seas?

Post by Stanislav »

Just as the title states, I am looking for what people are using to play these games with. I know I could use a regular table or even blue felt from a craft store, but there has to be something better out there? I found one company that made an ocean one for $150, and I have looked at Hotz mats...as for Hotz, I was hoping someone on here has one and could tell me if they are worth it. Any other ideas? Even homebrew ideas are cool. Just looking for a nice playing area for Dystopian Wars (and transportable).

Rich
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Playing field for Dystopian Wars or Uncharted Seas?

Post by imp522 »

I have one of these for naval games http://www.thewarstore.com/battlefieldseascapemat.html

as for Hotz I hear they are nice but there is a wait to get them( I hear any where from a month to more then three)
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

I hadn't seen that one Imp, of course it is out of stock presently. I will put myself on the email me when this is available list. There's one option, anyone got anymore?
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

If you got lots of cash I recently saw a GW realm of battle game board painted to look like an ocean, Hills were islands on the sides, the rocky bits in the middle were smaller islands. Also double served as a frozen/ice table for 40k. Thought it was a good use of the product but pricey :-D
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
zombied00d ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by zombied00d »

Some of the people who used to play the WizKids pirate game used 2x2 pieces of plexiglass that had been painted/tinted blue. Seemed fairly cheap, lightweight and easy to transport. 6 pieces gets you a 6x4 table.
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of hilarity!
Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Forsaken Poptart »

I think there was some discussion about how to build a good board on one of the D6 Generation podcasts- don't remember which one, though; I think it was done with plexiglass, blue felt, and some frosted pieces for clouds. I'll dig through the old episodes and see if I can find out!
Do I owe you a trade ref? Remind me- sometimes I forget!
Awaiting trade refs from: tristym, yazaran

If you don't have your Location listed, take a second and update it!

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.
-Lower rating? You ship/pay first. Same goes for me.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

the blue 'map' from the link is back instock.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
tongalad ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by tongalad »

i use a 6 x 4 piece of material used for tonneau covers in estate cars...google that & see if you have a supplier near you...or order online. Cost about £20 all in...needs no painting! although you could always do some dry brushing of waves etc,
Steampunk ( 38 )
BTown Regular

Post by Steampunk »

I've seen the Dreadfleet map on feebay going for about 25 bucks. They look nice and are huge.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

How much? the the game was running $50 at one point.

I have the 'map
it is nice, but it's rayon.. and mine has a small cigarette burn in it now from some hot ash.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
varagon ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by varagon »

Buy the textured light covers the 2x4' size ones and paint them various shades of blue. They look great.

You can even cut pieces out and put them on a regular board for lakes or even frozen ponds/rivers, etc.
My Blog: Pen and Lead
- Minis, RPGs, and More

Return to “Swords, Sorcery and Steampunk”