Grimm: Deadbeat & Total Timewaster

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

gamefusion ( 618 )
Millenium Trader

Grimm: Deadbeat & Total Timewaster

Post by gamefusion »

First one of these I've ever posted. This guy made a deal with me, then kept pushing back the date when he'd allegedly be able to send his end of the trade. Then he just stopped responding altogether. It's been just short of a month now, and I know I'm never gonna see him come through with his side of this.

He's been reading my PMs, not responding, and even though I can see that he's been visiting the site regularly, he decided not to complete his end of the deal, or even get back to me to try and work something out.

Here goes:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Fri May 29, 2009 9:13 am
by gamefusion

Hi

I have a bunch of near-perfect 2nd edition D&D stuff for trade.

I've got:
-the player's handbook, The last printing, one with the black cover & spine
-the DMG, the last printing, one with the black cover & spine
-the last 2nd edition Ravenloft setting hardcover book, the one with the black spine and the brown/sepia artwork "Domains of Dread"
-complete psionics handbook
-complete thief's handbook
-complete paladin's handbook
-complete book of dwarves
-complete wizard's handbook

Everything is mint or near-mint, with the exception of the thieves & paladins handbooks, which have really minor shelf-wear on the back covers (they had those secondary paper panels on them, and those have some really light rubbing spots from being on the shelf for years)

I'm interested in your 7th Sea books, if they're the ones from AEG, not the D20/D&D system ones. Basically the player's guide, the game master's guide and the nation books.

Let me know if you're interested in what I've got.

Regards,
-Ulf
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Sat May 30, 2009 7:59 am
by grimm

hello there i was out of town for a few days so i just got the chance to check everything
luck for both of us maybe the 7th sea books are the aeg ones but if you read the listing you know that the players guide is coming apart at the spine like i said if you know much about this companys books you know there notorious for this defect
but except for this 1 flaw everything else is in immaculate condition if you want to go on with a trade let me know and we can work out the perticulars from there

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 am
by gamefusion

Hi

The damage on the spine is no big deal. I can pull the pages and put them into a three-ring binder in those slick page-sleeve things.

I'd definitely like those four books I mentioned; the player's guide, the GM's guide, and the two nation books. I'd ideally be interested in the GM screen as well.

And you already know what I have to trade. Any/all of that is up for grabs.

There are two things I would need to know before I can commit to a trade, however. First, are you located within the US? I'm not looking to do any international trades at this time. Second, considering your 0 rating, would you be willing to ship first, please?

I only ship with Delivery Confirmation, and I will send you the DC# when your package has gone out. I would ask that you do the same. I don't much care about which shipping method you use (UPS, USPS, FedEx....), so long as I can get a DC#.

If you agree to those shipping terms, I think we can make something happen here. My ZIP code is 96003, if you need that to calculate shipping.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,
-Ulf
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Sat May 30, 2009 3:23 pm
by grimm

theres 3 nations books castille eisen and pirate nations
but all sounds good to me are you wanting to trade all the dnd books for this?
but of course it will be monday before i can ship out

Sent: Sat May 30, 2009 3:37 pm
by gamefusion

Hi

By the way, what's your name? I feel kind of odd talking trade with you, and not knowing at least how to address you.

I'm fine with the trade as stated. It would be;

MY:
-the player's handbook, The last printing, one with the black cover & spine
-the DMG, the last printing, one with the black cover & spine
-the last 2nd edition Ravenloft setting hardcover book, the one with the black spine and the brown/sepia artwork "Domains of Dread"
-complete psionics handbook
-complete thief's handbook
-complete paladin's handbook
-complete book of dwarves
-complete wizard's handbook

For YOUR:
7th sea roleplaying game players guide(i believe the same company that made the 5 rings books made these books because the players guide is also come loose at the spine but its all here and in excelent condition except for this)
7th sea gamemasters guide
nations of theah book 4 eisen
nations of theah book 5 castille
last but not least very rare oop nations of theah book 1 pirate nations
the 7th sea GM screan book but i dont have the quick refrence screan some clown stole the book cover

If you want to throw in the villains book, I would definitely take it. I already have it, but someone in my group could make use of it, I'm sure.

Let me know, and we can finalize the deal. Once we've both exchanged addresses, we'll have a trade going. How does that sound?

