Rusted Nurgle Army

Only Garden Ninja Painting Studio Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Rusted Nurgle Army

Post by gardenninja »

I've been painting a very large Nurgle force with rust effects for a while. I'll go ahead and update this thread with more pictures as I go.

I really wanted to do very rusted and oxidized metals for most of the minis, and I think this look has worked quite well for the force. I feel like I rarely get to do this kind of rust (since even orks would probably throw out weapons that were this poorly maintained).

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Rusted Nurgle Army

Post by MagickalMemories »

The rust looks good, man. Nice!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: Rusted Nurgle Army

Post by wsott1970 »

I second that... and it is a good natural color scheme that works.

I went snotty/green with my old one (Nurgle demons)... which I have slowly replaced with plastics (Nurgle demons and death guard)... thinking going white this time around on demons... and staining it with bruised purples and red washes... Really good video out there if anybody wants the link where a guy does them almost entirely by staining repeatedly with washes and max 33-33-33 mixes of paint/thinner/water paints... Painful time wise, but very nice effect. Then doing something similar to what you have done for the death guard.

Sean

Return to “Garden Ninja Painting Studio”