GK Librarian Models

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

craasher ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

GK Librarian Models

Post by craasher »

I'm trying to come up with some alternate model options for a Librarian in Terminator Armor mainly because I dont like the Finecast one. I dont like his pose and I'm not a big fan of the bare faces on Marine guys either. Some models can pull it off because they look mean enough. The Finecast one looks like an old man telling the kids to get off his lawn. I wish he looked more like the Terminator Chaplain because I like that model a lot. I'm going to have this guy painted professionally mainly as a display piece and hopefully a conversation piece to get my 6 year old interested enough that I can convince him to play someday. I figure if I can't find anyone near me to play Warhammer with I could breed one and raise him to like it. That said I'm looking for something that would look great painted up with some good detail.

I do kind of like the one Space Hulk one but I'm not paying $30 for it which is the cheapest I have seen. I mean I'm not opposed to paying for a really nice model I just dont think he is worth $30.00. I do really like the Forge World Sevrin Loth Librarian and would only have to do something about the Red Scorpion logo but he isn't in Terminator armor.

A couple of other things that aren't deal breakers but I do really like axes. In a GK army I could give him and axe and argue that is either his style of Force Sword or its a halberd depending on how he might be fielded that day. I'm not opposed to kitbashing one either I'm just not as familiar with what comes in any of the kits now days. Also not really opposed to paying someone to do some green stuff sculpting either. I mean I have 2-3 years to get this guy finished before I think my son will be ready to play. Let your minds run wild and help me come up with something awesome, and do it for the kids!
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Re: GK Librarian Models

Post by EVIL INC »

Find a dwarf player, they have nice looking axes. Could even get 2 of the hand axes and use them as the dual force falchions. Could be interesting...
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
spacewolfbill ( 120 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by spacewolfbill »

One model with an awesome axe is the techmarine. its huge , all you would have to do is file off the gog symbol. as for the model itself use a GK termie body , use alot of the GK small bits, like scrolls and books whatnot.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Does it have to be a GW Axe?
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
craasher ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by craasher »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I dont think it has to be a GW axe as I dont ever see myself playing in a tournament or GW store. Heck it doesn't even have to be a GW model I just dont know enough about whats out there to come up with options. The only thing I really care about is that it looks cool and looks cooler painted. Actually goes along with the GW fluff for librarians, and since you can't field one without Termie armor that his armor is big enough to be called Termie armor. Oh and that he actually might fit with a GK army

The only GK's I have right now are the old Metal ones and I'm about to send them to gardeninja for painting. I dont know what kind of bits and stuff are in the new boxes to be able to stick on another model to make him look like he belongs. I dont want him to think he is an outcast and I want the other GK's will let him play in their Demonslaying games.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

Is this thread too old to comment on? I thought I would make two suggestions:

Plastic Space Hulk/Tyranid Attack Librarian

... and ...

Rogue Trader-era Terminator Librarian

Both fully enclosed Aegis Suits, and you can probably get them for way less than $30 if you know where to look. In particular the plastic Space Hulk model has a really beefy force axe!

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”