exodusofman/taniths only/direavenger (and more) -Josh Aikens

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

exodusofman/taniths only/direavenger (and more) -Josh Aikens

Post by porkuslime »

"exodusofman" and "Taniths Only"are all User names that have been associated with Josh Aikens in Canada. We can now add "direavenger" to this list.

exodusofman - email - horusheresy@hotmail.com. Account started on Tue Dec 08, 2009, last visited BT on Thu May 06, 2010.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=108979

Taniths Only - email - theoneex@live.ca. Account started on Sat Apr 17, 2010, last visited BT on Mon Jun 21, 2010.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=113318

the Address info that was associated with these accounts..(and has changed at this point.. )
Josh Aikens
2170 Sherobbe Rd. apt 1507
Mississauga, Ontario
l5a 3p8
Canada

Current address seems to be..
Josh Aikens
2 Attmar Drive
Brampton Ontario
L6P 2R4
Canada

direavenger - email is direavenger@hotmail.ca, paypal account is the same as the email for exodusofman
account started - Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 pm, Last active here Tuesday, April 12th, 2011.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=132907
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=135088

Be wary of this person!

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: exodusofman/taniths only - Josh Aikens - Multiaccounter

Post by MagickalMemories »

Additionally, it should be noted that Josh had BTR's filed on him under BOTH User ID's:

exodusofman:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=108979

taniths only:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=113318

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

How can people file/communicate/resolve btr's if this user is banned?

Hope thats not Off topic
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

The guy had two accounts, and both had BTRs against them. One BTR was "somewhat" resolved and not to the traders satisfaction, and that took months. Other guy was PM'd about this beforehand, and we actually waited on his feedback. We can't just let the guy keep going on here, and hope he doesn't scam someone else while we wait for his BTRs to be resolved.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Gaijin18 wrote:How can people file/communicate/resolve btr's if this user is banned?

Hope thats not Off topic
Probably would have been better asked via PM, but others CAN benefit from the response, so not really OT enough to worry about.

Resolving it is the hardest part. There's no guarantee of resolution before OR after the banning.

Filing does not change. You post the BTR as you would if he was still a member, provided the trade began prior to his banning. If he was banned and someone started a trade afterwards... it's not a Bartertown trade, since the trade did not "go through" the site.

Communicating with him? You can PM an Admin or Mod to get the email address, and hope that he responds (which is not that much different than if you PMed him).

Hope that helps.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Joebungaloe ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Post by Joebungaloe »

As the second party that posted the BTR for Taniths Only, I know that I would rather he be banned sooner rather than later. I still haven't resolved the issue, but that's because Canadian's won't extradite for such a small amount :shrug:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Joebungaloe wrote:As the second party that posted the BTR for Taniths Only, I know that I would rather he be banned sooner rather than later. I still haven't resolved the issue, but that's because Canadian's won't extradite for such a small amount :shrug:
Why didn't you ever leave him a negative reference?

Eric

joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

Is this person banned?

Because I am pretty sure I just read a post, I can't remember which one,

But it was replying to a H/W list with a messaged that said PM'd

Pretty sure the name was

taniths_only.

If it was not taniths only it was something really close it to it.

When I first noticed the name I thought that name looks familiar, like one that was in the hall of shame. So I came here to check the name and sure enough it was here.

Just a heads up sorry if I end up wasting time I will post back again if I can find where I saw the name.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

I just checked, he is banned. You must have seen tanith_ghost, who is not associated with the above individual.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

Ok cool
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: exodusofman/taniths only/direavenger - Josh Aikens

Post by porkuslime »

Josh Aikens came back under the nic of "direavenger". Initial post has been updated.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
dacs2684 ( 76 )
BTown Regular

Post by dacs2684 »

Ya sent him my tomb guard command and he claimed that the skulltaker he sent me kept getting sent back to him and the postal system has been weird so he said he would pay for it, still awaiting my money. Should I post a btr or keep waiting? Wish I would have seen this before I traded lol
Lower rating ships first.
I always use USPS First class shipping with delivery confirmation and respectfully ask the other trader involved does the same.
I'm pretty easy going so if something comes up, let me know and we can work out the situation.
So with that being said....let's barter!
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Posting a BTR is best, so the admins and mods can have as much information as possible.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Absolutely.
This thread is informative only. It is not the place to make accusations.
Please, post a BTR on him. That is the only way you are allowed to make such claims.

Thanks.

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'd like to let everyone know that you should PM me if Josh Aikens owes you something.

Our very own oaflord managed to contact him, and it looks like he's willing to make good on his debts, rather than have the police called on him. He's made good one one trade, already. I will handle the contacts with him.

So, if he owes you something, PM me here on Bartertown, and we'll go from there.

Eric

Return to “The Hall of Shame”