DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

Post by Skuttlespike »

Why is his account not banned? He claimed to have sent me goods that never arrived and now that he is trying to trade them again suggests he has them back. If he has them back that means he never sent them at all and was trying to con me or the mail service returned them. Either way he never messaged me and i wasted money on a trade that he never followed through with. So even if i did cancel the trade it seems like it was still an attempt to con.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Because we have no proof of wrong doing.
At best, we have proof of him having poor trade etiquette.

Apparently, you were shipping first in this deal.

He agreed to send after you sent a copy of the receipt (or whatever). He might have been lying about that. It might have been his intent to hold the items until he got your stuff, because he was a fraid YOU might try to scam him.

Guess what... He never got his stuff because the box was returned to you. Regardless of you staying in contact, do you see how someone could see THAT as suspicious?
"Oh, yeah... I sent them to you, but they got returned to my by the post office."
We see that here all the time.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm taking you at your word that it was a mistake, and that you'd have shipped them again, if he'd actually sent him models. I believe you.

The point is that there is no proof that you were NOT attempting to scam him, and there is no proof that he was attempting to scam you.
That's all there is to it. I can't ban a guy because he LIED.
Well... I can...
I can ban him because today's Wednesday...
...but I WOULDN'T.

The best I can do is say that I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to deal with him require him to ship first.
Also, if he posts on the site, I can reply to it with a link to this thread, asking him to come rectify this situation and provide some perspective from his point of view.

You're out money because of an error you made. Fortunately that error was one that caused your stuff to get returned to you.
What would have happened if he actually received that package from you is unknown.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

It would be nice if he could at least explain himself. I gave the proof with the tracking code which the UPS website. The customs form behind the receipt also says what is in the page although a bit faint. We agreed that he would ship as soon as he saw the receipt as previously mentioned. So if he did wait for the models i was sending he could have easily have just said no and he would rather i shipped first.

It's just that if he's done this to me, the lying, ignoring and such then he could easily do it to someone else. It would just be such a pity that it took a second person to be in my situation and it being more serious for us to learn. I know i was very lucky and got of lightly but the next person might not. He has been on this forum earlier today so I'm also wondering why he is not inputting to this thread. It does seem that he has something to hide.

There is also the strange issue of his lack of response before the package got returned to me. But i don't know. Sometimes the silence says it all. Also thanks for the update Crovan. I was still naively hoping that i would come home one day and they would have arrived.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Don't be mistaken by my last post. I agree with your synopsis of the situation 100%.

Just because I can't ban him for this doesn't mean he isn't on my "watch" list.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

Yes, sorry. I'm just a little cut up and annoyed with all the messing around and disruption he caused in my money and 40k plans . Was just hoping for a little more direct action but i guess rules are rules. Hopefully the next person he trades with has a bit more luck and I'll have to find these models elsewhere. Anyway thanks for your help and being understanding.
Adunaphel ( 810 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Adunaphel »

I think your negative reference should put a hurt in his ability to take advantage of people. With a -8 trade rating, NOBODY should send first to this guy and if he even wants to make a try of it here he will have to do some seriously GOOD trades just to get even.

I personally think that anybody with a negative trade rating is pretty much a pariah here. He will have a tough time finding trade partners who are willing to work with him at all.

We'll see. That -8 will stand out like a sore thumb in all of his posts.

I AM amazed that traders in the bad trader forum don't at least state their case. I know some are thieves (like the_trader), but in some of these cases, the traders with BTR's could really help themselves out if they just "man up".

Karl
My Bartertown References.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

That is some serious Gospel, right there.

The man knows what he's saying.

Eric

...and Skuttle?
No apologies necessary. I was just explaining my thought process.

DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

Post by DrunkenIrishDad »

Hey everyone;
I just wanted to get my two cents b4 I get black listed from Barter town.
The last couple of months have been busy for me, I moved and such and I lost the receipt. So I haven’t had my computer as well. I don’t want to make excuses but I was very busy with my work and over such things. I acted poorly and I apologized to Alex several times. I got my models back as well. On the note of trading the models I was under assumption that the trade would be null/void. There was no attempt to con anyone out of anything. Jeramakus can back up for that. I have done trades with him in real life. If the necessary be that I must reimburse (I think I spelled that right) Alex of his shipping fee when he originally sent I will do so.
But my also screw up was that I had the higher rating than Alex at the time; and b-town rules state that the person with the lower rating must ship first, which he had at the time. But I went based off of his eBay rating. Which jeramakus corrected me on such. But the email was sent saying that the trade was off. AND I HAD SHIPPED IT, but as I explained to Alex, the receipt was lost. I had a different account which I lost the name to that I had the same exact problem but I had already sent the items. But the guy's house burnt down, so I gave him some time. This is not to excuse myself from my irresponsibility. But it was returned to my former address, which I found out about it Monday or Tuesday, I don’t remember.
But I would hope this kind of backs me up. I still have all of the emails I sent out to Alex. But If Alex would like to still trade for the bikes, I will. But still I am fault. I don’t believe this should ban me from barter town. This was a bad idea for both parties.
But this is not my decision at all.
Brian.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Brian, you're a little unclear in your post. You're kind of all over the place.

First, to clear up a misconception (not just your own):

Bartertown has NO rules on who ships when. "Lower rating ships first" is something that has developed as a common practice over the years. The lower rated trader is NOT required to ship first.

Now...
I acted poorly and I apologized to Alex several times.
When? he says he never heard from you.
On the note of trading the models I was under assumption that the trade would be null/void.
Because?....
If the necessary be that I must reimburse (I think I spelled that right) Alex of his shipping fee when he originally sent I will do so.
Bartertown does not require that. If you choose to, that is your business.
b-town rules state that the person with the lower rating must ship first
Covered above.
I had a different account which I lost the name to that I had the same exact problem but I had already sent the items.
Wh..wh..wh..wha.. What?
A different account? "Lost" the name?
How do you "Lose" the name of a BTown account. How do you not remember it?
What email did you use at the time?
Multiple accounts is a SERIOUSLY bad thing here.
But still I am fault.
It's good that you acknowledge this.
I don’t believe this should ban me from barter town.
That subject has been answered in an earlier post to this thread.

Eric

DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

I had a different account which I lost the name to that I had the same exact problem but I had already sent the items.
Wh..wh..wh..wha.. What?

Eric[/quote]

@ Eric: This was like 3 to 4 years ago where i had an account. So i just assumed that i make a new one due to my lack of remembering stuff. At one point last week, Alex had sent me an email detailing that i would get negative feedback due to my lack of responding on the area of the tracking code. While i was in the move, i sent emails to him to update him. But if i am to get -8 feedback for being accused of being a con. I dont see that as correct. Btw, i dont know how to post up emails, because i have such where i have sent to Alex. How would i do so on the boards. Cause i will post up the emails i had sent him.
DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

Wh..wh..wh..wha.. What?

Eric[/quote]

@ Eric: This was like 3 to 4 years ago where i had an account. So i just assumed that i make a new one due to my lack of remembering stuff. At one point last week, Alex had sent me an email detailing that i would get negative feedback due to my lack of responding on the area of the tracking code. While i was in the move, i sent emails to him to update him. But if i am to get -8 feedback for being accused of being a con. I dont see that as correct. Btw, i dont know how to post up emails, because i have such where i have sent to Alex. How would i do so on the boards. Cause i will post up the emails i had sent him.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

The thing that i still don't understand is why was the package returned back to you?

I'm willing to give you another chance. The models you wanted are all wrapped up and waiting at home. I think we can sort this mess out fairly easily with a little bit of communication. Just this time look after the receipt and try keep the communication up. A reply every 2 or 3 days at least would be useful. Do you think you would be able to do that now or are you still going to be busy for the next few weeks? I've missed the chance to use them on Saturday but there is a tournament coming up in a month or so that I'd like to use some of them at so again some haste would be appreciated.
DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

No there will be no problem what so ever posting them by Monday the second. So you should have them by the 7th or 8th. When is the tournie? Cause i can poss get it out earlier.
DrunkenIrishDad ( -5 )
New Trader

DrunkenIrishDad wrote:No there will be no problem what so ever posting them by Monday the second. So you should have them by the 7th or 8th. When is the tournie? Cause i can poss get it out earlier.
I we do fix this trade, can the negative feedback be taken away, i mean the -8 feedback.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

If everything works out I'm happy for it to be removed but it's up to the admins. I would still put in next feedback for the trade that you were a bit slow to reply, just for any future traders.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”