BTR: Bad at the Internet (Thomas Guillory)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Americansquig ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Bad at the Internet (Thomas Guillory)

Post by Americansquig »

Introduction:

In early September I posted in the painting forums looking for a painter for a Circle of Orbros Army willing to work in exchange for miniatures. Thomas Guillory (bad at the internet) was one of the people to reply to the post and I worked out a deal with him. I sent Thomas 6 Bloodtrackers, 6 Ravagers, a Ravager Shaman to paint with 4 more Bloodtrackers to follow; $15 to pay for a can of GW basecoat spray paint. I also sent Kaptain Badrukk and a hardback copy of Rogue Trader in payment. The Rogue Trader was a miscommunication between the two of us and I was prepared to send other figs to replace the Rogue Trader. On October 12th he confirms the receipt of the package containing the figs. It shows that he has not logged on since October 13th but I received a PM from him November 1st. The last PM I received was November 12th. I am hoping that we can get this resolved as Thomas does not have any negative feedback.

Proof:
All of Thomas’s messages to me are italicized.
Sent September 9th,
Hey Squig- I'm interested in painting your circle stuff. I'm relatively new to the commissioned painting world, but here are a few samples of things I've painted in the past:

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures handy of complete units because I traded all of my finished Khador units off for some Cryx (who, in turn, are still being based). These samples are of approximately the same level of detail that you can expect your models to be painted to. I can commit to about 5-7 models a week, maybe a little more if they are a unit and I can assembly line their paint. I don't know if you want the entire lot painted by the same guy or what, so LMK on that. As far as pay, I'm willing to work for some of that Ork stuff. I'll quote you on exactly which models I want for what amount of painting if you pm me back, but you can use a general guide of $4 retail price / small base model, $6 retail price / medium base mode and $8 retail price / large base mode (very dependent on model).

Thanks,
Thomas

Sent September 9th,
I got some stuff in in a trade that was not listed as painted but turned out to be painted well enough not to need to be repainted. Here is the actual list and the conditions of the figs I need painted:

10 Tharn Bloodtrackers (probably need to strip 6 of them)(4 are NIB)
1 Druid (NIB)
2 Gnarlhorn Satyrs (1 base coated black 1 bare metal)
1 Shadowhorn Satyr (bare Meatal)
1 Warwolf * (Base coated black)
2 Argus * (base coated black)
6 Druids of Orboros (NIB)
1 Druid Wilder (NIB)
1 Pureblood Warpwolf (Basecoated Black)
1 Feral Warpwolf (Basecoated Black)
1 Megalith ** (Partial Paint)(Basecoated black)
1 Woldwardens ** (Basecoated Black)
1 Stalker ** (Basecoated Black)
1 Feral Warpwolf Extreme sculpt (NIB)

Give me a quote please.

Matt
**************************************************************************************

Sent September 9th,
Wow, lot of stuff there still. That's fine though . Here's what I'm thinking on prices...

10 Tharn Bloodtrackers (probably need to strip 6 of them)(4 are NIB) 28
1 Druid (NIB) 5
2 Gnarlhorn Satyrs (1 base coated black 1 bare metal) 20
1 Shadowhorn Satyr (bare Meatal) 20
1 Warwolf * (Base coated black) 6
2 Argus * (base coated black) 12
6 Druids of Orboros (NIB) 30
1 Druid Wilder (NIB) 5
1 Pureblood Warpwolf (Basecoated Black)10
1 Feral Warpwolf (Basecoated Black)9
1 Megalith ** (Partial Paint)(Basecoated black) 15
1 Woldwardens ** (Basecoated Black) 9
1 Stalker ** (Basecoated Black) 7
1 Feral Warpwolf Extreme sculpt (NIB) 20

That comes out to a total of 197. Here's what I'd like in trade. I eyeballed the prices on some of the metal stuff that isn't sold that way any longer (tankbustas, kommandos, horrors)

1 Warboss (Unbuilt) (Metal) 20
1 Kaptin Badrukk (built) 22
1 Ork w/ Tankhammer (unbuilt) 5
4 Tank busttas + Nobz (metal) (unbuilt) 20
1 Box Flamers (NIB) 22.50
1 Herald of Nurgle on Palenquin (New and way OOP) 20?
15 Horrors of Tzentch (Metal) 36
3 Flamers 22.50
Orks Codex 29

total 198

Understand that these prices are for models with "basic" bases, which is to say some painted sand and static grass. I can certainly do more intricate bases, but that will be extra.

