Kings of War; anyone playing?

Talk about any non-GW Fantasy, Steampunk or similar miniature game here.

Moderator: Moderators

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Kings of War; anyone playing?

Post by starslayer »

I dont want to be a threadomancer, but im wondering about this game, and I didnt want to start a new thread while one already exists.

Is the game good? How complicated is it?

GW just makes me sick. $100 rulebooks, $50 army books, very expensive miniatures. I like some of Mantics figures, and one rulebook is great.

Any battle reports out there?
basaint ( 184 )
Resident Trader

Post by basaint »

I enjoy it. Been playing off n on for 2 years. Went to Adepticon and met some good guys who play in the Midwest. I am hoping to goto Gencon and hit up that tourney as well. With it not big on peoples radars, you can get great deals on minis/armies on here or Ebay. They are in the process of releasing more of the Kickstarter stuff so new minis are due any week now.
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

*Puts on his thredomancy hat*

I've been playing this for the last week. I'm thoroughly impressed with it's speed and ease of play. I wish they would be a little quicker on answering emails and sending out stuff they sale.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
megsdadlamarr ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by megsdadlamarr »

KoW has brought me back to the game table ( and BT )! I'm rebasing some GW models and buying Mantic. For the cost, the models are great but it's the system that won me over. 2k pt games in an hour and a half. I dare ya to try to get 3 WFB games in on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I'm hooked! I'm rebasing part of every GW army and like most of us, I have PLENTY left over!
"Beer is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin

"Vini Vidi Vamoose" We came, We saw, We ran away---- unknown Goblin
akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by akum »

BobMcCoy ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by BobMcCoy »

Best fantasy game around IMO. All of my GW stuff has been rebased and is being used for KoW. It's not something I see people at my FLGS playing regularly, but they all play occasionally. And the tournament circuit is insane. Loads of people showing up for tourneys. Mantic is an awesome company as well.

Return to “Swords, Sorcery and Steampunk”