BTR: getupandgo

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: getupandgo

Post by Eppelwhat »

Synopsis
getupandgo advertised “Copplestone, Pulp Figures, etc, over 200 figures plus armored car.” I offered $250 for the bundle. There were links to photos associated with the bundle that I had previously seen showing a jumble of miniatures. Although the links were no longer working when I made my offer, it didn’t bother me so much as I would be getting over 200 figures for $250. Being that Pulp Figures are bundled in 4-6 figures a pack for $17 with the sixth pack being free, I thought this was a good bargain.

getupandgo agreed to the deal and offered to throw in shipping and to “throw in anything else pulp related that [he found] as well”. I paid in Paypal and requested emailed photos of the miniatures. Paypal issued the payment via e-check and, although it left my bank immediately on October 18, it took a little over a week to clear, finally clearing Friday, October 25. getupandgo confirmed receipt and said he’d get the figures out Monday, October 28. This was a frustrating process as I was hoping to have the figures that weekend, but it was no fault of getupandgo’s.

On Wednesday, October 30, getupandgo informed me he had come down with the flu on Sunday morning and the miniatures would go out that day. After not hearing from him for the remainder of the day, I told him on October 31 that if the minis had not gone out on October 31 I wished to cancel our transaction.

He told me he had shipped on October 31. He told me I “got a fantastic deal” and that I was receiving “several thousand dollars of minis” and he “didn’t charge [me] for postage.” I requested a tracking number and he failed to give me one, instead first telling me it had been delivered. He eventually provided a tracking number. While USPS tracking indicated the package was delivered on November 2, it had not been delivered. I opened a ticket with USPS on November 4 and received the package later that day.

The package contained 93 miniatures. I expressed disappointment in that getupandgo had advertised over 200 figures. getupandgo’s only offer to resolve the situation was that I return the miniatures to him and he would refund my money minus his shipping expenses, which he labeled “a charge for [my] acting erratically towards [him] in regards to payment, and then claiming the package wasn’t delivered when ["I"] had received it two days prior.”

I offered to resolve the situation of getting the benefit of my bargain, his choices being: a) a full refund with him paying postage, b) a delivery of at least 108 figures at his cost, or c) a refund of $134.33 (cost of 108 figures at our bargained for price). I offered to leave these offers open until Saturday, but getupandgo has rejected them.

Ultimately, this is a dispute over $40 in shipping prices. But I’m willing to take this to a BTR because there was a specific number of figures advertised and a failure of perfect tender. This isn’t right. I shouldn’t have to pay because getupandgo falsely advertised his goods.

Messages below, ordered oldest to newest:

MESSAGE HISTORY:
Re: H: FW and OOP Epic, Team Yankee, Post Apoc, Shadowrun, Q

Sent: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm
The photos were not up when I agreed to those terms. Despite tracking, the package was not delivered until yesterday and I am willing to swear to that. Notably, I am also not interested in being out $40 for something I paid for and did not receive.

Therefore, I now ask for you to pay return postage for these nonconforming (by over 100 models) goods and give me a full refund of my $250. Alternatively, I will also accept you shipping me at least 108 pulp models at your cost. As a third option, I was expecting to pay $250 for at least 201 models, or $1.24378 per model. I will accept a partial refund of $134.33.

Do you accept any of these offers? They are open until this Saturday, after which I will escalate the matter.
As I said, Please return the figures for a refund. I'm not interested in dealing with you any further.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm
by Eppelwhat
The photos were not up when I agreed to those terms. Despite tracking, the package was not delivered until yesterday and I am willing to swear to that. Notably, I am also not interested in being out $40 for something I paid for and did not receive.

Therefore, I now ask for you to pay return postage for these nonconforming (by over 100 models) goods and give me a full refund of my $250. Alternatively, I will also accept you shipping me at least 108 pulp models at your cost. As a third option, I was expecting to pay $250 for at least 201 models, or $1.24378 per model. I will accept a partial refund of $134.33.

Do you accept any of these offers? They are open until this Saturday, after which I will escalate the matter.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 am
I think that’s unfair. You told me there were over 200 figures. You took the photos down and never sent me photos to verify, despite me asking for them. I should get a full refund.
I did not take any photos down, they were removed because of the age. Bartertown does not have a good system for posting photos. You agreed to the deal with the photos as shown. The photos were up when you agreed to the terms.

I sent you everything in the photos.

You have been confrontational every step of the way. I am out postage. I am not interested in losing money on a penny stakes deal for figures I simply wanted out of my life.

If for nothing else, the $19.50 can be seen as a charge for your acting erratically towards me in regards to payment, and then claiming the package wasn't delivered when you had received it two days prior.

Let me know when it goes in the mail and what the tracking number is, or I will simply let you know when it arrives, and provide you the refund.