Let me know what you think,
Thomas

*********************************************************************************************
Sent September 11th,
Hey Thomas,

I traded for a unit of Ravagers (6 Ravagers and a Shaman). I would like to add that to the list. I also would like a slightly higher level of basing but I will supply the materials. I thought I should send a picture of the figs that are painted to give an idea of the level of painting I am looking for and the basing. The pictures you sent are on the level that I want.

Matt

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... 2_0694.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... 2_0693.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... 2_0696.jpg
**************************************************************************************************

Sent September 11th,
Hey Squig- I've had some major changes happen in my life, and painting all of those models in one swing just doesn't seem as realistic as I had initially thought. I'd like to paint the Ravagers, Shaman and Blood Trackers in a group then send them back for inspection/approval. As far as pay, I'd like that Rogue Trader Hardcover and Captain Badrukk. Depending on how I felt about the initial group, I'll choose to finish up the rest or let it pass on to someone else. Again, I would like to stress timeframe. You can expect me to finish about 5-7 models a week (may be able to do the whole bloodtracker unit in a week, since they're so small). As far as basing, here's a picture of the bases that I built for my Trollblood Warpack.

Also- on models that I intend to spend a good amount of time on and paint properly (anything I paint for commission), I generally cut off the foot tabs so that I can build and paint the model and base separately, pin them on completion.

One final comment- I would like to prime your models properly, which means using GW Primer. Because it is so expensive, I will ask for is the $15 to buy a fresh can of GW prime spray. This can of primer will effectively be yours, I will label it as such and only use it on your models. If you don't want to do that, I can use a cheaper prime spray (Duplicolor). But I have found that sometimes, even with careful application, Duplicolor will pool in some recesses and details.

I know that this is a deviation from what I originally said, but I think the changes I have suggested will make the entire process more smooth for both of us.

Thanks,
Thomas

*********************************************************************************************
Sent September 12th,
All of that sounds great to me. A question on color, though- do you want the blood trackers and ravagers in the studio scheme browns or do you want them in greens like the reeves and wolves in the pictures you sent me? I personally prefer browns for Tharn stuff, but this is your army and I want you to be happy with the models. Judging from those pictures, the basing you want is just some cork in the center of the base with static grass filling the rest, right? That's fine by me, just make sure you send the cork. I don't have any lying around.

When the models come in, my address is:

Thomas Guillory
655 Marie Antoinette Apt. 222
Lafayette, LA 70506

Just ship them out and I'll get to work on them as soon as I receive them. I'll probably be doing the blood trackers first and hopefully will be able to knock the entire unit out in a week. When I've completed them, I'll pm you images to make sure that you're happy with the look, then I'll move on to the ravagers who will probably take me a little longer since they are so large.

Thanks,
Thomas

*************************************************************************************
Sent September 12th,
Sounds good to me. The Bloodtrackers were out of stock last week so there may be a slight delay in getting them to you. I will send out a fifteen dollar money order for the bascoat and the cork as well.

Matt

*************************************************************************************
Sent September 12th,
Great. I'm glad you're willing to go for the GW prime spray, it doesn't pool, dries quickly and coats thoroughly. It's a bitch that it costs $15 a can, but you really do get what you pay for. Also- I just remembered that I'm going to be out of town the 24th and 25th, It shouldn't effect my schedule too much but may push me a day out.

Thomas

**************************************************************************************
Sent September 22nd,
Hey Thomas!

Nothing came in last Friday so I decided to wait and see if anything comes in this Friday. If nothing comes in I will ship the figs anyway and just ship out a second batch to you later. Apparently privateer press is unable to keep up with the demand right now.

Matt

************************************************************************************
Sent September 22nd,
Huh. That's really strange... Well, In any case, I've really been stepping up my painting game, and I'm excited to get to work on your models. Shipping Friday or Saturady will work wonderfully for me, because I'll be out of town all all weekend and that will put the package getting to me on Tue/Wed. Please don't forget to throw in 15 dollars (cash, money order, check, whatever makes you happy) so that I can get you some real primer. Once I get your package, I'm going to knock out the Bloodtrackers first. They're spindly little things, so I' hoping to take them out in a week or so of work. I keep pretty detailed notes on what colors and combinations of colors I use, so if they're sans a couple of members, I'll be able to reference that when the other members come in and get a consistent paint job.

Thomas

***************************************************************************************

Sent October 11th,
Sorry it took me so long to get figs in the mail. They went out Friday and should be there on Tuesday. Four of the figs did not get sent but I will send them when they get to my lgs. I may not have set all the books as I could not find the entire trade in our previous messages. Grad school has been kicking my butt the last few weeks.

