woogler/David Geale - backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

dorian black ( 8 )
BTown Regular

woogler/David Geale - backout

Post by dorian black »

Hi, this is all of the contact we have had regarding this trade, we did have an earlier agreement for David to purchase some Chaos Space Marines from me, which went through fine, however the trade for the Orks for whatever reason seems to made David back out twice. The tone of some of my emails may come across as a bit terse, but that's because in my previous dealings it took a very long time for David to sort out payment for the models he wanted to purchase and his replies were often non-commital.

To: w40k_fanatic@hotmail.com
Subject: Are we still on for a deal RE: Orks
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:00:29 +0000

Hi David, how are you?

Just been on B'town and saw that you were having some problems with deals, what i need to know is the following:

- Are you able to sort out funds to the Orks? If so, are we able to start proceedings before the end of August?

I'm asking as i have had a few people asking if the Orks are still up for sale, and their offers are good, however as I have said to you, I'm willing to sell the whole lot to you for a bit less than they are offering, see my previous email with the pictures of the Orks for details.

Please get back to me before the end of Monday, so I know whether we can sort out the Orks, or whether we just leave it at the Chaos Space Marines

Thank you

Liam.

RE: Are we still on for a deal RE: Orks‏
Sent: 09 August 2009 22:04:58
To: liam loftus (heavy_soulster@hotmail.com)

sell them and the problems arent mine its theres

I then decided to try and sell my orks on ebay and as such posted an ad on the forum to which i received the following email:

LiamRe: Dorian Black's Ebay sales listings (Orks, misc)
Sent: 14 Sep 2009, 05:13
by woogler
Subject: Dorian Black's Ebay sales listings (Orks, misc)
dorian black wrote:I have now put my Orks up on Ebay, they all have BIN prices, but also have a best offer option as well, so if you are interested, then make me an offer, and you'll never know.

Here's the link, there is other stuff up there, and more to come including some LOTR stuff: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/elysian1979/m.html

Plus I'm may just see if anyone fancies some Space Marines on here before trying to sell them on Ebay as well.

I want ur orks & marines mate so photos again lets chat pull them from ebay sell them the honourable way ............................to me

Re: Dorian Black's Ebay sales listings (Orks, misc)
Sent: 14 Sep 2009, 08:29
by dorian black
Hi, if you go though Ebay, and either Buy it Now or Make me a Best Offer, you should get the Orks cheaper than we originally agreed.

As for the Marines, i would need some form of Guarantee that the deal would be completed in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks

Liam

• Sent: 14 Sep 2009, 23:07
by woogler
• mate got no ebay account so I want both armies and have picked up 3 months work so money isnt a hassle , pull all of ebay and give me a total price marine,guard and ork ...................dave

• Sent: 14 Sep 2009, 23:50
by dorian black
• The Guard are not for sale, I'm 1 week into a long campaign with my gaming friends, plus my good friend has arranged an IG vs Tau Apocalypse game with him when it return to my hometown next year

The orks have a list price of £710, however it's cost me £10 to list them, it wouldn't take too much to set up an ebay account.

The Marines, well i'll take pictures of them, the Scouts were £330 retail, so am looking for about £250 for them and will include the case they are in, the Battle Company, part Battle Company, part 1st Company and Ancients Assault Force i hven't worked out the prices for those yet, as a couple of the Dreads are FW models, and i have at least 4 Limited Edition models in the collection, which would raise the price.

Liam
Sent: 15 Sep 2009, 12:36
by dorian black
Hi Dave,

How quick do you think we could sort out a deal for the Orks? What i'd like to do is send you the whole force, but do it in stages, preferably 2 forces at a time, this is to save on postage costs.

If you are agreeable to this and can commit to getting the deal up and running this week, then i'll be more than happy to pull the Ork from Ebay, then once we have sorted out the Orks, we can then move onto the Space Marines.

Thanks

Liam
Sent: 16 Sep 2009, 01:35
by woogler
cant do anything til next week mate just started a new job , so wont b cashed up til then

Sent: 16 Sep 2009, 07:49
by dorian black
Ok, I'll leave them up on ebay for now, there hasn't been any interest yet, If you still want them next week, and commit, then I'll take them down and we can thrash out a deal for them, once that's cleared, if you still want the Marines, we can move onto them, how does that sound?

Sent: 16 Sep 2009, 11:36
by woogler
I dont want them to go , so please pull them off and I will pay u within 2 weeks and thats a final deal mate

Sent: 18 Sep 2009, 14:17
by dorian black
How do you want to pay for and have the orks sent David? By that I mean do you want them all sent at once and paid for all at once, or split down into smaller lots?

cheers

Liam

Sent: 19 Sep 2009, 07:42
by woogler
all at once same as the marines mate

Sent: 19 Sep 2009, 08:31
by dorian black
Ok, just to make you aware that the postage will be pretty high for both the Orks and the Marines, an i'll let you know what it is, when i get the stuff weighed.

