Ivan The Raider = Steve Jones *Confirmed*

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Taggerd ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by Taggerd »

yea he has ben posted over there and the guy with the trade in progress has been warned
Thanks To trade master Adam i have one account again yea
Commander_Dante ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Thanks

Post by Commander_Dante »

Lin,

Thanks for the Info, helps alot on my end. It's a shame that Idiots like this guy ruin things for other folks. Hopefully anyone who has traded with him in the Past either gets what they were trading for or at least gets their things back.
We don't quit playing because we get old, we get old because we quit playing !!

www.solegends.com
Ollieb ( 86 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ollieb »

This guy is posting in the swapshop of 40k on-line. He's admitted in his posts there that he has screwed folks in B-town and is asking for the chance to redeem himself.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Then he should bloody well have sent me an email or PM before he tried to sneak back on here.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

It is my personal opinion that these types of people shouldn't get a second chance to be part of the community.

I'm sure others will disagree, but that is where I stand anyway.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Mospaeda ( 66 )
Account Suspended - 2 weeks

Post by Mospaeda »

I whole-heartedly agree with you Insidius. There's no excuse.

Mospaeda
Please contact me at titanversustitan@hotmail.com
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

I looked over at 40Konline and notified the admin, who was apparently trading with him.

I like how he says "Oh I want to redeem myself" and then asks people to violate Canadian customs law in sending sh!t to him. Logic...FLAWED!

Besides which, I agree with sid. No way, no how. That'd be like letting Ticknor back on here. Never again, if I can help it.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Besides even that, it'd be sending a message that "oh, it's ok to rip people off; you'll always be accepted back into the community later."

That's not the message I want to send out.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Dihenydd ( 30 )
BTown Regular

Post by Dihenydd »

And, to be honest, if he really wanted to "Redeem" himself then he'd pay back all those ppl he's ripped off. Setting up mutually benefitial trades is not redemption.
Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad...
Steven H. ( 924 )
Resident Trader

fraud reporting in Canada

Post by Steven H. »

Taggerd wrote:canada is strange you can report him all you like but nothing will be done he is a minor now you can take him to court
i) don't discount the amusement factor of reporting him to _U.S._ authorities; these days I suspect that attempting to get into the US could be kinda tricky if US databases include a number of fraud complaints.

ii) unsure what the correct authority is for this, but cut`n paste form filling is fast and fun!

Start with (RCMP): https://www.recol.ca/intro.aspx?lang=en
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/
http://www.rcmp.ca/contact/index_e.htm
http://www.opp.ca/welcome/english/default.htm
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams/brochure_e.pdf
http://www.rcmp.ca/scams/index_e.htm
http://www.rcmp.ca/scams/online_fraud_e.htm

Ontario Provincial Police - http://www.opp.ca/welcome/english/default.htm

And of course:
www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm

Enjoy!
jesters89 ( 294 )
Resident Trader

Post by jesters89 »

Go figure. I have been waiting on a witch king on a fell beast for about 3 weeks to no avail.

Here is the confusing part... based on the discrepancies in trader rating, Ivan the Raider agreed to send first. I have lost absolutely nothing except time and patience.

People that have dealt with him, should I give up and respost the items I was holding for him? I don't get it. He agreed to send first and told me the items had shipped out "with something extra to make up for me having to wait." Whats the point of agreeing to send first if you plan on scamming the person? He had NOTHING to gain by even dealing with me when I demanded he send first.

His account has since been banned/ suspended, and I was keeping tabs on the trade via PM's... any advice?
orcdom ( 202 )
Millenium Trader

Post by orcdom »

contact him, tell him he has a week or you will write " Return to sender" on the package. that gives him a week to get it to you no matter what it costs him if he wants to complete the trade. and iff allready sent it just shows him either send it in a timely fashion or he is out the postage.

return to sender, just dont open it and its no cost to you.
Steve
Copy the trade, E-mail and put "Bartertown" in subject header.
i make custom terrain, my photobucket: http://photobucket.com/albums/b152/orcdom/
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ertertret

Post by MagickalMemories »

I don't get it. He agreed to send first and told me the items had shipped out "with something extra to make up for me having to wait." Whats the point of agreeing to send first if you plan on scamming the person? He had NOTHING to gain by even dealing with me when I demanded he send first.
In deals like these, scammers hope that one of the many people they do this to will fall for their stories.

It can go mulitple ways.

Either they start emailing you negative things, threatening to post a negative ref. because you are stealing from them. After all, they shipped out 2 weeks ago and the post office confirmed to them over the phone that you received their package.
Eventually, the person gives in and sends their package because they don't want to ruin their rating.

Or

They hope that, through their repeated emails and constant contact, you will "go ahead" and ship your package out, though you have yet to receive theirs.

That second one has actually happened before.

A third possibility is that they hope you were just using the "ship first" topic to test their willingness to ship first, and go ahead and do a simu-ship as a "nice guy" surprise.
After all... if they are willing to ship first, then they are OBVIOUSLY not intending to try to cheat you.

Thieves are slick, man. Slick.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kutzmon ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kutzmon »

Jesters,
I would just cut your losses and repost your items. This guy has screwed me and many others. Once a thief.. yada yada... Move on with your trading and don't look back.

Dave
Yes, Wyoming. It's one of the big square states out west. No, that one's Montana... no, that one's Colorado. The one in the middle, yeah, that square state.

I WILL reply to ALL pm's because it's common courtesy... yep... courtesy.
Matthew Murray ( 720 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: I was just getting ready to send him som WH40K stuff...

Post by Matthew Murray »

Matthew Murray wrote:Just as I was getting ready to send 7x WH40K IG Storm Troopers I saw that Steve Jones' / Ivan_The_Raider's account was suspended. I go to check things out and I found this thread. Wow...

I've never dealt with this person before, so I don't know how bad he is. I thought something was unusual when he said he had gotten Epic IG tanks instead of WH40K IG tanks as part of a trade, yet had a zero rating.

Well, he and I have negotiated a trade. He PM'd me to say that he sent his part on Saturday. Considering the low value of the trade I was going to ship simultaneously. I am going to retro-actively change the deal (rightfully so I think under the circumstances) such that I will ship after I have received his stuff. If he fulfills his part of the deal I will post a good reference and send my half of the bargain. After all, a deal is a deal.

I'll try to remember to post a follow-up in about a week or 2 and let folks know if he came through or not.

Matt Murray
I just wanted to post here, like I promised, an update to my pending trade with this person. After 2 weeks of waiting (2.5 really...) I have not received the stuff that Steve Jones promised that he shipped. Even factoring in the notoriously slow Canadian Post I should have gotten the stuff by now. Looks like I was to be screwed by him.

Dodged that one!
"...It's like carpet bombing - not very accurate but a hell of a lot of fun." - My friend Dan "Dan the Armor Man" Smith

Growing up I always wanted to be a marine biologist, because it seemed like the perfect combination of shooting people and studying animals.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”