Matt
Sent October 12th,
Hey Squig- I received your package and I think that we've had a bit of a miscommunication. It contained all of the discussed models, the 15 bucks for primer and my payment (Kapitan Badrukk and the Rogue Trader book). The problem is the Rogue Trader book. I assumed that you meant Rogue Trader the contemporary RPG, not Rogue Trader the original Warhammer 40k ruleset. I still would like to paint your models but understand that the Old Rogue Trader book is completely worthless to me. I'd be more than happy to ship it back with your completed models if you are willing to send me $60 worth of tradestuffs from whatever you may have laying around (just let me look through a list or something). In any case, I'll start working on the bloodtrackers. If we can't work something out, I'll finish up the 6 bloodtrackers, mail all of your models back (minus Kapitan Badrukk who I most certainly want) and we'll call it even.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Thomas

************************************************************************************
Sent October 15th,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Feel free to get started and I will send you a list of my other stuff later today. I think I am also supposed to send you another four blood trackers and I have been told they may come in this week or next.

Matt

Sent October 15th,
Yeah, It's cool. Honestly, I've been very busy this week and have only really gotten the blood trackers you sent me unbased and into the stripping solution I use. This weekend, I'll be finishing stripping them and probably paint the first full one. When I'm done with her, I'll send you pictures to make sure that you like the look and color scheme I'm using (would you like me to use greens like the reeves you showed me, or browns, like the studio bloodtrackers). Also, how do you want basing done, everybody standing on a little cork in the center of their base, or can I mix it up a little? Also- If I'm basing them on top of the cork, or just in general, are you OK with me cutting foot tabs? Some people freak out, but if you want models that are beautiful to play with and not a collector's item, it's sometimes necessary.

Thanks for being understanding about the Rogue Trader mixup, and don't worry it took you a bit to get back to me. I remember college and how nuts it gets around this time of the year all too well.

Thomas

****************************************************************************************
Sent October 17th,
Here is the current trade list:

Hordes:
Carnivean (painted)

Warhammer 40K:
Rogue Trader (HC)
Chaos Daemons (current ed.)
Orks (current ed.)

Warhammer Fantasy:
Army Books:
Dwarfs (current ed.)
Warriors of Chaos (current ed.)
Daemons of Chaos (current ed.)

War of the Ring:
1 Gandalf (unpainted)
2 Dwarf Ballista (Painted)

Flames Of War:
2 Russian T-34/85s NIB
Partisans and Polizei (NIB)
85mm obr 1939 gun Russian (NIB) Old packaging contains 2 guns
Cobra Book

Warhammer/40k:

Daemons:
1 Karanak (NIB)
1 Box Flamers (NIB)
1 Herald of Nurgle on Palenquin (New and way OOP)
1 Bloodthirster (built)
1 Bloodthirster (NIB)
1 Plague Bearers Command (NIB)
15 Horrors of Tzentch (Metal)
3 Flamers

40K:
Orks:
1 Ghazghkull Thraka (built)
1 Warboss (Unbuilt) (Metal)
1 Kaptin Badrukk (built)
3 Kommandos (metal) (unbuilt)
1 Kommando (metal) (Burna) (unbuilt)
1 Kommando (Metal) (Big Shoota) (unbuilt)
1 Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun (unbuilt)
1 Ork w/ Tankhammer (unbuilt)
4 Tank busttas + Nobz (metal) (unbuilt)
1 Ork Shok Attack Gun

Ork Barricades (NIB)

Boardgames:
Paranoia (opened)
Pentago (opened)
Mag Blast (opened)
The Original Bruce Lee Martial Arts Game (opened, played)

Role Playing Games:
Gurps: Conan (1989)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

If you have a desire to paint another six figs I got in a box of Tharn Blood weavers on Friday I would love to send as well. They will be very similar to the Bloodtrackers. They are small based as well. Go ahead and do whatever you need to do to the figs to get them painted to your standards. I am a player not a collector.

Thanks for painting the stuff!

Matt
Sent October 26th,
The last of the Blood Trackers came in today. I was wondering if you had had a chance to look over my list of stuff and pick some other stuff out so I can send them and the other stuff to you.

Matt

Sent November 1st,
Just curious if you had had a chance to decide on what else you would like from my list as well as if you would like to do another unit of six figs. I am not worried as much about getting figs back as I am about getting a quality paint job. Let me know.

