Backout - Maelx

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

fitterpete ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by fitterpete »

"but it's my permanent address in another city' doesnt it sound like he doesn't want to use it?
sorry about the quote thing Gov I can't ever get that thing to work :lol:
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck
govannon ( 116 )
Resident Trader

Post by govannon »

md02geist wrote:
govannon wrote:
fitterpete wrote:The shipping to canada thing is a moot point.The terms of a confirmed address were not met.That's it guys, he can now call off the deal.Regardless of any other circumstances or other motives he has the right to call off the deal.He doesn't have to give him the chance to fix it either.
If I say in my add that you must answer all my PMs with 5 smiley faces on them and you don't, you broke my trade rules and I can call it off.
And a negative reference for a back out like this? C'mon you're kidding me..
He did not have to let him fix it, but he did agree to let him fix it. Then in the next PM he said that he would not cover the shipping as promised. If he had not agreed to allow him to fix it, then I would agree with you. He told him it needed fix to complete the deal. Then was told that he did have another confirmed address to ship to. Then he said he would not cover shipping.

George

Re: Lictors for Paypal
Sent: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:02 pm
by md02geist

I just checked and you have an unconfirmed paypal address, and the item is not eligible for shipping protection. Unfortunately until you remedy this problem, I cannot allow you to purchase these -- particularly since you are in another country. Very sorry.

Re: Lictors for Paypal
Sent: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm
by Maelx

md02geist wrote:
I just checked and you have an unconfirmed paypal address, and the item is not eligible for shipping protection. Unfortunately until you remedy this problem, I cannot allow you to purchase these -- particularly since you are in another country. Very sorry.

Unconfirmed? I must have unconfirmed during my move, unfortunately. Why do I need to confirm my address before you ship the models? I have another, confirmed address you could also ship to, but it's my permanent address in another city.

By telling him that the situation must be correted, and by him responding with arguments that he shouldn't have to, hasn't he already been given his chance at this point and decided to refuse it with arguments anyways? And once again, if his other address is in Canada, it still isn't confirmed as we've cleared the fact that he can't get a confirmed address outside of the U.S.

I appreciate where you are coming from but I've already gone over this, and as I've stated multiple times, I realize that me mentioning the shipping came across as a refusal to ship due to his location, but my point was I simply cannot afford to ship him free minis, particularly to an unconfirmed address. I'm not sure how I can make this clearer, but I am trying. It wasn't my intent to deny him the items due to his location (as he claims) but it was indeed my intent to deny him the items based on his unconformed address (which I am well within my rights to do).
Did you not read my other post. Paypal does confirm address in Canada! After he asked why, he then said that he had another address that is confirmed.

Maelx wrote:
Unconfirmed? I must have unconfirmed during my move, unfortunately. Why do I need to confirm my address before you ship the models? I have another, confirmed address you could also ship to, but it's my permanent address in another city.

Did you read his last sentence?

George
If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my underwear!

Buy, sell or trade....it's all the same to me. Lower refs pays/ships first!

Tyrants can not be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent.
govannon ( 116 )
Resident Trader

Post by govannon »

fitterpete wrote:"but it's my permanent address in another city' doesnt it sound like he doesn't want to use it?
sorry about the quote thing Gov I can't ever get that thing to work :lol:
The first time I used the quote function I had a hard time getting it to do right.

This is why in one of my first posts that I said they are both at fault and both need the refs they got. I don't think they should be changed, but IMO if one of them does get changed it should be Maelx. So, I say don't change either one.

George

Tyrants can not be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent.
md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by md02geist »

From Paypal's Site:

How a Buyer Can Confirm an Address
Inform your buyer on how to confirm his or her address, by communicating the following options:
Add a credit card to your PayPal account. PayPal will confirm the credit card billing address (i.e., the address where you receive your credit card statement).
Apply for PayPal Buyer Credit. If you’re approved, the address on your application will be a Confirmed Address.
Alternate address confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Alternate Address Confirmation page.