Thank you.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 am
by Eppelwhat
I think that’s unfair. You told me there were over 200 figures. You took the photos down and never sent me photos to verify, despite me asking for them. I should get a full refund.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:46 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm
I will return it to you tomorrow. I understand you to mean that I will pay to ship it back and you will immediately refund me my $250.
I will refund you the $250 minus my cost of shipping. I believe it was $19.50.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm
by Eppelwhat
I will return it to you tomorrow. I understand you to mean that I will pay to ship it back and you will immediately refund me my $250.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm
Well, it actually showed up today and my disappointment continues.

You described this as “worth thousands of dollars.” You explicitly said there were over 200 pulp figures. There are 93. Which makes the weight of 3lbs 13oz make sense. Most of these go for about 2-3 bucks each new in their original packs.

I was promised over 200 figures. I am entitled to perfect tender. How will you make this right?
FD882E7F-95ED-4B03-9C91-0B0C4892A3B8.jpeg
You got what was in the pictures. Feel free to return it for a refund sans shipping.

Thanks.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm
by Eppelwhat

You described this as “worth thousands of dollars.” You explicitly said there were over 200 pulp figures. There are 93. Which makes the weight of 3lbs 13oz make sense. Most of these go for about 2-3 bucks each new in their original packs.

I was promised over 200 figures. I am entitled to perfect tender. How will you make this right?

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 pm
I did not receive it. Please confirm the shipping address. I will call USPS.
EDITED BY EPPELWHAT. THIS IS MY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:57 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
I didn’t. Send me a tracking number.
Delivered on November 2nd.
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.58.34 PM.png

Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:26 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm
Ok. At the same time, I have been without money for weeks and had my Indiana Jones game go tits up, and it feels like this transaction, which I thought would go fast, just keeps dragging on. Hopefully you can understand that. Did you get a tracking number?
Even if I had shipped on the previous Monday, there is no guarantee you would have gotten them in time for your game. I would personally not plan a game until I had all the pieces in hand, so you were taking a risk there.

I have no control over the way the money was sent, or how long paypal and your bank took to resolve the transaction.

Looks like you should have gotten the package yesterday.

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm
by Eppelwhat
Ok. At the same time, I have been without money for weeks and had my Indiana Jones game go tits up, and it feels like this transaction, which I thought would go fast, just keeps dragging on. Hopefully you can understand that. Did you get a tracking number?

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:56 pm
by getupandgo
Also, it was several thousand dollars of minis for $250, and I didn't charge you for postage. You got a fantastic deal.

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 pm
If it didn’t get out today, I would like you to refund me, please. This has just been too much hassle for me.
It went out. I didn't get payment until Monday. It's now Thursday, and I've been sick. Hopefully you can understand that.

let me know when you receive it.

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 pm
by Eppelwhat
If it didn’t get out today, I would like you to refund me, please. This has just been too much hassle for me.

Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm
Any chance you have a tracking number for me?
Sorry, I came down with the flu on Sunday and am just now checking messages. I have been wiped. Apologies. This will go out today.

Sent: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:40 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am
Looks like it cleared!
Got it!
I'll send out by Monday. Sorry it missed your game tomorrow

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am
by Eppelwhat
Looks like it cleared!

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:29 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:06 am
Just got off the phone with PayPal. They say that there is a “highway” that the money is currently stuck on and were incredibly shady about answering my questions and taking the time to explain to me what ACH means. Apparently the funds were transferred by echeck. Not sure why that happened, but he guaranteed me the money would be released to you by Monday.

My bank paid it on the date I paid it.

Aaaaand... I’m switching to Venmo, because I had planned an Indiana Jones game tomorrow and was really hoping for some figures.
Ah, sorry to hear that your plans were screwed up. Had I realized that this was the issue, I would have just sent it on Monday as I stated. I am sure the money will get here eventually. I'll put it in the mail either tomorrow or Monday regardless of whether the money has gotten to me or not. I just assumed it was something that was an error on your end.

Sorry this has turned out so stressful.

I definitely agree that paypal has gotten a lot less user-friendly lately. Venmo seems to be a better option, I agree.

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:06 am
by Eppelwhat
Just got off the phone with PayPal. They say that there is a “highway” that the money is currently stuck on and were incredibly shady about answering my questions and taking the time to explain to me what ACH means. Apparently the funds were transferred by echeck. Not sure why that happened, but he guaranteed me the money would be released to you by Monday.

Aaaaand... I’m switching to Venmo, because I had planned an Indiana Jones game tomorrow and was really hoping for some figures.

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:30 pm
I’ll call my bank in the morning. My online interface says it’s a payment.
I logged into the browser version of paypal, which has a lot more info than the mobile version, and it does show your transaction, and states "pending until oct 23, 2019" which is now two days ago.

I have no idea what to do about that, since it's not in my account, and it's not in yours either. Paypal told me that funds from a bank account could be pending for a while, but this is beyond what they suggested when you made it apparently.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 9.15.09 AM.png

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:30 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm
Still showing as pending and still not in my bank account. Have you received other PayPal payments to that address?
Apparently, if it's pending, it means it hasn't cleared your bank yet. You may want to give them a call, and find out what is taking so long.

I will let you know as soon as it hits my account.