Matt

***********************************************************************************
Sent November, 1st
Hey man- Sorry it has taken me so damn long to get back to you. I've had several work emergencies in the past few weeks and they've really destroyed the time I had intended to use to handle painting your stuff. Basically, I have the bloodtrackers stripped, rebased and primed. I'm working on the first one to get an idea of the color scheme I want to use (browns, mostly). As far as what I want to get for doing the Ravagers and the rest of this unit, I'll pm you later this evening. I just wanted to let you know that I indeed do exist and have not fallen off the face of the planet.

Sorry again for disappearing like that,
Thomas

Sent November, 8th
Just thought I would drop you a line and inquire how the fig painting is going and ask if you had decided what else you wanted off my list.

Thanks!

Matt

Sent November, 12th
Hey Squig- I'm still working on those bloodtrackers. I did the "test" model twice, and got a colorscheme that I was happy with (nearly the exact same one as the studio, I tried to integrate greens on the first one and wound up really unhappy with it). I re-stripped the test model and since then I have "assembly lined" the rest of the squad. They stand at about 75% completion right now, and I should have them 100% done after Sunday night. As soon as the squad is complete, I'll get pictures over to you.

As for payment, how about the metal Kommandos and Ghazkull?

Thomas

***********************************************************************************
Sent November, 21st
No problem on the Ork figs. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Been a heck of a couple of weeks in grad school. Shoot me a pict if you have them done and I will get the other figs ready to ship to you.

Matt

********************************************************************************

Sent November, 30th
Had not heard from ya in a while and was wondering what is up.

Matt

Sent December, 8th
Just wondering what is up with my stuff.

Matt

Sent December, 13th
I need to know what is going on with my stuff. If you are unable to do the work please just send back the figs, and my other stuff, and no harm done. I am not angry but at this point I am beginning to become a little worried about what is going on. Please respond to this and please just send back my stuff.

Matt
********************************************************************************
Supporting Information:

Delivery Confirmation Number:
0310 1230 0000 0944 5550

See October 12th PM from Thomas where he states he has received the package.

I have attempted to find an email address for Thomas Guillory and/or a phone number but have been unable to locate either. I have contacted several different previous trading partners of Thomas and have done several searches of Facebook, Myspace, and the white pages but I have not been able to discover someone I am certain is my Thomas Guillory. I also checked ULL.

Follow Through:

I have not reported this to his police department and I have not contacted the postal service as of yet. I have also not left bad feedback at this point in time. I am hoping that either he will see this and begin communication again or someone who has more experience finding bad traders may be able to point me in a direction or to a search engine that will allow me to discover contact information. This is the first bad trade I have had to deal with so the next steps are a little fuzzy for me.
Americansquig ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR: Bad at the Internet (Thomas Guillory)

Post by Americansquig »

Here is what I have tried recently:
Called his LGSs and asked if he is a regular at any of them. (They do not know his name at any of them. At my LGS the owners know most everyone by name)
Tried paying for the information to get a contact number (ripped off...sigh)
I have been contacting all of his past trading partners here to see if any of them have any information. (no one has more than me)
Tried using his IP address which I do not understand how to use/lookup.
Done a search on Facebook/Myspace using his email address. (no results)
Sent him an email. (I am hoping he will reply to this)
Unfortunately his name is common enough that I am uncertain exactly who he is but I suspect he is either Thomas Nathan or Thomas Paul. Both are of the gamer age and both live in the Lafayette area.
Any suggestions?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

It shows that he has not logged on since October 13th but I received a PM from him November 1st.
FYI, everyone, this appears to be a site-wide issue. Adam's been upgrading the software.
I can vouch that this part is no shenanigans on BatI's part.

@squig

I'm kind of tapped right now. I gave you everything I could via PM. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Americansquig ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Americansquig »

I just logged in and noticed this due to tapatalk. I never got sent here before. I do not want to rip anyone off. I shipped the items but apparently they did not arrive at all (and have since lost the information to prove shipping). I will repurchase what is missing and send them to you. I am not certain if the system sends out notifications for posts in this forum but my email account must be catching email from this site in a spam filter. All of that is not your fault it's mine and I'll ship you what your owed. You did a wonderful job painting and I apologize that the items did not get to you. I should have done a better job shipping them or retained the information so I could track them down but that is not your fault and I'm the experienced trader who knows better.

Please confirm your address and it will go out Monday.
I'm so sorry. This has been a bad year for me and some stuff just slipped my mind and you were a victim of my life over the last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Americansquig ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Americansquig »

Sigh. Misread the topic on that. Not about me.

Americansquig ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Americansquig »

Mods please erase as I am unable to.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”