DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

Post by Skuttlespike »

I don't know if I've waited enough time to be posting here but i am getting very annoyed. I did a deal with DrunkenIrishDad trading my Orge Kingdoms for Some White Scars themed Space Marines. I sent my part of the deal 2 weeks ago and should have arrived around last Thursday. He stopped stopped responding to any mail i sent him around the tuesday. I have not had a single reply since then even though he has been on this forum on the Wednesday. His end of the deal has still not arrived 2 weeks later. I live in the UK so i don't mind the lateness but he did not give me a tracking number and as i said has stopped replying to me completely. Our mail transactions:
Re: Want Space Marine Bikes and Land Speeders

Sent at: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 pm
by Skuttlespike
Your ogres should arrive anywhere between today and Thursday if the post services are to be trusted. Let me know when they arrive.

Sent at: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm
by Skuttlespike
I sent an email to briandawookie@yahoo.com saying i had sent it with a picture of the receipt. Was starting to get worried as you hadn't reaplied in over 24 hours after i sent that email.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
Posting today. What about you?

Sent at: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:50 pm
by Skuttlespike
Did you manage to post the models yesterday?

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:01 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
the bottle is will be enough.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm
by Skuttlespike
My address is:

My Address

Is there going to be enough stripper to use on all of the models by the way? Because I'm not sure i can get Simple Green over here.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
Complete shame....But yeah i will try and send it out tommorow...i amleaving for work right now. but tennant great actor,, great doctor. Ill send it out tommrow i think it about 5 business days as well.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:43 pm
by Skuttlespike
Ok thank you. Any idea how long UPS will take? If you could get it away tomorrow it'd be much appreciated. I'll be going down the post office about mid afternoon tomorrow. I will be using Royal Mail but I'm not sure who they hand it over to when it crosses the ocean but i think it took about 5 working days last time i sent something to America. And yes it is a great shame about David but hopefully the new one will be good.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:47 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
Yea that works..when u send it out send me the info, and i will do the same. i am going to be working nights for the next 2days, so if i cannot send it by tommorow, then at latest thursday morn. i work 5pm-7am at a hospital. I am really sad that tennant is leaving. :( He was the doctor for me over here. The guy b4 him, barely saw him. but i started on tennant and ben hooked since. I send it by ups here. The ups store is right down the street from me and plus i have the bikes already to be packaged.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 pm
by Skuttlespike
The new doctor is the youngest doctor ever. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/mu ... 15574c.jpg that is a picture of him and i'm not sure how good he'll, be but then again tennant was a great doctor so it will be hard to replace him no matter who tried.

I shall post the Ogres tomorrow. I think all the detail i need is there. Also i know the person with the higher rating is meant to wait till the items from the other person arrives but i really don't want to wait a week for it them to get to you and then wait another week for for the items you post to get to me. I have 1 successful trade on this site and an ebay rating of 410 so is there some kind of compromise we can come to? Maybe if i scanned in the receipt i get from the post office.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
Hey also, i know ur in the uk, but i havent heard....who is the next doctor? I hope i dont offend you when i ask that. I apologize if i do. but big fan; i need to know.
Thx again
Brian

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
Hey also, i know ur in the uk, but i havent heard....who is the next doctor? I hope i dont offend you when i ask that. I apologize if i do. but big fan; i need to know.
Thx again
Brian

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
Yes that is a deal. Part of B-town rules is the person with the lowest rating ships first. So if u want, when the package reachs stateside, i will send out my part of the trade as well.
But in the mean time; here is my address
Brian Schmidt
His Address
I dont know if u need anything else but that is my address over here. If u need any more info please dont hesistat to contact me. I always check my pm and email.
Thanks for trading.
Brian

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:30 am
by Skuttlespike
There is also a can of Ogre Flesh spray paint that you can have. So do we have a deal then?

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
It is all plastic glued together. No super glue. I attempted to strip the primer but i lost my patience, so i will supply u with the simple green i was using to strip these models. also. I will send the pics tommrow around 2pm my time of the Land Speeders.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 am
by Skuttlespike
Pictures have been sent. Do you have any idea how easy it would be to take the bikes apart? or are they super glued very strongly in place?

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
I am actually in the states. New York to be exact. I will definately still be interested in the trade.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:06 am
by Skuttlespike
I am in the UK where are you? I'll take the pictures now and I'll send them over when they are done.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:56 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
Could u send pics of the ogres to briandawookie@yahoo.com.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:53 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
All pieces are there. i am at work right now, i will send pics of landspeeders. but all arms and such are there. I will also have extra weaponary for you as well. Multi-meltas and HB, ill even include extra special weapons too. but i should be able to send out the pics about 5am my time tommrow. are you in the states?