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:59 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Still showing as pending and still not in my bank account. Have you received other PayPal payments to that address?
Yes, I've gotten several other payments recently. I'll call paypal today to see if they can give me any info based on the transaction number. Can you confirm that it was a personal payment? I've never seen something like this occur before.

Sent: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:46 pm
by Eppelwhat
It’s attached to my Monday 3:38pm message. Attaching it to this one as well.

Sent: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 pm
by Eppelwhat

• Quote getupandgo
Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 pm
You can see in the screenshot I sent you that I paid directly from my bank. Not sure what to do, here.
I'm not seeing a screenshot. What's the transaction number? I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if there's anything I need to do on my end.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 pm
by Eppelwhat
You can see in the screenshot I sent you that I paid directly from my bank. Not sure what to do, here.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:12 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm
I did. Don’t know why it says pending. Funds are gone from my account.
Strange, there's nothing on my end. Did you pay with a paypal balance? Maybe the funds weren't available? It's not showing anything pending on my end, I have a $0 balance, and I'm not seeing anything I need to accept.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:15 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Very odd. Says it’s “pending”.
Did you send it as a personal payment? It's not showing up in my account in any way.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Can you confirm receipt of payment and request for pictures? Thanks!
Just got back from being out of town.

I didn't get the paypal payment. Nothing in my account. EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII (all one word) at gmail.

Sent: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:04 pm
by Eppelwhat
Payment sent! I’m gonna be swimming in pulp. Thanks!

And can you repost/send me pictures of them again? Looks like the site got taken down. EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII @ gmail

Sent: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:53 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:05 pm
Sorry for the late reply. How about $250?
That works for me. I'll include shipping if in the US.

paypal to: EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII at gmail

I can mail out on Monday if you get payment to me before the weekend.

Please send as a personal payment.

Thanks, and I'll throw anything else in pulp related that I find as well.

Sent: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:05 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:14 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
No chance you’d take PayPal? I don’t really have anything in your list. Thought I had a crapload of Gloomspite but I can’t find the box.
Feel free to make me an offer, but I'm really mostly interested in trading.

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
by Eppelwhat
No chance you’d take PayPal? I don’t really have anything in your list. Thought I had a crapload of Gloomspite but I can’t find the box.

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:15 pm
by getupandgo
I do. Let me know what you'd be interested in trading for them.
Eppelwhat wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 pm
Still got those Pulp figures?
Subject: H: FW and OOP Epic, Team Yankee, Post Apoc, Shadowrun, Quar, HO trains, Dust, Pulp - W: Tau, SW Legions, AD Mech

getupandgo wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 am
Here's what I'm looking for:

•Picked up a bunch of stuff for my son's first army. Still looking for some of the bigger Tau battlesuits (Ghostkeel x1, Stormsurge, Broadsides x2, Riptide x1, etc).

•Looking for Battlefoam P.A.C.K. bags.

•Also interested in Adeptus Mechanicus walkers: Ironstrider, Sydonia Dragoon, Ruststalkers, Kastelan Robots, etc

I'd prefer that trades be on sprue or (very) well assembled. Would like pictures of any assembled minis.

•Also looking for a few Star Wars Legion Rebel models: Rebel Commandos x2, Rebel Pathfinders x2, Wookie Warriors x2, Chewbacca Operative, Han Solo Commander, Rebel Specialists, Sandspeeder x2, Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren.

•And these other Star Wars Legions models: Dewback Rider x2 Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion, Downed AT-ST, Upgrade card pack, Game Mats (any other than Hoth).

•Will also consider trades for Night Goblin Gloomspire Gits

Ask for details on what you'd be interested in. There's a lot in some of these other categories I'm listing below, and it would take me forever to type it all out. I'm mostly listing general things to make this easier, but can provide details/pics for specific things you're interested in that don't have pictures.

Here's what I have:

Star Wars Legions
2 Rebel Trooper Squads with all cards (7 person squads with 2 special weapons).

Lots of post-apoc terrain

Athearn HO scale trains
4 engines, a bunch of cars, all like new in boxes.
About $500 retail worth of HO stuff.

28mm post-apoc skirmish games
Lots of terrain, figures, etc.

Path to Glory 2 player starter box (sealed)

Flames of War
1939-1941 and 1944-1945 book

Team Yankee Soviets (all new on sprue)
•2x Tankovy Company
•2x SA-13 Gopher AA
•SU-25 Frogfoot
•Motor Rifle Company
•BRDM-2 Recon Platoon
•BMP or BMP2 Company
•MI-24 HIND helicoptor Company
•3 15mm shanty buildings (primed)
•Team Yankee core book
•Team Yankee Iron Maiden book (British)
•Team Yankee Volks Armee book (East Germans)

