BTR: Standard of War - Resolved by Paypal

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Standard of War - Resolved by Paypal

Post by Cyranax »

Bartertown Powers that Be,
I had an arrangement with Standard of War in the beginning of August to purchase a Chaos army lot. The payment cleared and two days later he processed a refund, stating that Paypal had frozen his account. Paypal processed it and I received my full refund within a week. However, there were a couple red flags, hence this post.
1. The paypal refund was processed after the account had been frozen. As this has happened to me, I know that paypal freezes all money in the account and any refunds are done by them, not by the user, at this time, to prevent fraud.
2. Standard of War continued to log in to B-Town daily, checking messages, but not responding after he viewed them. (This finally stopped the day after I mention it, and my last message remains unread)
3. It was brought to my attention that this was done at least a second time, and reported by Extinction Angel (viewtopic.php?f=103&t=324074) whose transaction and refund happened two weeks later, with the same excuse.

Thank you for your time,
Matthew (Cyranax) Meinke
Re: Have: NiB Chaos Marines Army, NiB Primaris Army Want: Paypal

Sent: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:08 pm
by Cyranax
Standard,

I was wondering if your chaos lot was still available? Is everything on your list the new releases?

Thank you for your time

Subject: Have: NiB Chaos Marines Army, NiB Primaris Army Want: PayPal
Standard of War wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:08 am
Used my tax return a while back on a ton of hobby projects and now I’m clearing out several I’ll never get around to.

Everything is NiB and being sold as a lot. Not splitting right now.

Chaos Marines: NiB
Retails for: $1,750
Selling for: $750
Well over 50% off

- New Chaos Codex
- Vigilus Ablaze
- Noctilith Crown
- Contents of 3 boxes of Shadowspear
(3 Sorcerers)
(3 Venomcrawlers)
(6 Oblitlrators)
(6 Greater Possessed)
(30 Marines)
- Abbadon the Dispoiler
- Dark Apostle and acolytes
- Master of Executions
- Chaos Lord
- Lord Discordant
- Named Raptor Lord
- 15 Havocs
- 10 Terminators
- 10 None Shadowspear Marines
- 3x Mauler/Forgefiends
- 3x Rhino
- 1 Landraider
- 15 Raptors
- 9 Bikers (3x boxes)
- 2x Hellbrute

Primaris Army; Everything NoS. Not splitting
Retails for $1,105
Selling for $550
Just over 50% off

- Space Marine Codex
- 3x Shadowspear contents
(3 Captains)
(3 Librarians)
(3 Lieutenants)
(9 Suppressors)
(9 Eliminators)
(30 Infiltrators)
- 3x Dark Imperium contents
( 3x Captains)
(6x Lieutenants)
(3x Ancients)
(30 Intercessors)
(9 Inceptors)
(15 Hellblasters)

- 2x Stormravens
- 1 Executioner
- 1 Repulsor
- 1 Redemptor Dred
- 20 Reivers
-

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:52 am
by Standard of War
Hey there.

Yeap, everything is the latest version of the model. I started buying it all up after the shadowspear box was released but never got around to working on it. And Yeap, it’s still available.

Thanks.
Re: Have: NiB Chaos Marines Army, NiB Primaris Army Want: Pa

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:35 am
by Cyranax
Hey, good morning!
(I've been at work for 15.5 hours now, so bleg, tired, ha)

only two questions I have are more clarifications than dealbreakers, because I think I'm in. I don't need all of it, but a good handful of it is enough to justify it.

the "named raptor lord," is that haarkan, the one with the spear?
the vehicles, are they the chaos variants, or imperial? and which kind of land raider is it?

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:44 am
by Standard of War
Yea, the raptor lord is Haarkan. I had everything piled up in front of me while I was writing up the list and he was buried under stuff and I couldn’t seem to remember his name haha.

All vehicles are the Chaos version, and the land raider is the Chaos version as well. I don’t recall it having a name beyond that, I think Chaos only makes one version.

