Pale Circle Oboros

Only Garden Ninja Painting Studio Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Pale Circle Oboros

Post by gardenninja »

The color scheme for this force came kind of as a challenge. A friend of mine told me that the Circle minis did not have very much detail, and I realized that he had that impression because so many of the Circle minis he had seen were painted in dark color (grays and browns). So I set out to show the detail in these minis in lighter colors.

Commentary is welcome
Soulbinder ( 60 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Pale Circle Oboros

Post by Soulbinder »

Those are some beautifully painted mini's, keep up the great work....Regards Soulbinder
'Khazukan Kazakit-ba'

I do not have paypal, I can only send a cashiers check or postal money order..Will not pay or ship first unless your rating is higher than mine...Thanks Soulbinder
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Wow.
All VERY well done models.

I don't care for the last two, but that's about the models and definitely NOT about your painting.

Those Warpwolfs (I *think* that's what they're called. I don't play the game) look REALLY nice in that "cream" color.

That first guy really *pops*!! I'd love to see a close up of his face. I like what you've done around his eye.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

I adjusted the color scheme a little when I started up on Kromac's force. They still fit together, but with a little less beige, and a little grittier feel. The overall color pallet became warmer with this section, and that's not only due to the blood splattering.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

They look really nice... 'specially the horns.
Personally, though... I think the cream color's even cooler.

Very nice work!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

You know, the cream color is a little more original- it is more of a departure from the normal scheme than the flesh tones.

Still, that blood splatter was a lot of fun to do.

Return to “Garden Ninja Painting Studio”