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 am
by Skuttlespike
I would be interested in trading the ogres depending on the answers to my questions in the last PM.

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 am
by Skuttlespike
I'm not sure really. In the pictures it seems some of the bikes are missing bases and a few are missing arms. Are all the bikes complete or are there pieces actually missing? Also there were no pictures of the land speeders do you have any of them?

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
i saw in WHFB forums; that you have a ogre army. i was looking to start them. If u are interested, to get rid of them i will take them off ur hands. If u are still interested int he bikes.
Thx Brian

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
What are you looking to pay as at most, cause i need to get rid of them i have no use for them. I was going to pay for shipping. PLz let mek now. We can work something out.
Thx Brian

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:41 pm
by Skuttlespike
Sorry but the models aren't in the kind of condition i was hoping for and plus after postage they aren't far of the price i would be able to get them for new. So think I'm going to have to pass on this deal in the current state but thank you anyway.

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
just sent the pic...from briandawookie@yahoo.com
Let me know

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:42 pm
by Skuttlespike
Sounds like just what i am after. Would you be able to send the pictures to alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:14 pm
by DrunkenIrishDad
1x White Scars Commander (NoS)
1x Custom Chaplain
1x Apothecary

3x attack bikes with Multimeltas
4x Marine bikers w/ Meltaguns
2x Marine bikers with plasmaguns
2x Marine bikers with power fists (serg)
1x Marine bikers with power weapon (serg)
12 Marine bikers with various arms/weapons

3x Landspeeder with Assault cannon and Heavy Bolter
2x Landspeeder with missile launchers and heavy bolter
1x Landspeeder with missile launchers and Multi Melta

Most of this stuff is primed and easily stripped. IM looking for about $200 for this. No paint is on them at all expect for a few things. I will send any bits at all that i have. If u can shoot me an email i can send u pics.

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 pm
by Skuttlespike
Would i be able to have a list of what you have exactly, what condition they are in and how much you would want for them?

* Quote DrunkenIrishDad

Sent at: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 am
by DrunkenIrishDad
Subject: Want Space Marine Bikes and Land Speeders

Skuttlespike wrote:I am looking for any number of:

Space Marine Bikes
Space Marine Scout Bikes
Space Marine Land Speeders

They must be complete and unpainted. I will accept assembled as long as the other 2 criterias are met. Please PM me with any offers and I am also willing to trade for Ogre Kingdom units.

I have a white scar army that i just acquired...If u are interested i can shoot you an email.
I can send u a list as well if u would be interested...some are primed...just the bikes....and i have 7 landspeeders. I always check my pms. so if ur interested; let me know. ill let it go for cheap or for trade. let me know
Thx Brian.

There is also a string of emails to him:

RE: B-Town White scar photos‏
Sent: 20 January 2009 10:01:25
To: briandawookie@yahoo.com

I havn't heard anything from you in over a week and the models have still not arrived. I know you said you're busy and work unusualt hours but you would still be able to email me atleast once. If you do not reply to my previous emails soon or the models come through the post i will have to report you on bartertown.

Sent: 17 January 2009 16:51:41

Hello,

Can you update me on what is going on? I haven't heard much from you and wanted to know if the ogres have arrived and the tracking code for the marines. So can you fill me in please?

-Alex

Sent: 15 January 2009 23:59:37

Hello,

Any chance of that tracking code?

-Alex

> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 05:30:58 -0600
> Subject: RE: B-Town White scar photos
> From: briandawookie@yahoo.com
> To: alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk
> CC:
>
> I sent u an email yesterday around i believe 4 to 5pm my time stating that i had left the tracking info at my place. I am leaving work in about 8am my time. I wake up at noonish here and post the tracking info. I apologize for my lateness,but it has been really busy at the hospital. I work on cardiac floor.
> -----Original Message-----
> Date: Friday, January 09, 2009 6:14:09 am
> To: <briandawookie@yahoo.com>
> From: "alex mortimer" <alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk>
> Subject: RE: B-Town White scar photos
>
>
>
> As soon as i sent the package you've been very slow to reply to my messages. And when you do reply they have been very short. Is there any reason for this? Because i'm still not even sure if you've posted the package yet and it's takes almost a day to get an email out of you.
>
>
>
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:09:21 -0800From: briandawookie@yahoo.comSubject: RE: B-Town White scar photosTo: alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> okay im at work nwo and left the tracking info at that house. How do i track this item?
>
> --- On Wed, 1/7/09, alex mortimer <alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> From: alex mortimer <alexmortimer1@hotmail.co.uk>Subject: RE: B-Town White scar photosTo: briandawookie@yahoo.comDate: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 9:51 AM
>
>
>
>
>
> Package is all sent. It cost me £52.99 which is $80! A lot more than i was expecting. I've included a picture of the reciept so hopefully you can get the bikes in the post today and hopefully the postage won't be so expensive for you.
>
>
>
> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:00:57 -0800Fr
>
I'm not sure what to do really. I will continue to email him and wait, just hope the models turn and i can just give up on him. Maybe i am just being too impacient.