My address is:

Ulf Schlender
830 Mission Sierra Ct
Apt. A
Redding, CA, 96003

Thanks!
-Ulf

Sent: Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 am
by grimm

hi Ulf,
all sounds good to me. i should be able to ship out by friday(thats payday for me). and of course i know the lower rating ships first i have a friend who uses B.Town some so its all good
my name is mike btw. and here is my info

Mike Jarreau
7567 Impson St
Denham Springs,La.

Will be shipping out as following
7th sea players guide
7th sea gamemasters guide
7th sea GM screan without the cover
the castille guide
the eisen guide
and the pirate nations guide

all looks good looking forward to a good round of trading
Mike

Sent: Sun May 31, 2009 6:52 am
by grimm

oops forgot to say in the shipping list
the villains book will be shipped out too

Sent: Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 pm
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Awesome! Sounds like a plan.

Shoot me a PM with the DC# when you've sent the books. I don't mind the week wait before shipment. I'm in no particular hurry.

I'll send your D&D books as soon as I receive the 7th Sea stuff, and PM you with a DC# at that time.

Thanks for the good trade, and the good communication!

Later,
-Ulf

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 am
by grimm

hey slime 1 quick question you want a delivery confermation is that the same as a tracking number?

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:37 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

"Slime"?

But yeah, any kind of tracking info is fine. Just so we can both keep an eye on the package, and you know when it's arrived.

Later,
-Ulf

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 am
by grimm

did i call u slime? lol oops sorry i had another guy im making a trade with named porkuslime.
ok all good il have a tracking number to go with the merchandise

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:28 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

No worries. Thought for a moment you were insulting me there......

Later,
-Ulf

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:59 pm
by grimm

heheh
rule #1 never insult someone your making a trade with
rule #2 never insult someone your making a trade with

Sent: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:09 pm
by gamefusion

Yes, words to live by.... words to live by.

And then here's where it started going wrong. Everything was cordial and seemed fine up to this point. After this, you'll start seeing multiple posts from me in a row, and him promising to send the books a bunch of times. In one of the last posts, i summarized the timeline for him, just so he had it in front of him. I hoped that would motivate him to come through. Looks like I was wrong about that.

Sent: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:51 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Just wanted to drop you a line, see where we stand with those 7th Sea books.

Thanks!
-Ulf

Sent: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:00 pm
by grimm

looking for a box thats not to big that will hold the books so shipping wont hurt so much but i plan on shipping today if ups is open

Sent: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 pm
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Cool. No rush, I just wanted to touch base with you is all.

Thanks!
-Ulf

Sent: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Any word on that shipment of books? Last I heard from you was that you would be sending them on Saturday. It's now tuesday, and I haven't received any PMs from you with a delivery confirmation #, or even confirming that the books were mailed out. Please let me know where we stand.

Regards,
-Ulf

Sent: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:10 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

I haven't heard from you in a week. You had said you were shipping the books out this past Saturday.

I saw that you've logged in since I sent you my last PM, but you've not responded. I'm starting to get concerned that this trade isn't going to go through.

Please get back to me and let me know where we're at. As far as I was concerned, we had a trade finalized and set up. If I don't hear back from you by Monday (which will be two weeks past the date on which you originally said you'd send the books), I'm going to consider this a back-out on your part.

Thanks!
-Ulf

Sent: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:44 pm
by grimm

sorry ulf im trying to get the books to you but my wife is paying the bills atm il let you know as soon as i ship out thats the only problem im having is coming up with the shipping cost as my job is slow at the moment
mike

Sent: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:52 pm
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Can you give me some kind of reasonably firm shipping date?

I'm okay to wait a little while longer, and I understand the financial issue. Just please keep in touch and keep me in the loop as far as what's going on. It's when I don't hear anything and I have no idea if the stuff is on its way or not that I start feeling uneasy.

Please let me know. I can't imagine they would cost that much to ship, if you used USPS Media Mail, for example. It's pretty inexpensive compared to Priority Mail, and weight isn't as much of an issue with it as it is with UPS or FedEx.