OOP FW epic and specialist game epic
Imperial Guard/Krieg
•Chimera company
•2 gorgon transports
•Malcador? Heavy tank w/ 3 turret options
•deathstrike
•4-6 smaller thud guns/metal bombards, etc
•manticore (might be missing missiles)
•2 hydras
•older titan
•~10 basilisks (w 2 command/repair vehicles)
•3 Forgeworld Warhound titans (painted)
•4 Forgeworld Thunderbolt fighters (painted)
•FW earthshakers in bag
•FW earthshakers unassembled
•FW Manticores unassembled
•Sentinals (4)
•FW Basilisk (1?)
•FW Vanquishers (3)
•FW Bombards? (3)
•3 semi-painted FW emplacements for Krieg (long OOP)
•10 Emplacements (for krieg or similar IG army), magnetized
http://tinypic.com/r/2agjo7/9
http://i63.tinypic.com/1zwceio.jpg
http://tinypic.com/r/2cembr9/9
http://tinypic.com/r/4vseom/9
http://tinypic.com/r/2uylrag/9

Painted IG army (basic EA figures)
•4 sentinel formations
•4-8 Rough Rider formations
http://tinypic.com/r/1z16z48/9

Eldar
•Phantom Titan (missing power fist)
•2x Forgeworld Phoenix Bombers (painted Biel-Tan green)
http://tinypic.com/r/29lbacn/9

Epic Buildings
•8-10 Well painted Epic buildings (plasticard added to plastic ruined building sets
http://tinypic.com/r/2nv8qx4/9
http://tinypic.com/r/1424uv8/9
http://tinypic.com/r/29z7mo1/9

Forgeworld buildings
•Administratum
•3x Librarium
•Ruined Librarium
•2x Censorium
•Control Tower (parts might be missing, will have to check)
•Bunker (from defense line)
http://tinypic.com/r/ek0uh2/9

Quar Royalist army (all painted metal)
•Company, about 25 minis. Painted to a very high tabletop standard, with standard bearer and heavy weapons
https://www.zombiesmith.com/collections/quar-units/

Shadowrun Ral Partha minis
•about 60 as pictured. Nearly every mini created by Ral Partha, including some of the much rarer ones. 5 cycles.
http://tinypic.com/r/6oznyx/9

Soviet Dust Tactics
•SSU Battlegroup Kashka
•Dust Tactics 2014 soviet card set

lots of 28mm pulp
•Copplestone, Pulp Figures, etc, over 200 figures plus armored car
http://tinypic.com/r/2u6juyq/9
http://tinypic.com/r/24mz3no/9
http://tinypic.com/r/68gbwp/9
http://tinypic.com/r/ae5ddx/9

Wild in the Streets skirmish game (all new in bags)
•Skinheads
•Edgemen
•Drunk Punks
http://tinypic.com/r/2en9uop/9

Necromunda
•a bunch of buzzsaw arms for conversions
http://tinypic.com/r/2ega35e/9

•xbox games

•Nerf guns (have a TON, including long OOP stuff)

•Legos (some star wars sets, but mostly general)

•32 gig ipad w/ cellular service (sprint I believe)

•iphone 6 (works fine, just upgraded)

•Nikon d90 (body only)

probably a lot of other stuff I can dig up.

Sent: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 pm
by Eppelwhat
Subject: H: FW and OOP Epic, Team Yankee, Post Apoc, Shadowrun, Quar, HO trains, Dust, Pulp - W: Tau, SW Legions, AD Mech

•Picked up a bunch of stuff for my son's first army. Still looking for some of the bigger Tau battlesuits (Ghostkeel x1, Stormsurge, Broadsides x2, Riptide x1, etc).

•Also interested in Adeptus Mechanicus walkers: Ironstrider, Sydonia Dragoon, Ruststalkers, Kastelan Robots, etc

I'd prefer that trades be on sprue or (very) well assembled. Would like pictures of any assembled minis.

•Also looking for a few Star Wars Legion Rebel models: Rebel Commandos x2, Rebel Pathfinders x2, Wookie Warriors x2, Chewbacca Operative, Han Solo Commander, Rebel Specialists, Sandspeeder x2, Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren.

•And these other Star Wars Legions models: Dewback Rider x2 Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion, Downed AT-ST, Upgrade card pack, Game Mats (any other than Hoth).

Ask for details on what you'd be interested in. There's a lot in some of these other categories I'm listing below, and it would take me forever to type it all out. I'm mostly listing general things to make this easier, but can provide details/pics for specific things you're interested in that don't have pictures.

Here's what I have:

Star Wars Legions

Athearn HO scale trains

Flames of War

•2x Tankovy Company
•2x SA-13 Gopher AA
•SU-25 Frogfoot
•Motor Rifle Company
•BRDM-2 Recon Platoon
•BMP or BMP2 Company
•Team Yankee core book

Imperial Guard/Krieg
•Chimera company
•2 gorgon transports
•deathstrike
•2 hydras
•older titan
•FW earthshakers in bag
•Sentinals (4)
•FW Basilisk (1?)
•FW Vanquishers (3)
•FW Bombards? (3)

•4 sentinel formations

Eldar

Epic Buildings
•8-10 Well painted Epic buildings (plasticard added to plastic ruined building sets

Forgeworld buildings
•Administratum
•3x Librarium
•Ruined Librarium
•2x Censorium

•Company, about 25 minis. Painted to a very high tabletop standard, with standard bearer and heavy weapons

•about 60 as pictured. Nearly every mini created by Ral Partha, including some of the much rarer ones. 5 cycles.

