Backout: ihate405

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

jlong05 ( 200 )
Bartertown Watchman

Backout: ihate405

Post by jlong05 »

So, I didn't want to do this, but I have waited enough time for delivery and he has now started ignoring PMs.

Begin of PM history:

Re: H: Skaven, O & G W: Lotr or cash
Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:59 pm
by jlong05
Subject: H: Skaven, O & G W: Lotr or cash
ihate405 wrote:Rohan
Theoden Foot and Mounted with shield and HA
Rohan Captain Foot and Mounted
Rohan Banner Bearer Foot and Mounted
Rohan Outriders
Riders of Rohan
Rohan Royal Guard Mounted

15 Plastic Balck orcs w/2hand weapons inc. cmd. ($20)
15 Plastic Black Orcs w/2 choppas inc. cmd (5 unassm.) ($20)

Hey. I have the following Rohan:

Theoden(from Warg Attack Box) mtd, unassembled NEW
15x Riders of Rohan, assembled and in various stages of paint. Some may need minor repairs for weapons(ask for details)
Eomer mtd(needs a new sword, bare metal)

Mainly I would be interested in the Plastic Black Orks you have. Let me know if you are interested in the Riders I have.

-John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:02 pm
by ihate405
How many are damaged ? I would be willing to trade for thoeden and the riders I already have eomir but thanks. Let meknow what is up with the riders and the amount of work done on them.

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:29 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:How many are damaged ? I would be willing to trade for thoeden and the riders I already have eomir but thanks. Let meknow what is up with the riders and the amount of work done on them.

Actually I dug them out and they are in better shape than I had originally thought. Here is a run down on the Rohan I have:

Theoden ft assembled bare
Theoden mtd(Warg Attack version) unassembled
3x Riders of Rohan Spear/Shield assmebled(2 white primed horses, 1 grey painted, riders in various stages of paint)
7x Rider of Rohan Hand Weapon/Shield(5 white primed horses, 1 brown, 1 fully painted, riders in various stages) 1 has a broken axe
5x Riders of Rohan Bow/NO SHIELDS(3 white horses, 1 fully painted, 1 new partially assembled, riders various stages)

Overall Retail Value is in the $75 - $80 range. I also have 4 additional horses in need of repairs. I would toss them in on any trade as I don't need them.

-John.

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:51 pm
by ihate405
Ok which thoeden is on ft.? I have the 1 from the heros of helms deep box. I am willing to let go the 30 or so black orcs plastics if thats what you are interested in let me kno.

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:03 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:Ok which thoeden is on ft.? I have the 1 from the heros of helms deep box. I am willing to let go the 30 or so black orcs plastics if thats what you are interested in let me kno.

It looks like a Helms deep pose. He has armour and his sword is held up and looks like his hair is sweeping across his face. Either way I will include it. I don't need it either. Would you trade all the Black Orcs(Plastic and Metal?) for everything I had(That would include the Ft Theoden and the Eomer and the extra riders needing repair.

I am basing value on 6 Riders = $25, 10 Black Orcs = $25. So just the riders(15 riders + the additional 4 needing repairs, mainly the horses need pinned as the ankle joints are very fragile, is $75 which would equal the 30 Black Orcs retail to retail. I was thinking the ft Theoden, and Mounted Theoden and mtd Eomer would work to counter the additional Orcs. I can even include the Mounted Aragorn from the Warg Attack box. He is New, unassembled as well.

If that is cool let me know.

-John

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 pm
by ihate405
I will send you the black orcs plastic for your riders of rohan. Thats 30 bl orcs. 5 unassmbled. Idon't need theoden on ft and I am looking for the mounted 1 where he is in full armour or eomir so it would'nt be worth it for me. Let me know if you wantto do that trade as I am more than happy to send you those plastics. I live here in Los angeles CA for shipping purposes. I can send them out latest by fri if you agree and are willing to send out the riders. Let me know

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:I will send you the black orcs plastic for your riders of rohan. Thats 30 bl orcs. 5 unassmbled. Idon't need theoden on ft and I am looking for the mounted 1 where he is in full armour or eomir so it would'nt be worth it for me. Let me know if you wantto do that trade as I am more than happy to send you those plastics. I live here in Los angeles CA for shipping purposes. I can send them out latest by fri if you agree and are willing to send out the riders. Let me know

Ok. I think we have a deal. Here is what I think you are saying.
jlong05 wrote:18x Riders of Rohan(assembled/various stages of painting, 3 horse need repair, 3 weapons need repair(2 spears and 1 hand weapon))

[quote"ihate405"]
30x Plastic Black Orcs(5 unassembled)
[/quote]

If you agree, you have the lower trader rating so you would be shipping first. I always send return shipment withing 1 business day after receiving your package. I recommend shipping USPS priority as that is what I ship, however if you wish to ship at a cheaper rate, that is fine with me as well. Always use Delivery Confirmation.

Send me a reply letting me know if we have a deal and we can then exchange contact information and addresses.

-John.

