Greencoats Cygnar

Only Garden Ninja Painting Studio Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Greencoats Cygnar

Post by gardenninja »

This is a commission I did recently. I will be posting more as I do more commissions for this force.

Black 13 Joey 3.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gardenninja on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Greencoats Cygnar

Post by HarlequinZero »

Those are great! Could you give an idea of what it would cost to paint a model to those levels? With the differences between a small mini like a warcaster and a big model like a warjack? I'd be interested in seeing that info.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

Ok.

Caine and the Black 13 are painted to Display Quality, and cost around $20 each.

The Above Tabletop troops- the gun mages- cost $4.99 each. I don't think I got pictures of all of them, but I painted two units.

This warjack was painted to Above Tabletop Quality, and he cost $14.99.

The difference between the two quality levels is in the details, Caine has a lot of detailing in his face and weathering on his coat, as well as more complex metals than the warjack, and smoother blending all around (I'm not sure that all of this shows in the photos).
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

I love how smooth your fleshes turned out man...do you mind giving me an idea of your paint process for just the skin tones? (color/wash/highlight)

I've had a little success but most of the times I feel they come out looking like they are wearing make up :D
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

The colors for most of the flesh is nothing special, I started out with a brown and worked up using a flesh tone.

The details on the faces help out a lot. Caine has a red wash under his eyes, and the five o'clock shadow created by adding grey to the flesh mix and working that up with more flesh tone.

Return to “Garden Ninja Painting Studio”