Soviet Dust Tactics
•SSU Battlegroup Kashka

lots of 28mm pulp

•Skinheads
•Edgemen
•Drunk Punks

Necromunda

•xbox games

•Nikon d90 (body only)

Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR: getupandgo

Post by Eppelwhat »

Also, if you prefer to read chronologically from oldest to newest:

MESSAGE HISTORY:

Sent: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 pm
by Eppelwhat

Here's what I have:

Star Wars Legions

Athearn HO scale trains

Flames of War

•2x Tankovy Company
•2x SA-13 Gopher AA
•SU-25 Frogfoot
•Motor Rifle Company
•BRDM-2 Recon Platoon
•BMP or BMP2 Company
•Team Yankee core book

Imperial Guard/Krieg
•Chimera company
•2 gorgon transports
•deathstrike
•2 hydras
•older titan
•FW earthshakers in bag
•Sentinals (4)
•FW Basilisk (1?)
•FW Vanquishers (3)
•FW Bombards? (3)

•4 sentinel formations

Eldar

Epic Buildings

Forgeworld buildings
•Administratum
•3x Librarium
•Ruined Librarium
•2x Censorium

Soviet Dust Tactics
•SSU Battlegroup Kashka

lots of 28mm pulp

•Skinheads
•Edgemen
•Drunk Punks

Necromunda

•xbox games

•Nikon d90 (body only)

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:15 pm
by getupandgo
I do. Let me know what you'd be interested in trading for them.
Eppelwhat wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Here's what I have:

Star Wars Legions

Athearn HO scale trains

Flames of War

•2x Tankovy Company
•2x SA-13 Gopher AA
•SU-25 Frogfoot
•Motor Rifle Company
•BRDM-2 Recon Platoon
•BMP or BMP2 Company
•Team Yankee core book

Imperial Guard/Krieg
•Chimera company
•2 gorgon transports
•deathstrike
•2 hydras
•older titan
•FW earthshakers in bag
•Sentinals (4)
•FW Basilisk (1?)
•FW Vanquishers (3)
•FW Bombards? (3)

•4 sentinel formations

Eldar

Epic Buildings

Forgeworld buildings
•Administratum
•3x Librarium
•Ruined Librarium
•2x Censorium

Soviet Dust Tactics
•SSU Battlegroup Kashka

lots of 28mm pulp

•Skinheads
•Edgemen
•Drunk Punks

Necromunda

•xbox games

•Nikon d90 (body only)

Sent: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:14 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
Feel free to make me an offer, but I'm really mostly interested in trading.

Sent: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:05 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:53 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:05 pm
That works for me. I'll include shipping if in the US.

paypal to: EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII at gmail

I can mail out on Monday if you get payment to me before the weekend.

Please send as a personal payment.

Thanks, and I'll throw anything else in pulp related that I find as well.

by Eppelwhat

And can you repost/send me pictures of them again? Looks like the site got taken down. EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII @ gmail

by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
Just got back from being out of town.

I didn't get the paypal payment. Nothing in my account. EPPELWHAT EDITED FOR PII (all one word) at gmail.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:15 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Did you send it as a personal payment? It's not showing up in my account in any way.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:12 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:21 pm
Strange, there's nothing on my end. Did you pay with a paypal balance? Maybe the funds weren't available? It's not showing anything pending on my end, I have a $0 balance, and I'm not seeing anything I need to accept.

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 pm
I'm not seeing a screenshot. What's the transaction number? I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if there's anything I need to do on my end.

Sent: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:46 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:59 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Yes, I've gotten several other payments recently. I'll call paypal today to see if they can give me any info based on the transaction number. Can you confirm that it was a personal payment? I've never seen something like this occur before.

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Apparently, if it's pending, it means it hasn't cleared your bank yet. You may want to give them a call, and find out what is taking so long.

I will let you know as soon as it hits my account.

Sent: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:30 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:14 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:30 pm
I logged into the browser version of paypal, which has a lot more info than the mobile version, and it does show your transaction, and states "pending until oct 23, 2019" which is now two days ago.

I have no idea what to do about that, since it's not in my account, and it's not in yours either. Paypal told me that funds from a bank account could be pending for a while, but this is beyond what they suggested when you made it apparently.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 9.15.09 AM.png

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:06 am
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:29 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:06 am

Ah, sorry to hear that your plans were screwed up. Had I realized that this was the issue, I would have just sent it on Monday as I stated. I am sure the money will get here eventually. I'll put it in the mail either tomorrow or Monday regardless of whether the money has gotten to me or not. I just assumed it was something that was an error on your end.

Sorry this has turned out so stressful.

