DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

Post by porkuslime »

Hate to tell you that petitioning to get a Bad Trade reference removed is a slim chance. Of the various things on Btown, it is one of the harder things to do.

Speaking personally, (and YES, I know I have a rating of Huge), I have 1 Bad Ref that I want removed, and 1 Neutral from a year ago. The Bad ref was a mistake by the user (clicked the wrong tab).. and even THEN removing it is on the back burner.

About the only way to mitigate the Negative is to follow thru on the trade, and get a Good reference that refers to the Bad one as resolved.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Pork has the right of it.
You can TRY to have Linrandir remove it but the general rule is that, once a ref is INTENTIONALLY left, it remains.

@Dad
Btw, i dont know how to post up emails, because i have such where i have sent to Alex. How would i do so on the boards. Cause i will post up the emails i had sent him.
Copy & paste the Headers (subject line, to & from lines, etc.) & the email body into a post in this thread. You may be asked to forward the original email to a Moderator or Admin after it is posted.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

DrunkenIrishDad wrote:No there will be no problem what so ever posting them by Monday the second. So you should have them by the 7th or 8th. When is the tournie? Cause i can poss get it out earlier.
Do not assume that the package will get to the UK from the USA in that amount of time.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

Post by DrunkenIrishDad »

porkuslime wrote:Hate to tell you that petitioning to get a Bad Trade reference removed is a slim chance. Of the various things on Btown, it is one of the harder things to do.

Speaking personally, (and YES, I know I have a rating of Huge), I have 1 Bad Ref that I want removed, and 1 Neutral from a year ago. The Bad ref was a mistake by the user (clicked the wrong tab).. and even THEN removing it is on the back burner.

About the only way to mitigate the Negative is to follow thru on the trade, and get a Good reference that refers to the Bad one as resolved.
okay...that clears that up. Thank you.
alarmingrick ( 24 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by alarmingrick »

i just received a package today from the UK. 4 days ladies and gents, 4 days. i was floored on how fast it made it here.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

That's pretty good. Any idea what company and which service of theirs was used?
alarmingrick ( 24 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by alarmingrick »

it has a big A at the top of the label.
and says Royal Mail below that. it was
mailed from Northhampton, UK.
hope that helps.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

A= airmail..and royal mail is the normal post office...
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

Post by DrunkenIrishDad »

Just to give everyone a update, alex did recieve the package but was charged saying it was merchandise. Idk, but i am waiting for the ogres right now.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

The charges i had to pay where more than the shipping would be to send the orgres. I had to used the money i was going to use to post the ogres to pay for them and then some. I will post them as soon as i get money to spare amongst lifes other essentials.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

FYI, for both of you:

When you are sending minis internationally, label them as "TOYS"!

General "Merchandise" will carry customs duty charges, because it looks commercial.

If you properly label them as "Toys", usually, there won't be any duty (they're not supposed to charge for toys).
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

if they're not NIB, you can lable them USEd toys.. because, they're not new.
now, if they're still in a sealed/wrapped box..just unwrap the package.. it's not new.. but still not used.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Skuttlespike wrote:The charges i had to pay where more than the shipping would be to send the orgres. I had to used the money i was going to use to post the ogres to pay for them and then some. I will post them as soon as i get money to spare amongst lifes other essentials.
Skuttlespike, did you ever send him his portion of the trade?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gammer ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Ar

Post by gammer »

Skuttlespike wrote:The charges i had to pay where more than the shipping would be to send the orgres. I had to used the money i was going to use to post the ogres to pay for them and then some. I will post them as soon as i get money to spare amongst lifes other essentials.

or you could have had them sent back and told him to send them in a way that wouldn't have cost you so much. but either way you aut to get you're end of the deal to him. last time i checked mail fraud is a fellony.
Chris Sauer
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Ar

Post by CMSheats »

Wow, I can't believe that this has gone on for 5 pages.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”