EmpireGeneral8116 - Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

EmpireGeneral8116 - Backout

Post by darkjedilaw »

About at the end of my good will here. I knew the guy had a history on slow trades, but it looked like he had cleaned up his act to the point that he at least was coming through on deals. If anyone knows him, please have him get in touch with me. I'm of the opinion that I will be posting neg feedback on this in 3 days given that he's pulled this before -and- he told me he was sending it two weeks ago. He was even getting the higher value out of this deal.

Re: FOW British for sale or trade LATE WAR
Sent: September 9th, 2009, 10:25 am
by darkjedilaw
Saw your listing.

I'm interested in the following
25 lb box
17lbs AT blister
mortar platoon
mrotar carriers

Ive got the nebelwerfers taht came in the 2. SS box. One launcher has been assembled, primed. The rest bare metal.
I've also got the ltd ed Gazbag model for fantasy orcs and goblins that came with Warhammer Online.

If you have any of that left, let me know what you would want cash wise to make up a difference. thanks.

Subject: FOW British for sale or trade LATE WAR
EmpireGeneral8116 wrote:I have the following Late war British stuff, all are new in box or packages unless stated otherwise:

"5.5" Medium Artillery Battery box BBX13
25lb Gun battery box
Mortar Platoon BR725
Sherman armoured platoon box (with firefly) BBX08
4 quad gun tractors
2 17lb AT guns (1 assembled and primed black, all mold lines removed)
1 HMG platoon (vickers) BR724
2 Mortar carriers (primed black)
Tom Stanley 6lb platoon BBX14
3rd Canadian Division Dice set
D Day book
Montys meat grinder book
M3 Halftrack (primed black, plastic parts)

Will trade for any of the following:

Late War German Stuff (any)
Late War American Stuff (any)
Warhammer Fantasy Orks & Goblins

Sent: September 10th, 2009, 10:10 pm
by EmpireGeneral8116
Hi, would you be interested in buying the whole army for 200?

Sent: September 11th, 2009, 12:20 pm
by darkjedilaw
Just can't swing it with the cash to buy the whole army. Sorry. If you were interested in Privateer Press Menoth or possibly space marines, I could trade some more and then do a bit more in your favor.

Sent: September 12th, 2009, 2:20 pm
by EmpireGeneral8116
what do you have for menoth and space marines?
Sent: September 12th, 2009, 4:42 pm
by darkjedilaw
I would have to do a count on the Menoth stuff, as I haven't broken it out in a bit. It would be the solid basis for an army.

Severius
high reclaimer
Repenter
revenger
2 choirs
Vanquisher
2 Reedmers
1 full flameguard with attachemtns
1 full deliverer
2 Paladins
2 seneschals
full zealots with monolith bearer
2 units 6 knights exemplar
full unit knights errant
1 gaurdian
1 reckoner
2 sunbursts...might be missing some crew there
2 devouts
1 amon ad raza ---might be missing part of his weapon.
1 e testement
1 e kreoss
1 castigator
1 vilmon
2 dervish
1 reclaimer
1 e Severious
1 Covenant
1 reznik
1 Visgoth and bodyguards

As you can see, its a fair ammount. I woudl be willing to work soemthign out for this for you brits.

marines....I have a landraider crusader, NIB, and a landspeeder, still on spue.

Let me know if you are interested.
Sent: September 12th, 2009, 9:38 pm
by EmpireGeneral8116
what condition is the menoth stuff in?

Sent: September 12th, 2009, 11:33 pm
by darkjedilaw
MOstly assembled and bare. Some is painted...delivers, a jack or two, some knights exemplar. Some will be primed. One the whole though, bare metal.

Sent: September 13th, 2009, 4:04 pm
by darkjedilaw
So, what are your thoughts in working out a deal?

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 6:47 am
by EmpireGeneral8116
I like the idea, i thought of getting into warmachine because theres a big following at my local store. how did you wanna trade? lot for lot?

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 7:41 am
by darkjedilaw
Let me do a quick count on the relative values of each lot. Tenatively, I will say yeah, lets pull the trigger on this. Quick question...where do you live? I would be shipping this stuff with some of the USPS flat rate boxes as it will weigh a metric crap ton, and just need to make sure we aren't talking overseas here.

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 8:03 am
by darkjedilaw
Alright, did a rough estimate using thewarstore.com and looks like I'm about twice value. That in and of itself doesn't really detere me, I just have to ask if you might have the odd Churchill Croc, Typhoons, maybe the new North Africa book?

