Skylander Adventures....

An area to talk about CCGs, Board Games, Dice.. anything NON Miniatures or RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Skylander Adventures....

Post by jul »

So my son got into that, it's fine i don't mind but finding the characters is more difficult than a mk1 land raider on sprue...
anyone knows where i can find a decent selection of characters?

J
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Skylander Adventures....

Post by MagickalMemories »

I saw some at the Mall a month or so ago. It was one of the video game stores (Gamestop or the like).

Also:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

These were terribly underproduced and very hard to find. Supposedly stores are getting restocked in April. I know my local Target got restocked earlier this week. They are already sold out.
Camlost ( 300 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Camlost »

~~~I'm curious about getting thsi game for my kids...and a little for myself...but wondering how the multiplayer works. Do I need to get a separate Portal for each player?
The Man: You have to keep carrying the fire.
The Boy: What fire?
The Man: The fire inside you.

~From The Road
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Nope, 2 players only, and they can share the same portal.

As for finding the figures, you just have to check the stores periodically. When we head to Target, I'll be sure to check their stock, and the last 2 trips found a couple of the latest release figures we were looking for.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

You might ask Porkuslime about this, too. I know he... err... HIS DAUGHTER... plays with these.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jl4e23 ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by jl4e23 »

2 players on the portal only. Last month is was able to fin Ignitor and Steath Elf so they are probably pushing out a few more figures before the release of The Giants this fall.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Supposedly everything that is scheduled for release on the initial releases is out there. I've managed to find almost everything (missing 2, i think).
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Same here. My...kids...have all except Whamshell, Ignitor and Warnado.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

We're just missing Whamshell now. Ended up getting multiples of some because we bought them in 1 packs, but found them again in a 3 pack with something else we were missing.
rexexile ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by rexexile »

I got addicted to this game when I bought it for myself. Initially I got the first game with the 3 basic skylanders, and from then I had to have more. 2 games, and over 100 figures/worlds/equipment later I still have so much fun playing it. It's a real cartoony hack and slash game, but your character levels up, and you can upgrade him throughout your quest. It's a great game for parents and kids to play together. I highly recommend it. Also, I have an extra Series 1 Ignitor if anyone is looking for one.
In Soviet Russia...
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

So I am thinking about getting this for my kids, should i get it for the wii or 360, or does it matter also is the giants version better or original. Do you all think a 5yr old could handle it. Old school Super mario brothers on the wii is a little bit tricky for him. Thanks
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

One year after, the game is still great, my son enjoys it to the point my wife is currently trying to find a Wii U with skylander giants...

If you have the choice on Wii, get the wired portal. Our first one died due to poor quality of the receiver

Also be careful with thecharactes as some of the recently released works only with the Giant game.
J.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947

Return to “Card, Board, and all other gaming”