Backout - Dead Memories

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Backout - Dead Memories

Post by gwaddict »

So after not hearing back from this guy for close to a week and trying to keep the deal together I am forced to post this backout report on Dead memories. I will be adding him to my not to bother with ever again list. Hopefully someone knows his real name / address cause I never got any of that information, which I find to be somewhat dodgy. So he will probably just change screen names and keep on with these shenanigans, hopefully he is just a deadbeat and not a con artist. What ever the case I definately would not ship to him first.

Paul

Re: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Thu May 14, 2009 12:51 pm
by gwaddict

Sorry I am a little bit confused, is the trade going to happen? you have written

**1 drop pod with CF markings- £18- Youll be getting a nib one
**5 metal sternguard-£25- again new set
5 metal vanguard-£25- new set

that would be fine to send for my Khador items that we previously discussed. I am patient just want to be kept in the loop. My other buyer/trader already found his items somewhere else so that ship has now sailed. Let me know if in fact the deal is going to happen and a rough estimate of when you plan to ship your portion.

PaulQuote Dead MemoriesRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Thu May 14, 2009 10:51 am
by Dead Memories

**1 drop pod with CF markings- £18- Youll be getting a nib one
**5 metal sternguard-£25- again new set
**1 FW vindicator-£30- have 3 of these in total
5 metal vanguard-£25- new set
2 rhino`s/ whirlwinds/ razorbacks-£40- have multiple ones of these
3 scout bikers- £18- have another6 in total
thunderfire cannon-£30- have 2 of these
1 land raider redemer- FW cf doors- £45 have 2 of these

Yeah its a bit of a mess at the minute. Unfortunately some people clearly didn`t read what my thread said originally when i said this is not all my stuff listed, Its a portion of it. I do have multiples of a lot of items, ie the cannon and drop pods etc..Try collecting for 14 + years and working with GW for 4 of them and see if you know everything you have. In between moving and having limited internet its been hell. For the minute take what trades you can get cos i`m gonna have to sort out some issues. In all likelyhood I`ll probably not be on here and will be trying to deal with people via my other sources ie e mail and what not. Sorry about the mess. If i can get it sorted before you do trade then il get back to you. If you give me your e mail i can discuss trades further as i said im not likely to be here as ive also heard some of the people within my back out traders bit arent the best of traders themselvesRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Wed May 13, 2009 11:31 pm
by gwaddict

Howdy,
I noticed mention of you in the backout forums. Wanted to touch base and ensure that our deal was going through. I have passed on others peoples offer to purchase my items on the assumption that we had a deal finalized. Please get back to me quickly otherwise I will have to assume that you are backing out of our deal.

PaulRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Tue May 12, 2009 8:07 pm
by gwaddict

Touching base with you in regards to our trade. Please let me know when I can expect to receive your half of the trade so I can get your items shipped off to you. Have a good day.

Sincerely
Paul Demboski
Re: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Thu May 07, 2009 7:52 pm
by gwaddict

Howdy, wanted to touch base with you in regards to the trade we agreed to a little while back. Wanted to see if you happen to have a delivery confirmation number for the marine stuff you can shoot my way. I am excited about getting the trade finished. Have a great evening.

Sent: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:59 am
by gwaddict

I got your items packaged up, shoot me your address when you have a moment so I can finish packing. Also let me know when the marines ship. Pleasure trading with you.

Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm
by gwaddict

Sounds good.Quote Dead MemoriesRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:48 pm
by Dead Memories

the pod is built, all moving parts are working in fine condition. Ill get you my addy when im back home, heading there now. hate working into the nightRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:26 pm
by gwaddict

Excellent,
My address for shipment is

Paul Demboski

As soon as I receive the
1 drop pod with CF markings
5 metal sternguard
5 Metal Vanguard w jump packs

I will send off your khador items. It has been a pleasure bartering with you and I look forward to concluding the trade with you. I forgot to ask, regarding the drop pod is it painted/built or anything if so do the moving parts still move etc.

Shoot me your address when you have a moment so I can package up your items.

Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm
by Dead Memories

yes it does look good, sorry about the delays, im trying to answer pms when i can, been quiet busy at work so just hitting back when i get chanceRe: Warmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:03 pm
by gwaddict

Any news on the trade I suggested.