Thanks

Sent: 21 Sep 2009, 19:57
by dorian black
Hello,

I'm hoping to get the orks weighed this weekend, do you think we could get something sorted early next week?

Cheers

Liam

Sent: 22 Sep 2009, 10:07
by woogler
thats my plan

Sent: 27 Sep 2009, 12:31
by dorian black
Hi David,

Just been to the post office to get a quote.

To have the Orks sent all in 1 go, and to have it fully insured for the total cost of the contents, they gave me a quote of...........£140 for postage by international global priority mail (this is via Parcelforce Worldwide) - also included is the packing costs as well.

They did say that if i broke the box down into smaller packages of 2kg, it should work out a bit cheaper (mainly due to the fact the weight would be less and also the insurance quote would also be less), so it's all up to you, we can go for the biggie all in 1 go version or you can buy the lot off me, but we could do it in 2kg boxes (the grand total was nearly 8kg for the big box, so i'd imagine it would be 3, maybe 4 individual packages maximum).

Let me know how you want to play this, and when we've dealt with this, then we can move onto sorting out the space marines.

Many thanks

Liam

Sent: 03 Oct 2009, 12:49
by dorian black
Hi david, just missed you on here, just wondering if we are still going ahead, because if we are able to get payment sorted out, i should be able to get the stuff in the post if not next weekend, then the earl part of that following week.

hope you're well

Liam

I then moved to hotmail to try and contact David, as that is how we worked in the past:

To: heavy_soulster@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Orks
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 22:35:59 +1000

so whats the grand total

Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 19:29:29 +0000

Ok, for the Orks including postage, £840 (£700 for the Orks and £140 to cover the postage)

Liam

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:24:59 +0000

Hi david, will it be an e-cheque again or a staight up paypal payment, because if it's the e-cheque, there'll be the little wait like last time for it to clear, if it's paypal, it should go through straight away and we should be able to get the stuff in the post at the weekend.

cheers

Liam

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:35:11 +1000

not sure til thursday when I get payed mate

Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:45:53 +0000

Hello mate, just to let you know, if you're still interested in the orks, i'm going to keep the Blood Axe stuff as i've always had a soft spot for them, and as such will knock off £120 off the final total, so instead of £840, it'll be £720.

cheers

Liam

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:21:33 +1000

thats ok

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:29:27 +0000

so are we on our way to having the deal completed?

cheers
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:01:27 +0000

Hi David, you did say you'd let me know if we could conclude the deal on thursday just gone, are we still on or off?

Thanks

Liam

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:08:26 +0000

Hello David.

How are you?

Please can you let me know the status of this deal ASAP, as to whether you are still proceeding with the purchase of my orks and then the future possibility of purchasing my Space Marines?

thanks

Liam

This is all of the contact we have had, and it seems after offering me assurances that things would be sorted out in better time this time around, promises haven't been kept and now he's gone silent on me, so i feel that i have had my time wasted and it's cost me in ebay insertion fees.
Trading Threads: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=88588 ebay for Goblins, Dwarfs, books etc etc
bielmic ( 140 )
Resident Trader

Re: woogler/David Geale - backout

Post by bielmic »

i'd leave feedback on him as this has been going on for over two months now. after 2 1/2 months, multiple PM's, and broken promises, i'd be suprised if you got your money. he's also been reported in the bad trader froum if you want to check out details there.

MOD EDIT: Hello! The accusations you had in this post have been deleted due to your ignorance of the rules. No adding onto a BO/DB thread. If you have sufficient evidence he did the same thing to you, then create your own thread.

Anyone else out there that feels like adding on, "He did it to me too!" posts; then be prepared to be ridiculed.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Give him a negative. Others need to be warned. Traders (traitors??) like this have no place at Bartertown.
dorian black ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by dorian black »

Yeah, same story with me on the original trade for my Chaos, took nearly 2 months to get the money.

He also has more than one address as in the other thread he has given a different address to the one he gave me
Trading Threads: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=88588 ebay for Goblins, Dwarfs, books etc etc
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

dorian black wrote:Yeah, same story with me on the original trade for my Chaos, took nearly 2 months to get the money.

He also has more than one address as in the other thread he has given a different address to the one he gave me
Make sure you give him negative feedback to reflect his inability to follow through with his completed deals.

Not everyone checks these boards.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”