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm
by ihate405
Works for me Iwill send the package out tomorrow or fri once I recieve your info. I will see how much it will cost for USPS priority andlet you know how i send it. Thanks again -Chris
here is my Addrres for shipping:

Christopher Ungo
<Address Information removed>
Los Angeles, CA, 90066

Sent at: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:04 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:Works for me Iwill send the package out tomorrow or fri once I recieve your info. I will see how much it will cost for USPS priority andlet you know how i send it. Thanks again -Chris
here is my Addrres for shipping:

Christopher Ungo
Los Angeles, CA, 90066

We should have a nice low shipping cost.

John Long
Glendale, AZ 85308

Looking forward to the Orcs.

-John.

Sent at: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm
by ihate405
its 4.95 for shipping so I can get these out by sat the latest I have to pack em up I will try to get them in the post by fri.

Sent at: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:its 4.95 for shipping so I can get these out by sat the latest I have to pack em up I will try to get them in the post by fri.

Just following up. Did these go out yesterday or today?

Sent at: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:31 pm
by ihate405
hey actually I am sending them out today did not have a chance this weekend too much rain. I will send it out today.

Sent at: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:hey actually I am sending them out today did not have a chance this weekend too much rain. I will send it out today.

No problem, Just shoot me a PM later today with the DC#.

Thanks again,

-John.

Below was read and not responded to:

Sent at: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm
by jlong05
ihate405 wrote:hey actually I am sending them out today did not have a chance this weekend too much rain. I will send it out today.

Hello. Just checking on this shipment. Normally shipments from CA would have arrived by now. We are only a few 100 miles apart. Did you send with Delivery Confirmation? Can you send the DC# so we can track it to figure out maybe where it is?

Thanks

-John.

Below was my PM canceling the trade due to no contact.

Sent at: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:30 pm
by jlong05

Chris,

We completed the agreement of our trade deal on 2/4/09. It is now 2/18/09 and still no package has arrived. My last PM to you was unanswered, so at this point I have to assume you have backed out of our agreement. Shipping from California to Arizona is at most a 3 day time frame and we have well exceeded that. My last contact from you indicated your shipment was to have shipped on 2/9/09(already 3 days later than you had first said), but you never sent the DC# or responded to any of my PMs since.

At this point I am canceling our trade. I am now making my Rohan models available again for trades.

Please be aware everyone. Contact with Chris prior to the completion of the trade was very good, but afterward has been non-existant.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

- Finally, if you complete a trade with me, you also agree that MagickalMemories will send me a free grot in the mail.
jlong05 ( 200 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: Backout: ihate405

Post by jlong05 »

Weird. This didn't identify as a new thread. I think Bartertown is having some issues maybe.

- Finally, if you complete a trade with me, you also agree that MagickalMemories will send me a free grot in the mail.
jlong05 ( 200 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jlong05 »

Additional followup:

After I sent my trade cancelled PM I did finally get a response. Here is the attached response.

Sent at: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 pm
To: jlong05
Look I apologize for the delay I was in NY for a friends wedding and visiting family. I arrived back in LA on Tues. I am still interested and am willing to send them out 2day to show that I am still looking for those models. I can give you the tracking number today via PM but that is if you are still willing to trade. I appologize again as I had no computer to communicate to you with. Please let me know if you still willing to trade.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I also sent the following reply:

Sent at: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 pm
To: ihate405

ihate405 wrote:Look I apologize for the delay I was in NY for a friends wedding and visiting family. I arrived back in LA on Tues. I am still interested and am willing to send them out 2day to show that I am still looking for those models. I can give you the tracking number today via PM but that is if you are still willing to trade. I appologize again as I had no computer to communicate to you with. Please let me know if you still willing to trade.

Chris, At this point I do not know how I should proceed. Your original post indicated you were shipping the models a week and a half ago. I just feel that your communication has been unacceptable and the terms of our agreement were broken.

I think at this point I would like to hear with the Admins on Bartertown decide.
-jlong05

----------------------------------------------------------------

I do know that Chris received the PM I sent, but did not respond again. I assume he is waiting for a final decision from me on the status of our trade. I think at this time I will be making it final that I will not continue with this trade. As Chris gave a reason regarding the failure to mail, I still do not understand the failure to notify me of it. I will not be posting negative feedback for this trade!

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I think you handled it right.
You posted the backout thread when you didn't know what was up &, when he PMed you, you posted it, as well.

At this point, choosing not to complete the trade is completely within your rights and NOT leaving a negative over it is a very good decision.

Leaving a bad ref over something like this would be very petty, IMO.

Good call.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

IMO, you're doing things right, and I don't really think a "Bad" is warranted.

If you felt strongly about alerting other potential traders, then a Neutral would be possible.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Him not shipping for 1 1'2 weeks, then going out of town and not LYK that he was would and would take care of it later, is bad.

posting a bad ref.. hmm well he didn't actually trade, but the description says 'someone you wouldn't trade with again'.

after this, i can't see you trading with him again. but the again.. is still there.

the back out warning should be enough.. but it can fall away with more posts and if there is another site crash, his refs are clean..

tough call...
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”