You send
1 drop pod with CF markings- $30.00
5 metal sternguard- $35.00
5 Metal Vanguard w jump packs $35.00

retail is $100.00

Upon receipt I will send you
Sorscha $7.99
Vlad $10.99
Juggernaught $29.99
Marauder $29.99
Iron fang uhlan blister $19.99
Eiryss $9.99
I will also throw in the following
Prime rulebook
Cards for all the models and some others
Any extra khador bitz, I may have around

$109 usd traded for

Let me know if this works I live in Southern California USA zip 90808.

I look forward to trading with you.

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:02 am
by gwaddict

Sorscha $7.99
Vlad $10.99
Juggernaught $29.99
Marauder $29.99
Iron fang uhlan blister $19.99
Eiryss $9.99
I also throw in the following
Prime rulebook
Cards for all the models and some others
Any extra khador bitz, I may have around

$109 usd traded for

1 drop pod with CF markings- $30.00
5 metal sternguard- $35.00
5 Metal Vanguard w jump packs $35.00

$100.00

Let me know if this works I live in Southern California USA zip 90808.

I look forward to trading with you.

Sent: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 am
by Dead Memories

**1 drop pod with CF markings- £18
**5 metal sternguard-£25
**1 FW vindicator-£30
5 metal vanguard-£25
2 rhino`s/ whirlwinds/ razorbacks-£40
3 scout bikers- £18
thunderfire cannon-£30
1 land raider redemer- FW cf doors- £45

Overall for that its 231 GBP`s. If you price yours up and we can take it form thereWarmachine for Space Marines
Sent: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 pm
by gwaddict

Wowzers, You have quite a few items on your haves list that I would be willing to trade for my Warmachine stuff. I have listed them below, I have put a star next to the items I am most interested in, and put them in order of most wanted. Let me know which of your items you want to trade for my warmachine, I will trade in your favor on a retail to retail basis. Lets make it happen

Crimson Fists

**1 drop pod with CF markings
**5 metal sternguard
**1 FW vindicator
5 metal vanguard
2 rhino`s/ whirlwinds/ razorbacks
3 scout bikers
thunderfire cannon
1 land raider redemer- FW cf doors

for

Sorscha
Vlad
Juggernaught
Marauder
Iron fang uhlan blister
Eiryss
I also have a copy of the prime rulebookQuote Dead MemoriesYour Warmachine
Sent: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:35 pm
by Dead Memories

I have a lot of tyranids and space marine stuff in my trade thread. If possible you could have a look and see if theres out youd take for all your warmachine
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
koschei-bezsmertnyi ( 176 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout - Dead Memories

Post by koschei-bezsmertnyi »

Okay, so now we have at least three people that he promised to trade the same items to, all around the same time frame. As I said in the other post, I do have his full name and address, but I hesitate to make it public until I'm sure the trade is a bust. I haven't received a reply in 8 days, and I'm going to wait another 6. I do hope his computer issues are genuine.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

I would definately not wait, and would post a backout report asap. Doesnt sound like this guy is all that trustworthy. Also posting his name and address will protect other bartertown users if and when he just switches his username, civic duty and all that. :-D
Rules
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
Gordo789 ( 12 )
New Trader

Post by Gordo789 »

I'm pretty sure that this guy scammed me as well. The trade was totally finalized and addresses exchanged with a shipping date agreed upon. Neither of us had trade rating at the time so we were just going to ship more or less simultaneously. Computer problems or not there is no reason why he couldn't have sent the stuff.

shipping addresses have been XXXXXX'd out.
Sent: Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm
by Gordo789

Hi Kev,

So I haven't heard from you in a little bit and am a little concerned since I sent my stuff out a few weeks ago now and haven't seen anything or heard anything from you. Please let me know what is up,

-Christian
Re: Trades
Sent: Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 am
by Gordo789

Hey Kev I just wanted to check and see if you had received my package and sent yours out? What is the status?

-Christian
Sent: Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 am
by Gordo789

Hey Kev,

Just wanted to let you know that I would be shipping out 1 day late, on Friday.

Thanks,

-Christian
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:56 am
by Gordo789

Ok Great,

I will go ahead and mail it out to you on Thursday.

-Christian
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:50 am
by Dead Memories

As the packages dont have a lot in them i doubt itll cost much.

My addy is:

XXXXXXXX

Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:45 am
by Gordo789

No it should be ok. Just ship to me whatever the most economical method is and I will do the same. No sense in spending a lot of money shipping a trade.

