Does anyone know werelizard in real life?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Does anyone know werelizard in real life?

Post by reegsk »

Hey all! trying to get ahold of the user werelizard. We were working on a deal about a month back, which I left as a "when this other deal goes through I'll be in touch," and then that deal took over a month. I sent him a message a month back, but he hasn't logged in since before then. If anyone has another way to contact him, I would greatly appreciate it if you could point him back to Bartertown! Thanks!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Does anyone know werelizard in real life?

Post by MagickalMemories »

I've spoken with him. He's had some issues. I'll PM you.
Anyone else having issues contacting him, shoot me a PM.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
the Goat ( 104 )
BTown Regular

Post by the Goat »

I was in the middle of purchasing a large batch of models from werelizard when he dropped off the radar. I paid on 4 January. The package was not sent and no contact from werelizard since 22 January.

I understand he had serious real life issues. But it is coming up on three months since I sent payment. I think I've been patient.

You have. Of course.
Check your inbox, please.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
the Goat ( 104 )
BTown Regular

Post by the Goat »

Mary-Kate Olsen wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:38 am
I was in the middle of purchasing a large batch of models from werelizard when he dropped off the radar. I paid on 4 January. The package was not sent and no contact from werelizard since 22 January.

I understand he had serious real life issues. But it is coming up on three months since I sent payment. I think I've been patient.
I did hear back from werelizard. The transaction is not yet complete. But things are looking up.

Post by Raiven Claw »

I'm a little late on this. But I've dealt with werelizard multiple times in the past. It seems to take an average of 3-4 months to finish a deal. He will get back to you. However it took two Paypal cases until he actually responded with me....
If you can't find my reference here is my link ref_view.php?user_id=311
*My rules:
.I ship anywhere
.If you don't know what you want, don't waste my time
.Buyer always pay shipping, unless otherwise
.Don't compare my value's with ebay's
.I'm actaully allot more friendlier than I sound
the Goat ( 104 )
BTown Regular

Post by the Goat »

Raiven Claw wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:04 am
I'm a little late on this. But I've dealt with werelizard multiple times in the past. It seems to take an average of 3-4 months to finish a deal. He will get back to you. However it took two Paypal cases until he actually responded with me....
Thanks. I hope you are right.

Post by the Goat »

FYI: I was able to complete my transaction with werelizard. Real life stuff delayed it for six months. But everything arrived as originally agreed. I have no hard feelings.

Thanks for the follow up. Good to hear.

Eric

Raiven Claw ( 234 )
Resident Trader

Post by Raiven Claw »

Glad to hear that you got your stuff. The only times I've received items from MR. Lynch is when I had to issue a hold on payments through Paypal. Do not ignore him and keep bombarding him with messages. It's the only way. He also sells on Ebay and has made multiple accounts. His current Ebay name is:
jala_9812.

Be weary my fellow Bartertowners!
If you can't find my reference here is my link ref_view.php?user_id=311
*My rules:
.I ship anywhere
.If you don't know what you want, don't waste my time
.Buyer always pay shipping, unless otherwise
.Don't compare my value's with ebay's
.I'm actaully allot more friendlier than I sound
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

Has anyone heard from him in the last week?

I saw this thread after I paid him $285 for a batch of models, he responded immediately until I sent payment and then has dropped off the map since. His post claimed he would send the package in 2 working days, and his last communication with me was Friday the 5th saying he was going to mail the package on Sat.

Wish I had seen this thread first. I don't know what the normal timelines people expect to deal with on this forum since I'm new here, but it's a bummer it looks like I have to harangue the first guy to get the models I paid him for mailed.

Any advice here? He seems to be a long established member of the forum.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

The turnaround time from finalizing a deal to the person shipping out is often part of the negotiation, just like werelizard did when he gave a shipping timeframe. What day did you pay him? Did you use PayPal, Venmo, CashApp?

You can also message a Mod. I'd recommend dropping a message to MagickalMemories, and he can also try reaching out. If you have werelizard's email from PayPal, I'd send an email too. If you paid with PayPal Goods and Services (which I recommend always using, unless the other person sent first and you have the product in hand), you will be able to open a dispute and then a claim, but you have a really long time to do so. I would try reaching out to the powers that be on here first, and if even they can't get a response from him by Friday, open a PayPal Dispute. Then PayPal sends him an email and it will freeze any money he has in his account up to the amount you sent him, until you either escalate it to a Claim and PayPal rules one way or the other, or you choose to tell PayPal the dispute has been resolved. I hope it doesn't come to that step, but if someone is avoiding contact and isn't following through with their part of the deal, well, it tends to get a person's attention.
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

I sent the payment Wed Aug 3rd and he confirmed he received it so the package should have gone out that Friday per his ad. No big deal if it went out late but I just wanted a response.

I was able to get a response last night after pinging him through Cashapp, and then finally requesting a refund through it. He replied promptly after that saying the package was on the way and he’d update tracking today.

Hopefully we’re all squared away.

I don’t mind sending money through whatever is best for the seller (for hobby stuff) since I’d rather people not eat fees etc if they don’t have to. At this point I’ve actually never been scammed doing online trading, and I think most people are honest.

But I don’t have a lot of free time, and I get aggravated when I have to keep this stuff on my radar and spend a lot of energy trying to get people to follow up on things. I definitely don’t want a 6 month transaction like other people in this thread mentioned!

None of this is an emergency or life or death stuff so I’m generally pretty laid back as long as something is happening and I’m in the loop.

I appreciate the feedback, I was trying to get a feel for what normal turnaround is for folks around here. I didn’t want to be an impatient jerk setting off alarms if people just work on a slower timeline on Bartertown.

Anyway, if he gets tracking over to me some time today we’re all good. 👍
Courtjester17 ( 42 )
Trade Novice

Post by Courtjester17 »

Good luck getting anything from a MOD. I sent mods a message 2 weeks ago and heard zero back and PM'd MagickalMemories a week ago and got zero response there.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Courtjester17 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm
Good luck getting anything from a MOD. I sent mods a message 2 weeks ago and heard zero back and PM'd MagickalMemories a week ago and got zero response there.
Well, I am active daily.

MM mentioned long ago that he would be stepping back and that I would be taking over a lot of his responsibilities, so if you are looking for his help, you'll be waiting a long while.

I've reached out to Werelizard in regards to his recent trades, as well as supplied Norgath with an alternative contact. There is little more I can do at the moment, before being forced to create a Bad Apple post and permanently banning him from Bartertown due to his poor trading practices. Obviously I'd rather not have to resort to that and have given him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm hopeful Werelizard will make good on his side asap.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”