pricing old MTG cards

An area to talk about CCGs, Board Games, Dice.. anything NON Miniatures or RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

xcom ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

pricing old MTG cards

Post by xcom »

Anyone know of a decent place to determine the value (if any at all) of old MTG cards? A friend of mine has a still wrapped in plastic box of 3rd edition MTG boosters and he's looking to sell them. I see boxes of them on Ebay for about $1000. Just wanted to know if that was about what it's worth, or if someone is just price gouging it on ebay. Even though Ebay might be the easiest place to sell it, but he would rather not sell it there because of the ebay and paypal fees he would end up payiong on it. Or even better, if someone knows of a place online that will buy them. We found one local place that would buy it for $900 but they would only give him store credit for it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: pricing old MTG cards

Post by MagickalMemories »

Look at ebay, but don't use the asking prices. Look at "completed auctions." This will give you a list of what people ACTUALLY received for their stuff.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jaromirjagr ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Re: pricing old MTG cards

Post by jaromirjagr »

here:
http://magictraders.com

they have a price guide based on ebay ended auctions and other magic sights.Im a regular there.Ask a moderator or a pro in your area.Maybe a motl member in your area.Id do it if I lived in your area.

Return to “Card, Board, and all other gaming”