I definitely agree that paypal has gotten a lot less user-friendly lately. Venmo seems to be a better option, I agree.

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am
by Eppelwhat
Looks like it cleared!

Sent: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:40 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 am
Looks like it cleared!
Got it!
I'll send out by Monday. Sorry it missed your game tomorrow

Sent: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:02 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:12 pm
Sorry, I came down with the flu on Sunday and am just now checking messages. I have been wiped. Apologies. This will go out today.

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:18 pm
It went out. I didn't get payment until Monday. It's now Thursday, and I've been sick. Hopefully you can understand that.

let me know when you receive it.

by getupandgo
Also, it was several thousand dollars of minis for $250, and I didn't charge you for postage. You got a fantastic deal.

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:26 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm
Even if I had shipped on the previous Monday, there is no guarantee you would have gotten them in time for your game. I would personally not plan a game until I had all the pieces in hand, so you were taking a risk there.

I have no control over the way the money was sent, or how long paypal and your bank took to resolve the transaction.

Looks like you should have gotten the package yesterday.

Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:57 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 pm
Delivered on November 2nd.
Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.58.34 PM.png

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 pm
EDITED BY EPPELWHAT. THIS IS MY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm

You got what was in the pictures. Feel free to return it for a refund sans shipping.

Thanks.

Sent: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:46 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm
I will refund you the $250 minus my cost of shipping. I believe it was $19.50.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 am
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:04 am
I did not take any photos down, they were removed because of the age. Bartertown does not have a good system for posting photos. You agreed to the deal with the photos as shown. The photos were up when you agreed to the terms.

I sent you everything in the photos.

You have been confrontational every step of the way. I am out postage. I am not interested in losing money on a penny stakes deal for figures I simply wanted out of my life.

If for nothing else, the $19.50 can be seen as a charge for your acting erratically towards me in regards to payment, and then claiming the package wasn't delivered when you had received it two days prior.

Let me know when it goes in the mail and what the tracking number is, or I will simply let you know when it arrives, and provide you the refund.

Thank you.

Sent: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm
by Eppelwhat

Sent: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am
by getupandgo
Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm

As I said, Please return the figures for a refund. I'm not interested in dealing with you any further.

Post by MagickalMemories »

So, I have a few comments. These are all (just covering my butt here) presuming you've given us the complete communication history and all facts/information:

(1)
ACH = Automated Clearing House (I have a banking background). You can google it.
https://www.thebalance.com/what-does-ac ... for-315226
This is an electronic transfer.
It took so long because PayPal ALWAYS holds these for a couple days. My opinion is that they're earning a few cents off of the balance before sending it.

This is not GUAG's fault. This is your fault for not knowing what you're doing.
If you're using PayPal for a balance transfer from your bank, it's up to you to know how it works. I'd wager Venmo would do something similar.
Note that I'm not "victim blaming" or anything; just pointing out specifics.

(2)
This is why we ALWAYS preach that what's being offered should be SPECIFICALLY listed. If I'd seen the original ad and noticed that part of it, you can bet I'd have removed it and required the 200 models to be listed specifically or, at least, by type and number.

(3)
Lesson learned for you: don't make assumptions about what you're getting. Don't send money for ANYTHING that you haven't seen enough specifics on. Granted, with his feedback level, you SHOULD have been able to trust his word that there were over 200 models, but "once bitten, twice shy."

(4)
It is fully and completely, based on Bartertown rules, the responsibility of the sender/seller to know EXACTLY what they're sending and to provide EXACTLY what's promised in the condition it's promised. Based on what I see here, GUAG failed in that responsibility. He should know better. It's disappointing, as I've interacted with him a lot and have never had anything but a positive opinion.
I think you were generous to ONLY estimate 201 models, base your purchase on that #, and be willing to keep the models he DID send for that adjusted price.
I think that, if the deal was to have the models returned, he should have paid for your return shipping IN ADDITION to footing the bill for the initial shipment, since he didn't send what was advertised.

I still have faith in GUAG. After posting this, I'm going to PM him and ask him to chime in here.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

PM Sent.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

I did send another PM to him. It's still in my Outbox.
Sent: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Recipient: getupandgo

I understand you have rejected my offers. I have opened up a BTR.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=325502

My below offers are hereby renewed. I’d like this to be fairly resolved.
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

His last sign-on was about 8(ish) hours before you sent that.

Eric

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

Sorry for the delay on this. I have been out of town, and am on the tail end of the flu.

I was expecting a package and the OP hasn't sent it yet apparently. I feel that he has lied multiple times, and is using things extremely dishonestly. The only other time I have ever had an issue on here, was with a person with very similar attitude who got caught in several lies. Let me lay out the obvious one here:

He said he didn't get the package 2 days after the tracking showed that he did.

As I stated, I'm only interested in getting my stuff back.

I sent him all of the figures posted in the pictures, and those pictures were accurate.

He is free to send the stuff back for a refund minus my shipping to him (which I included without him asking).

I am not interested in any other deal or dealing with him any further. He has shown himself to be caustic, unpleasant, and rude.

