Deadbeat/Backout JPMawet

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Deadbeat/Backout JPMawet

Post by dg3263827 »

JPMawet was offering some X-Wing and looking for some CSM or Daemons. I offered him some CSM and he offered me a deal, saying I should ship first due to my lower rating. Upon informing him that I had a higher rating, he told me that he was confused and had another deal going; however, if that deal fell through, the trade was mine. He then sent me a message asking if I was still willing to trade (which to me was an admittance of his first deal falling through. I said yes and had a followup question. He answered so I sent him my address for shipping. Then he disappeared until I threatened him with a DB/BO post. Apparently, I took "forever" (5 hours) to get back to him so he went elsewhere even though we had already worked out the deal and shipping, and purposefully ignored me hoping I "would get the hint". I'm not sure if a bad reference is in order, but I feel as though it would be justified.
Re: H: X-wing, Bolt action W: $ CSM/Daemons
Sent: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:53 pm
by dg3263827
Hey man, if you look at my most recent post I have a bunch of new CSM stuff I'm looking to trade or sell. I'm interested in your X-wing stuff
Subject: H: X-wing, Bolt action W: $ CSM/Daemons
JPMawet wrote:Im looking to get rid of a few extra hobbies I don't have time for anymore. Both lots stick together
USA ONLY!

H:
Bolt Action British army.
Some of the infantry is painted and such.. Complete competitive army
10 commandos
around 50 build infantry including snipers, HQ, ect (About half started painted primed tan)
around 20 new infantry on sprew
2x Medium Mortar Teams (Primed Tan)
1 Med Howitzer (Unpainted)
4 Bren Carriers (Painted Desert)
1 Cromwell (Painted)
1 Churchill (Painted)
1 Recce Stewart (No Paint)
1 Chaffee (No Paint)

X-Wing
Starter Set (everything)
Millennium Falcon
Slave 1
X-Wing
A-Wing
B-Wing
HWK-290 Light Freighter
Tie Bomber
Tie Fighter
Tie Interceptor

WANTS!
Unpainted (Unless you have a nicely painted Emperor Children or Word Bearer stuff)
Chaos Marines
Noise Marines
5 Spawn (OR spawn looking things)
2x MaulerFiendser
Possibly Other stuff as filler

Daemonettes (Well PAinted ok)
Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh
Possibly other stuff as filler
COOL LOOKING MC Daemons (Princes, Greaters ect. I collect them)

Any Kind of FW and 30k Word Bearers / Emperors Children
USA ONLY!
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:12 am
by JPMawet
Send me a link and I will
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 am
by JPMawet
1 NiB Land Raider: $56
1 NiB Chaos Space Marine Squad: $28
1 NiB Raptors/Warp Talons: $25
1 NiB Chaos Terminators: $38
1 NiB Defiler: $50

Starter Set (everything)
Millennium Falcon
Slave 1
X-Wing
A-Wing
B-Wing
HWK-290 Light Freighter
Tie Bomber
Tie Fighter
Tie Interceptor

Comes out to about the same... I have all the pieces and nothing is Brocken.. You would have to send first however since I do have more feedback and I have no pending issues. Tell me what you think.
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:25 am
by dg3263827
You may be mistaken about who should ship first ... your feedback is a 6, mine is a 12 and, as far as I am aware, I also do not have any issues.
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 am
by JPMawet
Lol woops, that's what I get for doing e-mails at midnight... I have had some other offers as well so I will think about it. I am good on the terms of me sending first if it works out. Sorry about that
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 pm
by JPMawet
So would you be willing to trade the chaos stuff for x-wing?
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:57 pm
by dg3263827
Do you have all the cards and stuff? Are they all complete and stuff?
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:07 pm
by JPMawet
Yes, used a few times but I didn't trade any of the cards or abilities.
Sent: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:01 pm
by dg3263827
Okay. Sounds good to me.