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 10:11 am
by EmpireGeneral8116
thsts all i have for that army, it does retail at about 380.00 so if you want, just send me that much in trade value

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 10:38 am
by darkjedilaw
Well, we have a deal then. I'll probably keep a painted piece or two, probably put them up on eBay to see if I can scratch up the cash for another box of 25 lbrs, some churchills or some typhoons. Between what you have and what I already have for the Brits, I should be able to put a rifle company down pretty easily and just a few shermans short of an armored company.

Given the difeerence in trade ratings, do you mind shipping first? My address is

DJ Law
XXXXX
XXXXX

Let me know your address and I can start getting things together to get them out.

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 2:48 pm
by EmpireGeneral8116
I will ship first, my address is

Jonathan Baez
po box 7535
chestnut mountain GA

I wont be able to send until friday, as thats my pay day, but i will provide you with a tracking number. and thaks alot!

Sent: September 14th, 2009, 8:00 pm
by darkjedilaw
No problem. I know how long it seems at time will pay day.

Sent: September 22nd, 2009, 3:35 pm
by darkjedilaw
Curious to know if the package shipped and if so, if you have a tracking #.

Sent: September 25th, 2009, 7:35 pm
by darkjedilaw
It's been a week since you stated that you would ship and I have not heard anything regarding a DC# or what the situation is, nor have I recieved a package. 7 days shipping within the US should have arrived by now.

Let me know the status as soon as you can. I see you have logged in an recieved both my previous PMs since we confirmed the trade.

Sent: September 26th, 2009, 3:04 pm
by EmpireGeneral8116
hey sorry for the inconvenience, im just getting caught up with my trades, i had severl medical emergencies and surgeries to attend to at the hospital work has been hectic. im getting everything out by saturday i dident forget you.

Sent: September 26th, 2009, 5:18 pm
by darkjedilaw
No problem, I know life can get in the way, just hadn't heard anything and wanted to make sure we were still on

Sent: October 2nd, 2009, 4:54 pm
by darkjedilaw
Looking forward to hearing that you got the package out by tomorrow. That will be one Sat. since you said you would have the package out as agreed upon.
This game is the Parchisi of my people.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: EmpireGeneral8116 - Backout

Post by starslayer »

Again with this guy. Maybe he had a nother house fire. I dont know why he didnt get a negative before.....
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

starslayer wrote:Again with this guy. Maybe he had a nother house fire. I dont know why he didnt get a negative before.....
Can you link the appropriate thread for the OP?
Thanks.
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

I've got the original issues here.

viewtopic.php?t=72277

Contacted that OP, he said EmpireGeneral8116 was slow, but eventually got things done.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

darkjedilaw wrote:I've got the original issues here.

viewtopic.php?t=72277

Contacted that OP, he said EmpireGeneral8116 was slow, but eventually got things done.
Doesnt matter. It was still an option to leave a negative/neutral to warn others.(like yourself)
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

Still no response from him. I just sent him the following PM and will be posting a neg shortly.

Sent: less than a minute ago
by darkjedilaw

It has now been over a month since our original agreement, and over 2 weeks since you stated you were still going to ship.

I now consider this a backout on your part and our trade is null and void. If, when you do recieve this, and you are still interested, contact me and if I still have the items, I will consider reopening the trade. However, I cannot continue to sit on these on the off chance you might someday come through with our trade.

In addition, I am posting a negative reference to your account. I feel this is justified on two grounds 1) You have a prior history of, if not backouts, then exceptionally slow trades. 2) Not only did you not ship when you initially stated that you were, you did not ship the second time when you said you were.

I've posted this in the Backout discussion area, should you wish to follow it further. In the future, before you commence trading again, I hope you budget sufficient time and effort to follow through on your promises.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

BRAVO!
You did the right thing. Warn others about this guy.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Nicely done. Very clear in the reasoning and still gives him a chance to make good on the deal.
darkjedilaw wrote:Still no response from him. I just sent him the following PM and will be posting a neg shortly.

Sent: less than a minute ago
by darkjedilaw

It has now been over a month since our original agreement, and over 2 weeks since you stated you were still going to ship.

I now consider this a backout on your part and our trade is null and void. If, when you do recieve this, and you are still interested, contact me and if I still have the items, I will consider reopening the trade. However, I cannot continue to sit on these on the off chance you might someday come through with our trade.

In addition, I am posting a negative reference to your account. I feel this is justified on two grounds 1) You have a prior history of, if not backouts, then exceptionally slow trades. 2) Not only did you not ship when you initially stated that you were, you did not ship the second time when you said you were.

I've posted this in the Backout discussion area, should you wish to follow it further. In the future, before you commence trading again, I hope you budget sufficient time and effort to follow through on your promises.
Skol!

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”