I have always been true to my word, and I don't appreciate his general attitude, insinuations, or actions.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

To clarify: do you think I’m lying when I say you only shipped 93 figures?
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

(Note that I am attempting communication through this thread instead of PM because getupandgo has represented he will no longer communicate via PM. Although I do not feel it is necessary, I have asked USPS to reopen the claim to provide verification of delivery on November 4 rather than November 2.)

Sent: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 am
Recipient: Eppelwhat
Eppelwhat wrote:Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:31 pm
I understand you have rejected my offers. I have opened up a BTR.

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=325502

My below offers are hereby renewed. I’d like this to be fairly resolved.
Feel free.

You can send the stuff back for a refund minus shipping, or not.

Your choice.

There is no other option. This is my last PM to you. If you send it, please make sure you include tracking. If you fail to do so, you accept what you got.

Just to be clear, I do not believe your story.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Weighing in here...

First:
getupandgo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am
I was expecting a package and the OP hasn't sent it yet apparently. I feel that he has lied multiple times, and is using things extremely dishonestly. The only other time I have ever had an issue on here, was with a person with very similar attitude who got caught in several lies. Let me lay out the obvious one here:

Can SOMEONE please post the tracking number? That should've been part of the OP.

Also, I can attest that, as a recipient, I've had both UPS and USPS mark packages as delivered but I didn't get them until the next business day.
I know for a fact (brother is a mail carrier) that this is sometimes done by bad mail carriers who want to end their shifts early. They mark packages as delivered, then hold onto them (and the rest of the mail) until the next delivery day.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:

I sent him all of the figures posted in the pictures, and those pictures were accurate.
He made it clear to you that the links didn't work. All he had to go on was your description. Your tinyurl links are broken.

by Eppelwhat

by Eppelwhat
He went on a couple other times to mention that you never sent pictures.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:
He is free to send the stuff back for a refund minus my shipping to him (which I included without him asking).

I am not interested in any other deal or dealing with him any further. He has shown himself to be caustic, unpleasant, and rude.
I've read the entire PM string, have communicated with him privately, and have even received a PM from him regarding my assertion above that the failures to understand how PayPal works are his fault and that HE should own that responsibility. I have not seen or experienced a single moment of him being caustic, unpleasant, or rude.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:
I have always been true to my word, and I don't appreciate his general attitude, insinuations, or actions.
I'd say this is an argument someone could make against the assertion about being true to your word:

by getupandgo
If you sent 93 models, how much is each one worth for them to be worth "several thousand dollars?" These models would have to be worth over $21.50 each, on average, just to be worth $2000 (which is, IMO, a poor number to equate to "several" thousand).

Understand that *I* am not saying that you are untrue to your word. I'm simply saying someone COULD do so.
Myself, I think you made a simple error. I think it's unfortunate that you're unwilling to own up to your responsibilities.

This quote doesn't help your case:

https://www.bartertown.com/trading/view ... 44&t=45470
Bartertown Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!! wrote: Rule #1: PLAY FAIR.
... be responsible for what you do, follow the rules, and treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself...

Rule 4a: You are also responsible for accurately describing all items that you are trading or selling.
That includes version, condition, assembly status, converted or not, painted or not, any missing pieces and any other information you think might be helpful. Failure to do so may result in the other party filing a Backout Trader or Bad Trader report against you.
Note that linking to Trade/Want/Sale lists that are hosted off-site is not allowed. All items you are offering must be listed in your trade ad. Failure to do so will see your ad removed.
-You did not provide images despite multiple requests.

-Your trade partner relied on your ref score and reputation here to make the deal.

-You did not provide what you described.

-Even if he COULD see the images, you still stated there were over 200 and that they were worth "thousands of dollars." He could easily have been excused for taking your word for the # of models and thinking he just didn't get pics of everything.

-Blaming Bartertown for your planning process isn't a valid excuse. You didn't even use us to host the pics. You used tinyurl and the images were removed prior to you sending the models.

Official opinion:
You should eat the cost of shipping as the value of a lesson learned on double-checking your stock, providing images of items when requested, and ensuring that you always send at least what was expected from you. Believe me, I've eaten far more than that in my years when I messed up on a trade. It's not fair to expect someone else to pay the price of your own errors.

Obviously, I cannot enforce this of you. Should you still decide not to do so, however, we will support Eppelwhat if he decides to pursue the remedies available to him via PayPal and Bartertown.

Eric

Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Can SOMEONE please post the tracking number? That should've been part of the OP.
getupandgo sent it as part of an image file in his November 4 11:57am message. It is:
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm
Weighing in here...