My shipping address is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 pm
by dg3263827
Is this a done deal? I've had a few offers on my CSM and would like to get back to them.
Sent: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:40 pm
by dg3263827
Could really use an answer soon. I've got the CSM on hold for you right now.
Sent: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 pm
by dg3263827
I'm giving you until tomorrow to get back to me. If I don't hear from you, the CSM are going elsewhere.
Sent: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 am
by dg3263827
I feel like you've mislead me in this ordeal, so unless I hear back from you, I'm going to post this to the Deadbeat/Backout forum.
Sent: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:43 am
by JPMawet
Mislead you? You took forever to respond to me over the weekend so I went elsewhere. I thought you would get the hint
Sent: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 am
by dg3263827
Forever?? It took me five hours. You told me that if your other deal fell through that you would trade with me, you asked me if I was still willing to trade (an admittance of the other deal falling through), and then disappeared and are now saying the deal is off. I will be posting this to the Deadbead/Backout forums to warn others.
Devin Gorski aka D. Gorski

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Deadbeat/Backout JPMawet

Post by Tryntius »

I don't see a confirmed deal at all. This deadbeat post seems entirely out of order.
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

I only ship in the CONUS.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Tryntius wrote:I don't see a confirmed deal at all. This deadbeat post seems entirely out of order.
My problem is that I am indeed seeing an IMPLIED deal (by JPMawet) but, as Tryntius said, not a 100% confirmed deal.
Frankly, I'm not sure which way I'm leaning on this.We will need to decide at what point an implied deal is good enough.

I dont like the fact that he said a 5 hour response time is "forever," though.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 »

Yes, there is no CONFIRMED deal, so he isn't technically a backout. There is definitely an IMPLIED deal though... not to mention it took him 3 days, 5 messages, and me mentioning posting to the "deadbeat/backout" forum for him to respond to me. He even admits that he was ignoring me! So if that doesn't make him a deadbeat, I don't know what does. All it would have taken was him to say "Sorry, I traded elsewhere" when I asked him if it was a done deal. Instead, I sat on my models for two extra days, passing up potential deals.
Devin Gorski aka D. Gorski

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.
JPMawet ( -2 )
BTown Regular

Post by JPMawet »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Tryntius wrote:I don't see a confirmed deal at all. This deadbeat post seems entirely out of order.
My problem is that I am indeed seeing an IMPLIED deal (by JPMawet) but, as Tryntius said, not a 100% confirmed deal.
Frankly, I'm not sure which way I'm leaning on this.We will need to decide at what point an implied deal is good enough.

Eric
Nothing was confirmed. I had about 10 people looking for the same stuff and he was waiting 5 hours between messages. Sorry but that doesn't work when I'm getting 20+ messages an hour.

At that point 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon is a long time. Implied is not a backout, I never confirmed anything.
Garlicson2 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Garlicson2 »

Understandable, but if you had that many offers, you could of gave the OP a heads up with a certain time limit, or simply tell him the deal was off when he gave you his address, instead of being rude and ignoring his PMs.

I'm not trying to insult you, but not taking the time to let your trading partner know you passed on his offer, and after the OP made nurmerous attempts to contact you is the reason why we're here. I also don't see this as a valid backout, you were a jerk by not responding (Again, no offense), but no deal was made. Still, let me give you a tip: In your future trades, stay in touch with the trader you're dealing with. Even if it's just to say "I'm no longer interested", or "No thanks" is better than not saying anything. Folks on here don't like it when traders read their PMs and don't bother to write back, and I'm sure you wouldn't like it if somebody did the same to you.

With that out of the way, I have to agree there was no deal made. The best thing the OP can do is not trade with JPMawet again and to (privately) warn his close trading partners when dealing with JPMawet.

Johnny
Couple of things to know when trading with me:

1. Lower rating ships/trades first (Me included), unless your ad states vice versa, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The price on my lot does NOT include shipping, unless my ad says otherwise.

3. I'm not good with shipping at the same time, so if our rating is the same, we should discuss who'll send first.

Other than that, I'm a easy going trader, so don't hesitate to make any offer, worst I can say is "No thanks".
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

JPMawet wrote:
MagickalMemories wrote:

Eric
Nothing was confirmed. I had about 10 people looking for the same stuff and he was waiting 5 hours between messages. Sorry but that doesn't work when I'm getting 20+ messages an hour.

At that point 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon is a long time. Implied is not a backout, I never confirmed anything.
Im pretty sure the mods could confirm if you were getting 20+ messages an hour. Not saying you weren't, but an exaggeration here would not be very good.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

We could.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

Seems like bad comms. Deadlines should have been given if there was a rush. Usually its first trader inline gets a fair shake, than move on. I wouldn't have been happy about this either.
I buy and trade minis, that's what I do.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”