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 am
by Cyranax
Awesome. it was 750, yeah? I'm in

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:04 am
by Standard of War
Sounds good. Shoot me your address when you get the chance and I’ll pack it all up and have it ready to go.

My PayPal is:

isabelra2007@gmail.com

Thanks for an easy transaction. I’ll send you a tracking number as soon as I have one. Thanks!

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:11 am
by Cyranax
Easy it is, quality control is simple for nib after all, lol.

Matthew meinke
*********. Ca *****.

On the off chance you live in the northern california area, I'd be willing to consider an exchange in person. Just tell me if that's a possibility. If it's not, I'll have the funds paypal to you shortly

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:37 am
by Standard of War
Unfortunately, I live on the other side of the country haha. New Jersey to be exact. I wish I lived out west though!

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:39 am
by Cyranax
No problem. Money sent.

If you happen to know a brettonian/sisters of battle player named devon martinez, tell him matthew says hi

Sent: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:09 pm
by Cyranax
Let me know when the money clears and tracking when you have it, thank you!

Sent: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:20 pm
by Standard of War
I am incredibly sorry about this, but after selling this and my other items that I put up, apparently it triggered paypal’s Security feature for unusual account activity. I usually only make small purchases with it, so when I had a lot of money come in, they froze my account and are requiring me to provide all kinds of information, like the manufacturer of the product I’m selling, and all this other stuff. I’ve been on the phone with them over the weekend, and got no where with them. Apparently, if you don’t consistently sell items, and then suddenly sell a large dollar amount worth of stuff, it triggers this security feature.

It’s kind of a pain in the ass how much info they want, and they have to have someone look into it even after I submit the info. I didn’t want you to have to wait for all that to complete, so I refunded your money. You should have a full refund already, I sent it a little bit ago.

I’m very sorry for the trouble. This is a pain in the ass, I was hoping to move this stuff. I’ll PM you when my account is unfrozen and see if you are still interested.

Sent: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:34 pm
by Cyranax
I'm more than happy to wait, as that lot is definitely an interest for me. If you dont mind, would you shoot me a photo of the lot at cylaes@gmail.com and keep me updated? The money is on standby for your chaos lot.

I've found that if you contact paypal before you get paid and inform them of what's about to happen, you can avoid most of these issues.

I'm impressed and confused on how you managed to issue a refund on a frozen account.

Sent: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 pm
by Cyranax
How goes the paypal resolution?

Sent: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:29 pm
by Cyranax
I see you logging on every day, I was curious if you've had any luck with your paypal resolution
Sent: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 pm
by Cyranax
Standard,

I've sent a couple messages and know they have at least been seen, but not answered, and you have not logged in since the day after my last one. I was really hoping for some sort up update after a month, or at least an acknowledgement of receiving my messages. I did receive a refund, which I appreciate, but because of the circumstances and lack of followup, I thought I would let you know that I intend to file a Backout Report.

Cyranax
If you message me, I will make it a point to respond as soon as I can, interested or not. Please afford me the same courtesy.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: Backout: Standard of War

Post by wsott1970 »

Well at least sounds hinky... Good to know.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: BTR: Standard of War - Resolved by Paypal

Post by 3eland »

If you actually sent money and he did not fulfill his end (re: shipping), regardless of Paypal stepping in, it would be a BTR. I have moved the topic and changed the title to reflect this (and that paypal resolved it, not the user in question).

I am glad Paypal was able to get your money back.

@Wsott - Please remember that this is a BTR (although it was originally filed as a Back-Out, the same principal applies), any comments not directly related to the BTR (details, information, etc) should not be posted.

The staff has reached out to the user since this is now the second occurrence.

Ryan

Edit - Normally we lock BTR's once resolved but I will keep this one open temporarily in case the OP gets any new information (or the user in question logs back in to comment).
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: BTR: Standard of War - Resolved by Paypal

Post by 3eland »

One thing I just noticed, is that Joshua gave you a different email than he gave the other member.

isabelra2007@gmail.com

isabelra2008@gmail.com

This does not warrant well for his image.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”