The receipt for the package i sent him: Image
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

Post by Ironhide »

That number after "Barcode" is the customs tracking number. If you go to www.usps.com you will find out that it arrived at COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, GREAT BRITAIN on January 15, 2009 at 2:36 AM. Which means it is in the British postal system, maybe waiting to clear British customs.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Ironhide wrote:That number after "Barcode" is the customs tracking number. If you go to http://www.usps.com you will find out that it arrived at COVENTRY PARCELFORCE, GREAT BRITAIN on January 15, 2009 at 2:36 AM. Which means it is in the British postal system, maybe waiting to clear British customs.
That's the package that the OP sent to the guy in the US.
There is no customs for outgoing parcels.

All this means is that his package hit Coventry a week ago and is now in the US somewhere, most likely.

He's concerned about (a) the other guy not responding and 9b) the other guy not sending.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Doh! Ah well, still wouldn't it take more than 2 weeks to get a package from the US to the UK? Haven't sent there before, but it sometimes take longer than 2 weeks for a package to get to Canada and that's on the same continent.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Two weeks is a long time for US to UK.

Canadian trades take a long time because things get held up at the border in Canada regularly.
That's why a lot of traders won't trade to Canada.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

I bought a set of Ork bikers from one person, and an ork boys squad from a another off Fee-bay from UK and it took 5 days exactly...
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

When the tracking code is entered into USPS and more details is click it says "Foreign Acceptance, January 07, 2009, 11:57 am, NORWAY". Does anyone know what this means?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Skuttlespike wrote:When the tracking code is entered into USPS and more details is click it says "Foreign Acceptance, January 07, 2009, 11:57 am, NORWAY". Does anyone know what this means?
Is that the "tracking code" on your receipt, or one that he provided you?

Eiter way, my guess is that it meant the package arrived in Norway on 1/7/09, on it's way to its' destination.

Eric

Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

That's the code on my receipt pictured above. Norway is the opposite direction the way the package should be going. Would explain why it took a week to travel about 150 miles to the Conventry postal centre which is where the tracking code ends. After showing him this thread has has now finally replied to one of my emails. He said he is just very busy and the package i sent him has not arrived either. He still hasn't included a tracking number which was the focus of my emails. Shame it had to come to posting in here to get him to reply.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, he replied. That's a good start.

As for your package going in the wrong direction, I'm of two minds.
First, it's distinctly possible that someone's screwed something up. You should go to or call your post office and inquire about it.
Second is that it's possible that all packages to/from certain areas are routed certain ways. It MIGHT be (though I doubt it) that your package had to go there to catch its ride over the pond.

Like I said, I doubt it, but anything's possible.

Eric

gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

I actually did the trade with Brian for those bikes that you are getting. I unforunately erased the notes I had for him after leaving feedback. But I dont recall having any shipping issues with him at all. I recall shipping first and getting his portion of the trade in a timely manner and it was well packaged. Dont know if that puts your mind at ease at all, as I appear to be the only one to have traded with him.

Paul
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
Jeramakus ( 340 )
Expert Trader

Post by Jeramakus »

Brian's a member of my gaming club. I'll kick him in the pants for you if you'd like... Seriously, I'll try to see what's up as, honestly, he's a good guy who I can't see trying to screw someone over.
Feedback pending owed to:
Awaiting feedback from: Mchaulklin
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Jeramakus wrote:Brian's a member of my gaming club. I'll kick him in the pants for you if you'd like... Seriously, I'll try to see what's up as, honestly, he's a good guy who I can't see trying to screw someone over.
THAT is an endorsement worth trusting, IMO.

Eric

Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

He just said he emailed saying he lost the tracking number but will go down the post office tomorrow and get the info for me. I think it is just a case of being a very busy person and maybe a bit unorganised. So i think he's not a bad trader and this thread is a little unwarranted. thanks for everyone's help as well by the way. :)
Jeramakus ( 340 )
Expert Trader

Post by Jeramakus »

Heh. He just told me the same thing and I was about to post it. I can certainly vouch for his busyness as I haven't seen him at the club in what feels like weeks now. As I said, he's a good guy and will do what he says he will.
Feedback pending owed to:
Awaiting feedback from: Mchaulklin

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”