Robert Eveland, The Drop Zone: Compiled Bad Trade Reports

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I speak with him occasionally on livechat on Gmail. Perhaps I should say something?
Yeah.

You should do that.

Know what he'll say? He'll go on a tirade about making mistakes and people not being patient. He'll make excuses, then b!tch about how people called his work and home threatening him & his family.

He'll do everything except take ownership of more than "a few little delays..."

...and he'll find a way to try to make it sound as if even THAT is someone elses fault.

How do I know?

Been there. Done that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
I speak with him occasionally on livechat on Gmail. Perhaps I should say something?
Yeah.

You should do that.

Know what he'll say? He'll go on a tirade about making mistakes and people not being patient. He'll make excuses, then b!tch about how people called his work and home threatening him & his family.

...and he'll find a way to try to make it sound as if even THAT is someone elses fault.

How do I know?

Been there. Done that.

Eric
and yet, you make it sound like it's ok to call and threaten him?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

No.
I said no such thing.

You should know me better than that by now, kturock.
: )

What I was saying is that he'll go on a tirade about all the things that other people have done to HIM while not mentioning what HE has done to OTHERS, or glossing over the details.

I do NOT feel that it is okay to threaten anyone.

... unless you feel that it is threatening to call someone at whatever phone number you have for them (including home) during APPROPRIATE DAY AND EARLY EVENING HOURS ONLY warning him of all of the things you are going to do if you don't get your stuff within "XX" time frame.

Those "things you are going to do" being a complaint with the FBI, one with the USPS, one with the BBB, contacting eCrater, continuing to call on a regular basis, warning every trader about him on every web site that you frequent, and other things of THAT SPECIFIC nature.

Those "threats" are fine.

Threats of physical things you're going to do to him and/or his family or property are, of course, unacceptable...

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

i only know what i read..

your comment implied, to my reading, that he was whining and complaining, about everything, even trival stuff like threats..

i don't excuse anything he's done, i might understand it, but don't excuse it.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions...and trodd upon by ill users.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

kturock wrote: the road to hell is paved with good intentions...and trodd upon by ill users.
While I dont condone anyone threatening TDZ with harrassment or physical violence. I wouldnt shed a tear to hear him inconvenienced.
TDZ will be on the road to Hell before any of his victims,he'll probably be selling road maps.Just get it BEFORE you send him payment.
Here is another proverb for you- You reap what you sow.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

i only know what i read..
True... but at no point did you read where I said it was okay to threaten him.

and yet, you make it sound like it's ok to call and threaten him?
What I said was:

I said the things he'd say ...And he will say them. He did to me on more than one occasion before I placed my order. I made no comment ir intiamtion about it being okay that people made those phone calls (if, indeed, they actually did).

I don't go for that sh...errr.... stuff.

Eric

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Y'know, this topic was intended as a collection point for the various Bad Trader Reports against The Drop Zone, not another kvetch-fest. Unless you're reporting another posted BTR, stop commenting here or I will lock the topic and delete all extraneous posts.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You are absolutely right, Lin.

My apologies. I will gladly continue the discussion via PM with anyone interested enough to PM me.

That being said, can I ask about the status of the stuff that was lost during the hiccup? I had a notice in this thread, as well as a BTR and thread about him that were lost.

If we're waiting until they can be reinstated by Adam, that is absolutely cool. I understand busy schedules.
If they're irrevocably lost, I will go ahead and repost.

Thanks!

Eric

douchebiggalo ( 56 )
BTown Regular

TDZ

Post by douchebiggalo »

Okay,

Back to the original thread.

TDZ is an incorporated business that is transacting on the internet. When you have extenuating circumstances as a trader, it is up to the discretion of the trading parties to reach a middle ground and work things out. However, as a business health issues and sob stories, although very unfortunate, are not grounds for dismissal of such actions.

As a business, you have a certain responsibility. What has transpired could be considered criminal to a third party governor (business bureau). If someone were to take this a step further, a whole new can of worms could be opened here. Some of these cases are theft (money lost), some have been false advertising (incomplete orders), some deceit (not actually receiving what you were told, either older edition models or blisters instead of boxes). In any case, a business is responsible 100% for these damages.

I do not care enough to recoup my losses with TDZ and I won't lose anymore sleep, but I think if we can get a compiled list of what is owed, a time frame to make things right and a strict course of action agreed to by the parties involved, a conclusion may be reached.

I mean, we're half way there with the start of this thread.

Thanks for listening.
My trade rules:
-must be at least 18 yrs or older
-I live in Canada so please be willing to ship up here
-lower rating ships/pays first

Check my old references, I have a new login:
http://www.bartertown.com/ref/index.php?name=Parkinson
knthrak ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by knthrak »

Just as an FYI to the above poster:
I logged a complaint with the BBB. Very little happened, possibly as i'm from overseas.
I logged a complaint with the IC3, even less happened.
I logged a claim on paypal, who would do nothing as it was over 45 days since i'd payed.

I am still missing the following:
1 Emperor BS 99110807004
BFG Box set *2 60010899001
Idolator Class Raiders *2 blisters 99060802003
Firestorm Frigates *2 Blisters 99060807005

Plus shipping to australia.
BFG and EA army builder File Author, contact me with bug reports!
nitsky416 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nitsky416 »

knthrak wrote:Just as an FYI to the above poster:
I logged a complaint with the BBB. Very little happened, possibly as i'm from overseas.
I logged a complaint with the IC3, even less happened.
I logged a claim on paypal, who would do nothing as it was over 45 days since i'd payed.

I am still missing the following:
1 Emperor BS 99110807004
BFG Box set *2 60010899001
Idolator Class Raiders *2 blisters 99060802003
Firestorm Frigates *2 Blisters 99060807005

Plus shipping to australia.
If you used a credit card with paypal, complain to your credit card company as well. There is a chance that they can get your money back from Paypal.

For the record, I also filed a complaint with the BBB, who didn't even know he was running a store at the time I made the complaint. I was told they would look into it and never heard anything else.
My eBay Feedback
No Pictures? You ship first.
Lower Rating? You ship first.
Questions? Email me!
GMMStudios ( 150 )
Expert Trader

Post by GMMStudios »

nitsky416 wrote:
knthrak wrote:didn't even know he was running a store at the time I made the complaint. I was told they would look into it and never heard anything else.
Thats because they don't have to know. You don't *have* to be registered with them to do business. I run a real estate buying and selling business on the side, and you would not beleive how many calls I get from people who believe I am a fraud because I am not registered with the BBB. And of COURSE the BBB tells them that I need to be registered. Ask any person in government if you need to pay to be able to do something, and they will say yes.

It's like a club really, and thats it.
GMMStudios ( 150 )
Expert Trader

Post by GMMStudios »

Sorry the quotes are messed up. I guess you can't edit posts anymore... X.X
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Do you really have to wonder why people get frustrated and take justice in their own hands?? This scumbag gets away with it......
GMMStudios ( 150 )
Expert Trader

Post by GMMStudios »

Trade Karma does exist. He will get his one day...

Return to “The Hall of Shame”