Horus Heresy: The Betrayal

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Horus Heresy: The Betrayal

Post by jul »

can't hardly wait for the book to show up at home...

Is there anyone here embarking on the glory path of 30k?

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Re: Horus Heresy: The Betrayal

Post by eman1_2 »

Not until they do an Iron Warriors 30K list.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I guess the next book will be Istvaan IV pt.1 when the Raven Guard, Iron Hands, and Salamanders engage the traitors. Then the third book will be Istvaan IV pt.2 when the other betrayer legions land and attack the loyalists in the back. That's when you'll get your Iron Warriors.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

you're correct HarlequinZero.
FW is planning on 1 book per year, more if they can. but they still have to release campaign books for Warhammer et 40k. my guess is that we are going to see more Xenos oriented campaigns books for 40k.
For a Iron Warrior lists, the generic list of book 1 should allow you to get it quite close: boarding marines, land raiders, medusas and dread/termies...

As far as i know, all 18 legions will b done as well as Mechanicus armies and Custodes. they weren't sure for a proper Imperial Army list or if they were leaving them as allies (remember that imperial armies are led by marines at that time...)
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

I did not realize there was a generic list there. Have to check that out, then. Thought it was the main 4 legions, and that was it.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Book 1 presents generic list for all armies(beside SW and IH that have a different organization) prior to the Istvaan Campaign. Then it developps the 4 armies present at Istvaan 3 with specific units and characters.

so you should be able to do a iron Warriors army out of it

i'll tell you more when i receive my book...soon

J
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

Received my book, it's beautiful and worth every penny...

the army list goes from page 183 to 278..... that's close to 100 pages of units and equipments, that's twice the army list from the dex chaos.
Anyway, if you have any question, beside actual cost, i can answer them...

J
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Sure, I'll probably be buying it anyways, but how universal is the army list? Does it represent specific legions or general ones? (Most likely, I'd want to play night lords, dark angels, or luna wolves, if there are more specific answers there...)

Also, super-jealous. Been hinting about it, but don't think the wife has picked up the hints re: upcoming holidays.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

spiralingcadaver wrote:Sure, I'll probably be buying it anyways, but how universal is the army list? Does it represent specific legions or general ones? (Most likely, I'd want to play night lords, dark angels, or luna wolves, if there are more specific answers there...)
so the list is pretty general as it represents legion right before the heresy. so you have a list that can be used to represent any legion. the general list can also use one of the 4 rite of war that modify slightly the list
Then for the 4 legions describe in the book, you special tweak to the list with specific units.

first the FOC is different:FOC

Compulsory
1 HQ
2 Troops

Optional
2 HQ
4 Troops
4 Elites
3 Fast Attack
3 Heavy Support
1 Fortification
1 Lord of War (at 2000 points or more)
1 Allied Detachment (same as 6th edition)

so you do have an extra HQ and and extra elite choice from the normal FOC

HQ
Legion Praetor (Chapter Master)
it's one per 1000 pts, senior officer of the army (has his own warlord traits table and can select one of the 4 rite of wars but it's not mandatory:

the rites of battle are:

Orbital Assault
- You may take Drop Pods instead of Rhinos
- Terminators gain Deep Strike
- You must deploy via Deep Strike, any units that can't cannot be taken
- You cannot take a fortification

Armoured Spearhead
- Any units that can take a Rhino can take either a Land Raider Phobos, or a Land Raider Proteus
- Tank Shocks add an additional -1 Ld
- Units must deploy inside their dedicated transport
- Should all tanks be destroyed then the opponent gets an extra victory point (as per secondary objective)
- You may not take fortifications

Angel's Wrath
- Any model with a Jump Pack gains hit and run
- Any unit that can take a Rhino may take a Stormeagle
- Only units with Jump Infantry, Skimmer, Jetbike, or Infantry inside Skimmers or Flyers may be taken
- You may not take a Fortification

Pride of the Legion
- Terminators and Veterans are troops and must fill the compulsory troops selections
- Command Squad may take a Proteus or Phobos Land Raider
- Should all Veterans and Terminators be destroyed then the opponent gains a victory point
- You cannot take allies

Legion Centurion (Captain)
Which can also be upgraded to be a:
Chaplain
Master of Signal
Legion Champion
Vigilator
Librarian
Forge Lord
Primus Medicae
Siege Breaker
Moritat

