"...The report of my death was an exaggeration." - Mark Twain

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

"...The report of my death was an exaggeration." - Mark Twain

Post by MagickalMemories »

Hello, Bartertown. I’ve missed you maniacs. Really.
It’s only been recently that I realized I’ve been gone about seven months. Wow. In the past, if I wasn’t out of the country, it was unheard of for me to even miss seven DAYS around this place.
Who’s been here to sh**-post, and run up their post count with inane replies to other peoples’ threads in my absence?
LOL

It’s interesting. Within the last two weeks, I’ve realized I was gone for seven months (more on this later) and, within the last week, two different people reached out to see how I was doing. It’s like the universe wants me to come back here to you fine people!
Okay… back here to you people.

It made me realize…
…I’m the Admin Bartertown deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you'll hunt me. Because I can take it. Because I’m not your hero. I’m a (less than) silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight…
With my apologies to the Batman franchise and, indeed, the entire DC universe. LOL

My apologies to those who have reached out to me in my absence. Please, know that I WILL be reading my PMs and replying to any and all that… well, that it would still be appropriate to respond to. If you asked me about a trade dispute from 7 months ago, for example, I’ll still check in with you to see how it went. I won’t (right away) spend an hour writing a response, as I would have previously. No reason responding to something that might be a moot topic now.

So…

A lot has happened in my life. More stories than you want to hear, so, I’ll give you the short version (YES, HATERS! I AM CAPABLE OF THAT… in my own way.).
Got laid off in Oct 2020. Was fortunate to have a stellar severance package, which saw me “made whole” for ten months, due to my position and seniority with that employer. So, I was fortunate in 2021, while many people weren’t. The week that my severance ran out, I got a job offer. It’s a huge step up, and into a vastly different job. I’ve spent a lot of time learning OTJ, studying, etc. Plenty of home study, as well. That started in August and, frankly, is ongoing. I’m learning every day, and this job will keep me on my toes. It’ll be a LONG time before I’m able to log into BT from work aga (if ever).

In Nov., I had a COVID exposure. I was negative, fortunately, but still. Not something you WANT to happen.

I had a medical issue in December that I won’t go into much. In long-term the scheme of things, it wasn’t anything severe. In the short term… it kind of was. I was taken OUT of commission for months. I’ve been in Physical Therapy 2x a week for a couple months. I’m down to 1x a week now. It’s only been a couple weeks that I’ve been able to use a pillow and sleep without elevating the head of the bed (the wife’s ecstatic about getting to sleep flat again! LOL). The radial nerve on my right side went haywire and f*ed me up. I’m mostly better, but have to work on weakness in my right arm. But I’m back at about 75%, which is an amazing place to be, all things considered.

My daughter got engaged at the end of last month, so I’m dealing with the stress of knowing that my 23-year-old daughter’s going to be someone’s WIFE next year. Wow. We get to go look at a wedding/reception facility on Thursday. I’m so excited. The deposit is more than my whole wedding and reception (25 years ago) COST.
LOL

So, I’m going to try to get back here at least once a week. I really do miss this community and website. I spent so many hours and years of my life working around here that it really has felt like a part of my has been missing. You, Bartertowners. YOU are that part.

Please, keep in mind that my PM inbox is stupid-full. If you want to send me private greetings, etc., PLEASE do so. I’ll love to hear from you people who I haven’t talked to in so long. It might take me a while to get back to you, though. LOL
BUT I WILL.

If you have any BT related questions, problems, etc., please continue posting those in the appropriate forums. A Staff member will reply ASAP. Since I’m starting at my oldest messages, and working my way forward, it’s going to be a LONG time until I’m able to help anyone. Even then, I only expect to be on once a week or so. So… yeah.

For you old timers – I missed you grouchy, opinionated, fun s.o.b.s. I really did. You guys added a lot of fun and humor to my life (and maybe only a LITTLE stress). I look forward to interacting with you psychopaths again.

For those of you who have just joined in the last 7 months or so – I look forward to getting to know you guys, too.

Okay, BT. Just a small “novella” to get you started. No epic soliloquies from me tonight… just a minor one.

Happy Trading!
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: "...The report of my death was an exaggeration." - Mark Twain

Post by 3eland »

Don't worry, I saved all the admin stuff for you while you were away.... All 7 months of it...

😉

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I thought you were just busy and posting in PMs to people.
I've been working 6 days a week since...September? average of 52 hours a week. I think the wife and I had covid. Caught it from a coworker and worked through it. 56 hour week that time. I've tested negative a couple times and am waiting to be deemed essential enough to get a vaccine. Then again, I'll be 60 this year and the state just opened up vaccine appointments to 50+

Glad your back man.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I thought there was something missing around here. Glad to have that cleared up now MM. :)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:35 am
I thought you were just busy and posting in PMs to people.
I've been working 6 days a week since...September? average of 52 hours a week. I think the wife and I had covid. Caught it from a coworker and worked through it. 56 hour week that time. I've tested negative a couple times and am waiting to be deemed essential enough to get a vaccine. Then again, I'll be 60 this year and the state just opened up vaccine appointments to 50+

Glad your back man.
If that's what I was doing, there's no way I could *not* PM my favorite Floridian Postal Employee (Sorry, kt. My brother's still my overall fave. LOL).

Life just got weird and complicated. I'm working to uncomplicate it.

I just wanna hang out with my gamer-nerd friends and do gamer-nerd stuff!
: )

Because of my job, I did just manage to get my 1st injection of nanobots. They get to multiply in my system, when I go back in mid-April to have them activated.

Eric
YoungWolf777 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:10 pm
I thought there was something missing around here. Glad to have that cleared up now MM. :)
Yeah.
An excessive post count!
LOL

Thanks, guys.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”