First:
getupandgo wrote:

Also, I can attest that, as a recipient, I've had both UPS and USPS mark packages as delivered but I didn't get them until the next business day.
I know for a fact (brother is a mail carrier) that this is sometimes done by bad mail carriers who want to end their shifts early. They mark packages as delivered, then hold onto them (and the rest of the mail) until the next delivery day.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:

He made it clear to you that the links didn't work. All he had to go on was your description. Your tinyurl links are broken.

by Eppelwhat

by Eppelwhat
He went on a couple other times to mention that you never sent pictures.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:

I've read the entire PM string, have communicated with him privately, and have even received a PM from him regarding my assertion above that the failures to understand how PayPal works are his fault and that HE should own that responsibility. I have not seen or experienced a single moment of him being caustic, unpleasant, or rude.

Next:
getupandgo wrote:
I'd say this is an argument someone could make against the assertion about being true to your word:

by getupandgo
If you sent 93 models, how much is each one worth for them to be worth "several thousand dollars?" These models would have to be worth over $21.50 each, on average, just to be worth $2000 (which is, IMO, a poor number to equate to "several" thousand).

Understand that *I* am not saying that you are untrue to your word. I'm simply saying someone COULD do so.
Myself, I think you made a simple error. I think it's unfortunate that you're unwilling to own up to your responsibilities.

This quote doesn't help your case:

https://www.bartertown.com/trading/view ... 44&t=45470
Bartertown Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!! wrote: Rule #1: PLAY FAIR.
... be responsible for what you do, follow the rules, and treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself...

Rule 4a: You are also responsible for accurately describing all items that you are trading or selling.
That includes version, condition, assembly status, converted or not, painted or not, any missing pieces and any other information you think might be helpful. Failure to do so may result in the other party filing a Backout Trader or Bad Trader report against you.
Note that linking to Trade/Want/Sale lists that are hosted off-site is not allowed. All items you are offering must be listed in your trade ad. Failure to do so will see your ad removed.
-You did not provide images despite multiple requests.

-Your trade partner relied on your ref score and reputation here to make the deal.

-You did not provide what you described.

-Even if he COULD see the images, you still stated there were over 200 and that they were worth "thousands of dollars." He could easily have been excused for taking your word for the # of models and thinking he just didn't get pics of everything.

-Blaming Bartertown for your planning process isn't a valid excuse. You didn't even use us to host the pics. You used tinyurl and the images were removed prior to you sending the models.

Official opinion:
You should eat the cost of shipping as the value of a lesson learned on double-checking your stock, providing images of items when requested, and ensuring that you always send at least what was expected from you. Believe me, I've eaten far more than that in my years when I messed up on a trade. It's not fair to expect someone else to pay the price of your own errors.

Obviously, I cannot enforce this of you. Should you still decide not to do so, however, we will support Eppelwhat if he decides to pursue the remedies available to him via PayPal and Bartertown.

Eric
Hey Eric,
I'm offering to take the minis back. It's not worth arguing over this, but he got what was in the picture, over 200 minis plus a vehicle and I threw in some freebies.

I was not aware of any hosting methods on bartertown, and had I known about them would have used them, but the system with threads posted being deleted after 30 days has been the source of problems for me one time prior, so I was doing my best to be transparent.

I do see the OP as being caustic repeatedly, and again, I am welcoming a return of products, which he has chosen not to do.

He can send back the partial contents of what he got, and I'll refund the money minus shipping.

I don't really have a lot of interest in anything beyond that at this point with him in specific, and if that leads me to be persona-non-Grata, so be it.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

I attach a photo of the shipping weight of a package I received, a photo of that package with the minis listed out on a scale (sans plastic bags they were shipped in), and a photo of that scale’s weight. I have taken a video so one can see the contents and then view the weight without the overhang.

It seems getupandgo thinks he sent me 200 minis “and freebies”. He did not.
78924B2C-12C5-41EB-8B61-C9C0A6CD4240.jpeg
015786C9-63A4-400F-90E0-8E958CD52FA0.jpeg
F121D362-5A31-44D0-AB64-EA7EDF9D9857.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

If getupandgo refuses to acknowledge he advertised 200+ models and only sent 93, I don't have many options. My remedies, unfortunately, are limited:
  • In reliance on getupandgo's references and at his request, I made a personal payment to getupandgo through paypal.
  • If I do decide to throw away $40, I have no guarantee getupandgo will refund my money because he does "not believe [my] story" and may claim I have not returned all the minis he sent. Plus, I shouldn't have to pay as a victim of false advertising.
  • Consumer protection acts are a vehicle for lawyers, who cost money (or time, if you are a lawyer, which is money), and while attorney fees are often available (they are in my state), enforcing a judgment out-of-state can be time-consuming and difficult.
I am unclear as to my remedies through Bartertown. I see the rules allow for "levels" of punishment based on the number of offenses and their severity. Where would this fall? This appears to be a deterrent for bad actors rather than a remedy for victims. Are there Bartertown remedies for victims?

Thanks for everyone who is watching and assisting on this thread.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Quick update, because I like this info to be reflected in BTRs.
I went to the USPS site with that tracking #:
Tracking Number: 9505506590069304149028
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 3:54 pm on November 2, 2019 in SPOKANE, WA 99223.
getupandgo, in light of the proof provided by Eppelwhat above, I'm hoping you'll step up and pay for return shipping.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”