-Ulf

Sent: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:34 pm
by grimm

hey man yeah i know shipping is not to much but my paycheck is direct draft into the bank, the wife pays bills and tells me after so im always in a bind and im working nights and have not been at the comp in a few days but yes you are right about coraspondance and i will keep you informed i should have a free check this week and will send out sometime this week sorry about the delay

Sent: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

It's been about another week. Where are we at?

Regards,
-Ulf

Sent: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:22 pm
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

My last PM to you went from my outbox to my sent box, so I know you received it. But I still haven't heard back from you.

If you can't ship the books to me by this upcoming Tuesday, I'm going to have no choice but to consider this a back-out on your part. If I haven't gotten a PM from you by midnight on Tuesday with a delivery confirmation number or some sort of tracking number, I'm going to consider this trade a failure.

That's three days from now, so there's plenty of time for you to get the books in the mail and get back to me.

Here's the timeline for this trade, so far:
The original ship date you gave me was Monday, June 1st.

Then it was changed to Friday June 5th.

Then you said you planned on shipping them out on Saturday the 6th.

Then you didn't actually ship them, and when i asked you about it the following Tuesday, you didn't respond to my PM.

Then I heard back from you later that week, and on saturday the 13th you said that you would ship them out "this week".

It is now Saturday the 20th, and still no word.

I've been pretty patient, I think, but this trade is rapidly approaching one month of being in the planning stages, without your having shipped anything. Please send the books by this coming Tuesday, and everything will be fine. No harm, no foul.

But on Wednesday morning, if there's been no confirmation of shipment from you, I will have no choice but to conclude that you've simply decided not to send me anything and are just wasting my time.

Regards,
-Ulf

Sent: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 am
by gamefusion

Hi Mike

Well, thanks for alternatingly mis-representing your trade intentions, ignoring me and wasting my time.

Considering how patient I've been with this, I feel like you could at least have responded to some of my PMs, which you clearly received and read. But in addition to (apparently) being incapable of mailing a couple of books (even when given a month to do so), you also apparently felt comfortable disrespecting me by not even bothering to respond or trying to come up with some kind of resolution. Other than to repeatedly tell me that you'd be sending the books "this week".

I know you've been ignoring my PMs intentionally, by the way. I can see on your profile that the last time you visited the site was just this morning. About 3 hours before the time I started writing this, in fact. So clearly, had you intended to ship anything or even get in touch with me about this, you had plenty of opportunity to do so in time to salvage the trade.

This trade is off. As per my previous PM, it is Wednesday morning, I still haven't heard back from you, and I am now considering this a back-out on your part. I for one will avoid trading with you in the future, and I will certainly advise others to do the same. I will be submitting a Back-out report in the deadbeats/back-out section of the good/bad traders forum.

-Ulf

So, there you go. Hope no one else tries to trade with this guy. In my opinion he's clearly not ready for bartertown. If I'd sent him anything, this would have been a BTR, and he'd have gotten a negative ref. Since all he did was waste my time, it's just a deadbeat trade.
US Trades Only, please! International shipping is just getting too expensive.
The object of a game is to win. The point of a game is to have fun.
My trading rules:
1. Lower rating ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. Delivery confirmation is required on all US trades.
3. I will not mark an international package as a "gift". It's a felony, so please don't ask.

References owed to me by: noexit1982, paintballparkhurst, BrPrometheus, porkfriedricy, busby
gamefusion ( 618 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Grimm: Deadbeat & Total Timewaster

Post by gamefusion »

Whoops. Missed including the subject header in my copy-n-pasted PMs.

For the PMs before June 11th, it's this: Re: R.P. games for trade looking for 2nd edition AD&D

For the ones after June 11th, it's this: Re: 7th Sea Books?

Sorry about that. Got into kind of a rhythm with copy-n-pasting, and I guess I missed it on the first one, then carried that mistake through the remaining ones.
US Trades Only, please! International shipping is just getting too expensive.
The object of a game is to win. The point of a game is to have fun.
My trading rules:
1. Lower rating ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. Delivery confirmation is required on all US trades.
3. I will not mark an international package as a "gift". It's a felony, so please don't ask.

References owed to me by: noexit1982, paintballparkhurst, BrPrometheus, porkfriedricy, busby
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Grimm: Deadbeat & Total Timewaster

Post by MagickalMemories »

Not having the titles is fine, Ulf.
You've got all the pertinent info there.

I think you're justified.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”