Ivan The Raider = Steve Jones *Confirmed*

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

kutzmon ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kutzmon »

After seeing post after post of this guy I have emailed the St. Thomas Police. I'm going to try and start an effort to get some satisfaction out of this deal. If anyone is interested in updates or helping in this please contact me at kutzmon at yahoo dot com

It may or may not get anything done but at least I can say I tried.
Yes, Wyoming. It's one of the big square states out west. No, that one's Montana... no, that one's Colorado. The one in the middle, yeah, that square state.

I WILL reply to ALL pm's because it's common courtesy... yep... courtesy.
kutzmon ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kutzmon »

Good day,
I have been contacted by the St. Thomas Police Dept. I had a nice talk with a detective who gave me the following info.

-They are opening up a case file on Mr. Jones
-They are going to locate him and inform him that if he does not return the goods or send what he was supposed to charges will be brought against him.
-It could be the end of the week before they get back in contact with me.
-If he does not comply I may have to be a witness in his trial.

From the sounds of things the police are going to be helpful in this. I will keep you updated on the proceedings. If you have been taken get all your evidence ready and in order. If you are interested in this please email me with your information and I can give your name and contact information to the detective. I'm sure the more people that come forward and file against Mr. Jones the harder things will be for him.

I have posted in both threads.
Yes, Wyoming. It's one of the big square states out west. No, that one's Montana... no, that one's Colorado. The one in the middle, yeah, that square state.

Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

Kutzmon,

Mr. Jones (Andrews or whoever) has some pretty incriminating posts in this thread on www.warseer.com

This could be useful in the investigation.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... 317&page=1

Here's an exerpt from page 3, his user id on warseer is Imma_De_Freakin_Pope
08-04-2006, 16:04 #24
Imma_De_Freakin_Pope
Banned

Trade Rating: (-3)

Re: Alert !!! Do Not Send To This Man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you guys are funny, go ahead, go to 215 first ave., and 399 talbot st.

if you go to 215 you will be going to an older couples house, that I got my mail from, and if you go to 399 talbot st, you will meet a sholrt guy who has no idea who I am, i just take his mail for him...and my name is not Steve Jones, or Scott Andrews...so good luck with all this fraud crap
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
kutzmon ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kutzmon »

Thanks. I'll make sure the detective gets the link.

Brimstone ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Brimstone »

Hi I'm Brimstone a mod from Warseer.

The Admins and mods are more than happy to assist further in this matter.

So feel free to contact us further if anybody needs more information.
orcdom ( 202 )
Millenium Trader

Post by orcdom »

welcome to Bartertown Brim, i have this same screen name at warseer as well.

Steve
Copy the trade, E-mail and put "Bartertown" in subject header.
i make custom terrain, my photobucket: http://photobucket.com/albums/b152/orcdom/
rakeofd ( 2 )
New Trader

I'm a little late but...

Post by rakeofd »

Instead of just blocking his screenname, try banning his IP adress, that way he will never be able to get on this site unless you un-block him. Trying to help:

Me
kutzmon ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kutzmon »

Good day,
To my surprise I was contacted by the St. Thomas Police this morning. The Constable in charge of this case informed me that because of the low dollar value (under $500 US) this would fall under a civil case. She was very helpful with her information. Mr. Jones does in fact live at the address he has stuff shipped to. She has talked to the guy and set up an appointment for him to talk to her. He didn't show. (imagine that) She went to his house and he either was not home or did not answer the door. I informed her of the many people Steve has screwed over on this site alone and gave her the address to bartertown and this thread. She could not enter the site due to her systems php blocker. She said she would try from a different computer and take a look. If you want to pursue this feel free to contact the St. Thomas Police at 519-631-1224 and file charges with the criminal investigation unit. Canadians will have better luck at getting this guy because of international law jurisdictions. I truly believe if enough people take the time and file charges Steve will be in a world of hurt. I guess I started it, feel free to add your complaints and maybe something will get done. The St. Thomas police also have a website you can use to get in contact.

http://www.stps.on.ca/contact.html

I hope you take the time to get this rolling.

Thanks,
Dave

faol ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by faol »

I do hgope everyone who was scammed by this guy does file that way an example will be made of himthat there is a 0 tolerance of for things like this Bartertown is a great site lets not let scammers, con-artists, and thieves ruin it
''Vivo cum gladius et morior a gladius.''
To live with a sword and to die from the sword.

"Vae Victus" Woe to the Vanquished.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
-Abe Lincoln
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

So is he in Canada? Because in the states isn't $100 of stolen property a felony?
Zaakath ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Zaakath »

Unless I'm mistaken, it's anything above $50 is a felony.
"Oh My foot is fine, but I think the chair died." -RR

"Dance with me Death, I am ready." - RR

"Knowledge is the destination, truth is the journey."-Terry Goodkind
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

it used to be $100, back in the 1980's. i think the amount increased because the cost of items have now increased.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Well, I was only going by what a friend told me. He was a trooper for 20 or so years.

It may very well have gone up since he was working.

I however still think its $100. Though most people won't serve a full year unless they have lots of fun priors, or are as flippant about breaking the law as mister jones has been.
djinn24 ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by djinn24 »

I bet if everyone who has been scammed bythis person would get together and tally a list of stolen goods it would equal to over $500 just from what I have seen on this post. Also you might want to ask the detective if the attempt to decieve a person into sending goods with no intention of sending return items is also against the law. Because if that is the situation then there are other charges that can be brought up against him as well.

Also since he used the USPS as part of his scheme I honestly believe he can also be brought up on charges in the United States as well for Mail Fraud.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Djinn,

Just say, "No" to Threadomancy.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”