I'll just need your shipping address. I will ship Thursday as well.

-Christian
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 am
by Dead Memories

Ill be able to ship out come thursday as i get paid then. I am in the UK though, not sure if thatll cause you any problems?
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:42 am
by Gordo789

Yeah that sounds good for me.

So the trade will be

Goreshade and Deathwalker $13
2x Nightwretches $18
Bile Thralls x2 $10
Defiler $9

FOR
4 Chaos Terminators, 1 with Chainfist and Heavy flamer, the rest (3) with 2x Lightning claws.

I can ship this week sometime, USPS priority should be pretty cheap since it is not a lot of stuff.

My Shipping Address is

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Let me know what your shipping address is
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 am
by Dead Memories

2x Nightwretches $18
Bile Thralls x2 $10
Defiler $9

$50 in total
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:30 am
by Gordo789

K cool,

so for the terminators and the bits to set them up like that, lets just work off quasi-retail values since they're used but also you are throwing in like extra bits so lets call it like $50 (sinice a box of 5 termi's can be had for like $50)

So for Cryx I can give you some combination of stuff, and I'll set some prices so you can decide

2x Nightwretches $18
Defiler $9
Necrotech + Scrap Thrall $13
Bile Thralls (3) $15 (or $5 each)
Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls $14

So you can have kind of a lot of that stuff. Like I said, I would trade ~$50 for ~$50 so however you wanna do it.
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:13 am
by Dead Memories

The terminators i can do that with no problem.

Down to what youd take for the cryx?
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 10:08 am
by Gordo789

Yeah my interest then would be primarily in the Terminators, specifically the Heavy Flamer/Chainfist guy, The 2x Lightning Claws Guy, And the other guy with a lightning claw and the Combi bolter.

If you have the spare bits my ideal terminator squad would have 3 Terminators with 2x Lightning claws, and 1 with a chainfist and heavy flamer.

I'm also interested in the 10 CSMs, but not as much.

Let me know if you think we can work something out for some of these Cryx.
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 9:01 am
by Dead Memories

The WB shoulder pads are easy to remove if youd not want them.

The 10 that are somewhat painted have boltguns. 1 has a melta gun and the other a flamer. The champion has a combi bolter and powe sword. The terminators are armed all different
Terminator 1: twin lightning claws
Terminator 2: lightning claw and combi bolter
Terminator 3: combi bolter and power maul
Terminator 4: combi bolter and power axe
Terminator 5: Combi melta and power axe
Terminator 6: combi bolter and powerfist
Terminator 7: Heavy flamer and chainfist
Terminator 8: combi bolter and power axe
Terminator 9: COmbi bolter an dpower axe
Terminator 10: combi flamer and power maul

I also have a tonne of spare terminator weapons as well as a squad of new thousand suns, plague marines, obliterators x8 and loads more
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 8:52 am
by Gordo789

Hey there,

Yeah I would be willing to ship internationally. I'm interested in Chaos Space Marines, but not with word bearer shoulder pads. You have 10 there that you say are half painted, how are they built, do you have any extra bits, and what would you want for them?

Also, you have chaos terminators, do you have any with 2x Lightning Claws? Heavy Flamers, or Reaper Autocannons?
Trades
Sent: Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 am
by Dead Memories

Hello mate, saw your trade in the PP forum. Was wondering do you ship internationally as id be quite interested in your cryx and have a large thread of trades myself if youd be interested in having a look
When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Gordo, start your own DB/BO trade report. Adding on to someone else's thread is just plain tacky and doesn't get the emphasis the issue needs.The more threads on the guy, the more people will think twice about trading with him (hopefully).
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

I hope people check the bad trader and back out forums before trading with someone but who knows. :-D
Rules
Gordo789 ( 12 )
New Trader

Post by Gordo789 »

Ironhide wrote:Gordo, start your own DB/BO trade report. Adding on to someone else's thread is just plain tacky and doesn't get the emphasis the issue needs.The more threads on the guy, the more people will think twice about trading with him (hopefully).
done AND done.
When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!
snakecharmer1 ( 79 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by snakecharmer1 »

Do you guys have the address of this guy?, if not i do-if this guy is based in the uk, he stiffed me a while ago and only sent me half of the items i was owed!
though i did forget to put one of the items in with my side so i got off lightly!
pm me if you need the address!

cheers
Snake

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”