Robert Eveland, The Drop Zone: Compiled Bad Trade Reports

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Robert Eveland, The Drop Zone: Compiled Bad Trade Reports

Post by Linrandir »

By overwhelming request, I am including here all the valid bad trader reports I could find that have been filed against Robert Eveland, AKA The Drop Zone.

I would like to note that just because a thread is locked does not mean it has been resolved.

1. Nitsky416
2. Doctor Thunder
3. Uatu13
4. kbolster12345
5. davethebest
6. osso
7. uatu13 redux

This list is not comprehensive of people with unresolved issues against the Drop Zone, it is simply a list of people who have taken the time to share their information with the community. We are given to understand that The Drop Zone is filling their backlog of orders, but that is secondhand information.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Post by uatu13 »

What I'm wondering is why is TDZ still allowed to sell/trade on BT? If I was to have 6 trades at the same time I never sent product to I'm pretty sure I'd be banned. He's had ample time to complete the sales, and at this point it's pretty inexcusable.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

He's not.
His account has been deactivated and I have notified him that we have terminated our business dealings. The moderators and I are debating whether or not additional steps should be taken.

The banner is still up because Adam is away on a business trip and hasn't had time or net connection to yank it.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

flagg07 ( 232 )
Resident Trader

Post by flagg07 »

Valid question that I think should be a thread of it's own. I don't think it really belongs here.
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Post by uatu13 »

OK, thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't sure where this question should be posted, but thought this thread works well since it's the general "TDZ screwed me" post ;-)
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

This is as good as any other. Consolidation of information generally tends to be a good thing. 8)
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

flagg07 ( 232 )
Resident Trader

Post by flagg07 »

Lin,

To you and all the other Mods. Extenuating circumstances may have made these decisions difficult. This is just another example of you guys keeping the interests of the Traders uppermost in your minds. Thanks
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

It wasn't a difficult decision.

Oops, was I supposed to not say that?
TheWarSmith ( 158 )
Expert Trader

Post by TheWarSmith »

This is odd, as I just had my first purchase from TDZ and it went MORE than smoothly. I bought around $100 worth of stuff, paid via paypal on Tuesday, and got the box Thursday with complete contents and extra little bits he tossed in to sweeten the deal.

I'm a bit torn, as I have had a great experience, and I wonder what is up with it.

I speak with him occasionally on livechat on Gmail. Perhaps I should say something?
Please email me at phillipdkuhn@gmail.com rather then send PMs or respond on the forum. It sets up easier swifter communications for potential trades.

Owed refs by: Bluefalcon
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Post by uatu13 »

Well, you must have gotten lucky, because we sure didn't. TDZ has screwed quite a few of us here, so count your blessings you got your stuff.
nightspawn ( 606 )
Expert Trader

hi

Post by nightspawn »

TWS

I analyzed it Robert A.K.A TDZ just got caught up with tidal wave of work and landslide of orders ,learned the hard way of selling GW bits online is not advisable. He maybe fixing up things ,eventually I hope the best for him and be at Par with Chaosorc.com and thewarstore.com in terms of smooth service.from your feedback TWS all that TDZ needs now is be consistent.

I for one am glad he is trying to work it out.Just never seen a guy with that many redmarks and those are like scars in B-town.

So Cheers to Ya All!

:-D
Im now a WarmaHordes Freak!!!: 100pts. Cryx, 70pts. Legions of Everblight ,50pts. Skorne only 4 armies left for GW, 2.5K IG , 3K Empire, 3K Demons of Khorne.
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Post by uatu13 »

The first thing TDZ needs to do is give refunds to everyone he screwed over. He won't even answer our emails. Personally I think Robert needs to get into another business, because he totally sucks at running on online GW store.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Re: hi

Post by insidius »

nightspawn wrote:
Just never seen a guy with that many redmarks and those are like scars in B-town.
*cough* Jason Ticknor *cough*
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
knthrak ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by knthrak »

TheWarSmith wrote: I speak with him occasionally on livechat on Gmail. Perhaps I should say something?

By all means, let him know that if he posts my bfg stuff to me i'll drop all the claims against him.
BFG and EA army builder File Author, contact me with bug reports!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

knthrak wrote:
TheWarSmith wrote: I speak with him occasionally on livechat on Gmail. Perhaps I should say something?

By all means, let him know that if he posts my bfg stuff to me i'll drop all the claims against him.
What a cop-out.
TDZ obviously is still doing business. How hard is it to simply isssue a refund? He put you through the wringer and you are just going to let him get away with it. A leapord doesnt change his spots. When he gets in tough spot he'll do the same thing again. The sad thing is you're letting him....

Return to “The Hall of Shame”