Legion Command Squad

Elites
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Legion Destroyer Squad (
Legion Terminator Squad (can be either regular(including Tartaros and can sweeping advance) or Cataphractii, cannot sweeping advance bt 2+/4++)
Techmarine Covenant 1 to 3 Techmarines
Apothercarion Detachment 1 to 3 Apothecaries
Legion Dreadnought Talon 1 to 3 dreadnoughts
Contemptor Dreadnought Talon 1 to 3 Contemptors
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery 1 to 3 rapiers, different weapons options

Troops
Legion Tactical Squad 10-20
Legion Assault Squad 10-20
Legion Breacher Siege Squad 10-20 siege shield for everyone
Legion Tactical Support Squad 5-10, not compulsory
Legion Reconnaissance Squad 5-10 scout or power armour

Dedicated Transport
Legion Rhino
Legion Drop Pod only with the correct rite of war

Fast Attack
Legion Seeker Squad 5-10, nominate a enemy unit and try to kill it
Legion Outrider Squad 3-10
Legion Attack Bike Squadron 1-5
Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron 3-10
Legion Land Speeder Squadron 1-5
Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

Heavy Support
Legion Heavy Support Squad 5-10
Legion Predator Strike Armour Squadron 1-3
Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron (Phobos, Proteus, Achilles) 1-3
0-1 Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (Basilisk, Medusa, Whirlwind) 1-3
Legion Vindicator, only 1 per spot, saddly
Legion Spartan Assault Tank
Legion Caestus Assault Ram

Then you got the Lord of war, available 1 available over 2000 pts and cannot be worth more than 25% of the total point
Legion Fellblade
Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Legion Thunderhawk Gunship
Legion Thunderhawk Transporter
Legion Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer
Legion Malcador Assault Tank (battle cannon and lascannon turret variant only)

Also notes as Lord of War:
Imperial super heavy detachement (1-3 up to 3 structure points each)
a single titan
a single imperial super heavy flyer
a squadron of imperial flyer (1-3)
1-3 Ordo Reductor War engines
1 Primarch

The Ordo Reductor is an allies list (the first of many) than includes:
1 Magos
Mechanicum Thallax Cohort
Mechanicum Land Raider
Imperial Avanger Strike Fighter
Warhound Scout titan
Reaver Battle Titan

And then you the rules for the 4 specific legions, each have specific army wide rules and some additional units as well as special equipments, some characters can also change the FOC
Sons of Horus:
-Horus
-Justaerin Terminator
-Dreadclaw droppod
-Abaddon
-Loken

World Eaters
-Centurion Shaban Darr
-Rampager Squads
-Angron

Emperor's Children:
-Palatines Blades
-Fulgrim
-Ancient Rylanor
-Saul Tarvitz

Deathguard:
-Deathshroud termies
-Mortarion
-Section Leader Cryos Morturg
-Marshall Durak Rask

So you can use the generic list to represent any legion you want by picking the right units and the matching rite of war
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Also, super-jealous. Been hinting about it, but don't think the wife has picked up the hints re: upcoming holidays.
i do the same thing with the models wanted to fit the army list....

all in all, it's the moast achieved GW publication in years, i'm expecting the reading to ba as good as the 2 realms of chaos books

J
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Wow, thanks for the super-detailed list!

Sounds pretty amazing, minus the somewhat conspicuous absence of Typhon(? the captain who becomes Typhus... he was my favorite special character for a while)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

The variant legion lists aren't super different from each other. I mean, that's not hard to understand because they haven't really tread too far down the path to Chaos yet, but it could be disappointing for some who are expecting to see noise marines and plague marines in these Forgeworld books. The legions haven't quite devolved that much. I really do like the fact that they've introduced characters for both sides of the legions. Both the traitors and those marines who remained loyal so you can field armies for either side. I realize it's before the book's scope, but I think it would have been cool if Forgeworld had produced Luna Wolves shoulder pads.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

these book is pre-heresy. and Istvaan 3 assault.
i think there will be a lot of changes within the army lists along the publication of the books. The Word Bearers for exemple will be slightly different pre-Itsvaan and at Calth. that will also allow FW to update lists all along.
one thing to remember, it's those books will be campaigns driven.
As for Characters, they will be added all along, but there's a strong will also to create FW only characters and not use all the ones from BL.
the first plague marines appeared on the Eisenstein and were all killed. The first real noise marines appeared during the Maraviglia which differ from the enhanced fabius bile marines

J
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

jul, you are evil making me want to play 40k (30k?) again!
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”