John Sigsby BANNED: Violation of Multiple Accounts

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Got him again!

Keep it up, guys, let's see if he's REALLY that "special" that he tries again. Gotta be some kind of record... :roll:
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Gotta be some kind of record...
Stupidity record.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Maybe we should have a "public service announcement" warning Bartertown members not to deal with this guy. He might get some unsuspecting customers for the few hours his posts/advertising lasts. It can take a few hours for someone to find/delete his posts.
I guess he's just going to keep trying.
ITS A JULY MADNESS SALE!!!! :roll: (to celebrate being banned.)
He's shooting for the Hall of Shame!!!

>chanting<banhammer>chanting<
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

ancientsociety wrote:Wow, check out the Youtube videos. Painting skillz = EPIC FAIL.
His ad has been pulled.
Happen to still have a link you could email me?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Thanks for the email, Jay!

Jay emailed me links and all I can say is that stuff is craptacular!!!

If I sent minis to someone and got that in return, I'd be tempted to find them and punch them... and I'm no longer a violent man.

I watched both of their mini videos AND the terrain video...

After watching the mini videos, and seeing the quality of the vid's and the minis, I thought we were dealing with a couple of 14 or 15 year olds. the terrain video has one of 'em talking... He's probably 17 to 20... 21, tops, is my guess.

Blech.

Hire them and you get what you deserve.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

BTW, any reason this thread can't be moved to Hall of Shame???
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I don't see any mention of McDoodad. I'm positive that's yet another incarnation of this twit, possibly the original one.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

YoungWolf777 wrote:I don't see any mention of McDoodad. I'm positive that's yet another incarnation of this twit, possibly the original one.
Got any links?

Eric

YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I do in the PM I sent to Lin, however they're too old for the cutoff to display apparently.

McDoodad: viewtopic.php?t=64067
ImperialBuyer: viewtopic.php?t=64135

I was negotiating with McDoodad on some Ork items he had up when ImperialBuyer arrived on the scene with a nearly identical haves/wants listing. He had many of the same grammatical mistakes, as well as both of the accounts refusing to use PayPal. Hardly concrete proof, but enough to warrant investigation IMO. This guy's no rocket scientist as he's used the same email addy on his multi accounts. Easy thing to check. I still have one of the PMs from McDoodad in my Savebox. I broke it off as it just didn't smell right.
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Post by vesrian »

I know it's poor form to comment on usernames, but i find the name McDoodad to be hilarious. I did a google search on it and the first link that came up was from scam.com. No, he wasn't being reported for scaming, he was warning others that the "7 day miracle cleanse" is a scam. I don't recommend you read that post - it's pretty much the definition of TMI.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

YoungWolf777 wrote:I do in the PM I sent to Lin, however they're too old for the cutoff to display apparently.

McDoodad: viewtopic.php?t=64067
ImperialBuyer: viewtopic.php?t=64135

I was negotiating with McDoodad on some Ork items he had up when ImperialBuyer arrived on the scene with a nearly identical haves/wants listing. He had many of the same grammatical mistakes, as well as both of the accounts refusing to use PayPal. Hardly concrete proof, but enough to warrant investigation IMO. This guy's no rocket scientist as he's used the same email addy on his multi accounts. Easy thing to check. I still have one of the PMs from McDoodad in my Savebox. I broke it off as it just didn't smell right.
Out of curiosity, in the McDoodad PM, is thee an email link? What email address is his feedback under, if you hit that link?
Eric

Oh... And I get a kick out of McDoodad, too. It makes me think of the old "Cleric Quintet" novels by R.A. Salvatore, set in the Forgotten Realms. One character was a dwarf and claimed to be a druid... except that he wasn't "all there," and pronounced it Doodad.
Oh... this was back when dwarves COULDN'T be Druids (Good old 2nd ed!).

YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

No email linked to the account that I can access. Here's his only current post on the board: search.php?search_author=McDoodad

0 feedback, just like all of the other accounts.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

YoungWolf777 wrote:No email linked to the account that I can access. Here's his only current post on the board: search.php?search_author=McDoodad

0 feedback, just like all of the other accounts.
So, I checked out that link. His account is, like, 6 months old.
I'm curious... What do you see as the connection?

Eric

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

In the words of a great man...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results."

Hey, Sun_light_kills_trolls! BUSTED!!
sunlightkills@gmail.com...

We caught you again, smacktard. When are you going to learn? 8)
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
XBoxDude79 ( 430 )
Expert Trader

Post by XBoxDude79 »

Welcome to the hall of shame John. What a card... Hope he learns his lesson, but at this rate it doesn't seem he will.
Lower rating? You ship or pay first. PP fees are buyers responsibility.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”