If he has an alternate paypal account, it is in the US. Had he provided that, I would've shipped to his US account and covered shipping. The paypal address he gave me was a Canadian address and UNCONFIRMED, and thus I was not obligated to the deal that I was required to ship to him and pay shipping as I clearly stated confirmed address only.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
Positive ref left for positive ref.
md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by md02geist »

And to be honest, I did not read all of your posts because they're all pretty long and you've made a ton of them. I'm not sure why this thread has become your personal crusade but you are well entitled to your opinions, and I welcome them. It never hurts to see thing from the other side.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
fitterpete ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by fitterpete »

I can understand that.My thinking is they should both be given the chance to retract the negs and if both agree they should lose them.A negative is a hard thing to have around, especially for something as stupid as this is.Course we're not the ones making that descision.
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck
md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by md02geist »

I agree that it is stupid, and had Maelx not gone out of his way to leave me a negative (you can see his was clearly left first) and make a post about me in the deadbeat forums (again, you can clearly see his was first) I would've just gone about my business and let the whole thing slide.
govannon ( 116 )
Resident Trader

Post by govannon »

md02geist wrote:From Paypal's Site:

How a Buyer Can Confirm an Address
Inform your buyer on how to confirm his or her address, by communicating the following options:
Add a credit card to your PayPal account. PayPal will confirm the credit card billing address (i.e., the address where you receive your credit card statement).
Apply for PayPal Buyer Credit. If you’re approved, the address on your application will be a Confirmed Address.
Alternate address confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Alternate Address Confirmation page.

If he has an alternate paypal account, it is in the US. Had he provided that, I would've shipped to his US account and covered shipping. The paypal address he gave me was a Canadian address and UNCONFIRMED, and thus I was not obligated to the deal that I was required to ship to him and pay shipping as I clearly stated confirmed address only.
That is why his alternate address (the address he used) is not confirmed. You can't have an alternate confirmed address in Canada.
He said his permanent address is confirmed. You can have a primary confirmed address in Canada.
md02geist wrote:And to be honest, I did not read all of your posts because they're all pretty long and you've made a ton of them. I'm not sure why this thread has become your personal crusade but you are well entitled to your opinions, and I welcome them. It never hurts to see thing from the other side.
Maybe I am just trying to catch up to MM in post count :lol:

md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by md02geist »

If he had a primary address that was confirmed, he should have provided it. He did not.
nitsky416 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nitsky416 »

md02geist wrote:If he had a primary address that was confirmed, he should have provided it. He did not.
This looks like the crux of the issue to me. If he has a confirmed address but can't receive packages there (due to being in school or whatever) then he should've just passed up on the trade. I can understand geist wanting a confirmed address even if he's not the one shipping first, because an unconfirmed one sets him up for a chargeback by maelx after the goods are received, with no way for geist to dispute it. THAT sucks.

If this were me I'd probably have left a neutral because of the backout, or just posted in the backouts forum (like geist did). I don't think a negative is really warranted on either end, especially for geist since he had clearly laid out the terms beforehand.

The shipping cost to Canada thing is a side issue, and again if it were me I would've eaten it and learned to say 'I'll pay reasonable shipping within the US' or something in my posts from now on. At worst maybe asked the other guy to pick up the difference, especially since Paypal takes a chunk of the money anyways.
My eBay Feedback
No Pictures? You ship first.
Lower Rating? You ship first.
Questions? Email me!
md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by md02geist »

I would've been happy to work some sort of deal with sharing the shipping costs, if he'd had a confirmed address for me to ship to. But you're right, the shipping thing is totally a side issue at this point -- the real issues is the lack of confirmed address, which was a requirement in my sales thread.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

md02geist wrote:I would've been happy to work some sort of deal with sharing the shipping costs, if he'd had a confirmed address for me to ship to. But you're right, the shipping thing is totally a side issue at this point -- the real issues is the lack of confirmed address, which was a requirement in my sales thread.
So, out of curiosity here, if he paid via Paypal with the alternate address, would you cover the shipping? Since that is what your ad stated?
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by Maelx »

md02giest, you specifically stated "can't ship to canada" after I told you I had an alternate confirmed address. That's the crux of the issue.
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by Maelx »

nitsky416 wrote:If he has a confirmed address but can't receive packages there (due to being in school or whatever) then he should've just passed up on the trade.
Just to note nit, I did say I had a confirmed address and he could ship there instead. If you'll notice it was ignored.
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by Maelx »

JohnHwangBT wrote:As a Canuck, Maelx should know very well that international post costs more than domestic, and not providing his address up front isn't right.
I shouldn't assume everyone on the internet is Amercian, and I'm not sure if you noticed, but it states very clearly in my signature that I'm from Toronto, Ontario.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”