the_trader AKA Joe Bartle - Involved Parties Discussion

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Taking action on the-trader - Involved Parties Discussion

Post by MagickalMemories »

Kugelblitz wrote:Wonderful to see this thread. Our mutual acquaintance has caused some fraud over on my board as well, and he personally owes me about $40.00 US for costs covering shipping brand new-in-the-box figs to him last year. I have sent several requests to him and after a few lame excuses he stopped responding.

You should do these things...

1) Tell us WHAT board that is.
2) Post a link to this thread on that board.
3) Post a link in this thread to any similar thread you have going on your board.
4) Coordinate your efforts with Norseman
5) Contact the UK Police that Norseman has contacted... I'm certain taht they'll be even MORE interested to know that this isn't the only site he's victimized.

How much is he into members on THAT board for? he's at an estimated $2500 here.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Let me add to the above list:

6) Contact the admin of your board and put him in contact with us. My email address is serpentine(at)neo.rr.com, he can contact me regarding this.
7) Ask him to provide us the IP address information used to access the site so we can cross reference it with our information.

Thanks! :)
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ah, silly me.
I didn't even THINK about #7... and as for #6... When he said "my board," I just presumed he was the Admin.

Nice call, 'Sid, as always.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

I really do wonder how many boards he hit up. When he admitted 20+ people to me in the msn chat, he for sure didnt mention other boards.

This brings me to my point, great job again Norseman! If it wasnt for you he would be sitting there probably doing it again.

Keep it up man and Karma will be repaying you in heaps!
Trader Xi ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Trader Xi »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Kugelblitz wrote:Wonderful to see this thread. Our mutual acquaintance has caused some fraud over on my board as well, and he personally owes me about $40.00 US for costs covering shipping brand new-in-the-box figs to him last year. I have sent several requests to him and after a few lame excuses he stopped responding.

You should do these things...

1) Tell us WHAT board that is.
2) Post a link to this thread on that board.
3) Post a link in this thread to any similar thread you have going on your board.
4) Coordinate your efforts with Norseman
5) Contact the UK Police that Norseman has contacted... I'm certain taht they'll be even MORE interested to know that this isn't the only site he's victimized.

How much is he into members on THAT board for? he's at an estimated $2500 here.

Eric
That board is http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php. You're a member, Eric :P I caught the Rockula name here and it rang a bell. He was trading under Rockula and Warmaster Horus there. I posted a message to draw attention to the fact that he has at least 13 open complaints here. Hopefully the guys there will read up here and file with the Hull PD. I will copy the links for crime reporting to the WIP site.

Here is the link to our page on Joe Bartle.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Pro ... opic=13829
Paint hides a multitude of sins.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your profile to help him on his way to world Domination
82d Cadian Mechanized HQ blog
Productive Thinking Industries
Alkatchoff ( 90 )
Resident Trader

Post by Alkatchoff »

Not sure if anyone's seen this or if it's even relevant, but it seems our troublesome trader gets around...
This time using the Warmaster Horus handle, as of November 2008.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_C ... topic=1724

Among the bits of interests are the following:

"to admins if you have anything to ask just ask and i will tell the truth as this bored has been realy helpful since i have dyslexia and dysprxia"

"as my comment on this how do you tell some one that your paypal was hacked and for reasons of not wanting your ID been used you closed it when you can not get on the site they are on ?"

"also the cash i need to pay out the $40 i need to pay kugelblitz went on the £35 of inport fees because he did not mark it as a "gift" to make no inport tax "
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I really don't understand the people who are questioning the validity of the information presented regarding Mr. Bartle just because he has both paid people through trades for items and has sold items for cash.

1. He has lots of cash from the people he's ripped off.

2. He needs to fence his stolen goods to someone.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Trader Xi wrote:
That board is http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php. You're a member, Eric :P I caught the Rockula name here and it rang a bell. He was trading under Rockula and Warmaster Horus there. I posted a message to draw attention to the fact that he has at least 13 open complaints here. Hopefully the guys there will read up here and file with the Hull PD. I will copy the links for crime reporting to the WIP site.

Here is the link to our page on Joe Bartle.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Pro ... opic=13829
I sure am... but I haven't been active in a WHILE (around a year). I just haven't had any WIP worth mentioning.

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

insidius wrote:I really don't understand the people who are questioning the validity of the information presented regarding Mr. Bartle just because he has both paid people through trades for items and has sold items for cash.

1. He has lots of cash from the people he's ripped off.

2. He needs to fence his stolen goods to someone.
I didn't see anyone questioning the validity of it, myself. I just saw them saying "I got paid."

You are correct, though.

Eric

bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

you know some of you should probably follow those links that went to the other boards. Especially that local gaming group in his city as now you have people walking into the Hull PD making reports and a local resource to link up with for a court case.

just my 2 cents.
Auzzie ( 42 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Auzzie »

I lost about $200 worth of Marines/commission work for him. I called them and they put me on file.
silent_lemon ( 8 )
New Trader

Post by silent_lemon »

I received a letter in the mail from HPD. The assigned detective introduced himself and explained that this matter will be investigated; it was signed and addressed to me, I feel special. 8)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Auzzie: Was the trade started through BTown?
If not, I won't make you remove your post. I'm just asking for clarification.

Regardless, if you have not done so already, get your information to Norseman.

Re: Lemon's letter... Did anyone else get one of these?

Eric

Prefect ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by Prefect »

Hey all,

I just received this via email...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr Hall

I am DC1107 Justin Marrow of the Humberside Police, Hull England.

I am the officer assigned to investigating the fraud that you have reported. I am in contact with another victim who has provided me with most of the information (*removed*). The investigation is on-going and i will contact you with an update when i have one.

Should you have any questions, please contact me.

Regards

Justin Marrow
DC1107
Hull CID

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I'd share
Last edited by Prefect on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Sorry I was out of contact for a few days.

I have another update.

It looks like J. Bartle will be arrested this upcoming week.

I have another request for anyone that wants to add there names to the complaint.

I require:

You full name
Contact information
Website deal went down on
Summery of the deal
Information on how you paid, dates, & amount

Of course all of this needs to be backed up with a paypal record or a email or PM thread so please have some proof.

I went to that invisionfree.com and registered. Wouldn't let me post... ida know i must be missing something. MM could you post a link to this, and a request for them send thier information to me. I seen that you had the ability to post.

P.S. to Prefect...You may want to take a look at the bottom of that email Officer Marrow sent you. That is a private email and should not be copied. You may want to summarize, but don't copy. The Hummberside police have access have been given the link to this thread.

Maybe delete the full names as well.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”