Backout: lochmoigh

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Backout: lochmoigh

Post by CypherIsGod »

This is getting ridiculous. I have not had a successful trade on B-Town since June. This is my third backout in a row and I am sick of them! What is going on here lately? I've been using this board for years without any issue and in the past year the backouts I have had to deal with have outnumbered the real trades. If you don't want to actually do the trade, DON'T F'IN AGREE TO IT!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Re: Dark heresy

Sent at: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:59 pm
To: lochmoigh
I have the main rulebook. I'll sell it for $45 shipped with USPS Priority mail. I can get it out today if needed.

- Craig

------------------------------------------------------

Sent at: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:14 pm
To: CypherIsGod
That sounds good, I will have to send payment through the mail. Can you send your addressand I will get payment out to you next week?

------------------------------------------------------

Sent at: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 pm
To: lochmoigh

" lochmoigh wrote:That sounds good, I will have to send payment through the mail. Can you send your addressand I will get payment out to you next week? "

Sure thing. Here is my info:

Craig Sardone
** Address edited out **
Penfield, NY 14526
** Phone # Edited Out **

Thanks.

- Craig

-------------------------------------------------------

Sent at: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:24 am

cool I will get that sent out this week.

Sent at: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:06 am
Due to poor planning, my finances are shot. I am going to have to pass on the book. Sorry.

Please do not agree to a trade with me unless you know for sure that you actually want it to happen! If you think that makes me a jerk, feel free to NOT TRADE WITH ME!
Did you grow up on comics from the 80s? So did we. We're creating a comic book that has the "coolness" of modern books, with the style of those books we loved in the 80s/90s. Check it out: www.brassfalcon.com
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Backout: lochmoigh

Post by JohnHwangBT »

You had to sit on the deal for all of 2 business days before he backed out, and before he gave you his address?

And he was upfront with you as soon as possible. He didn't jerk you around or leave you hanging, wondering what's up.

As backouts go, this really isn't so bad, all things considered.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
fitterpete ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by fitterpete »

I agree with John.But thats the problem with this forum, to much is up to opinion. Cypher obviously thinks it warrants it and he has every right to post it.I don't like the backout forum but that's my opinion now so it really doesn't matter.Not trying to start a fight here with either one of you just my 2 cents.
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I think I'm with Fitter.
I don't think I'd have posted this. It seems TO ME to be one of those things you let someone have a "free pass" on unless/until proof shows otherwise (for example; Did he turn around later that evening looking to buy "X?").

That being said, however, the "rules" for posting a back-out thread were purposefully left open and subjective.

If CiG thinks it's a valid "B-OT" (Back-Out Thread), then it is. That's where it stands, then.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Post by CypherIsGod »

First of all, how about enough of the "I don't agree with this forum" every other time a thread is started in the forum. It had been discussed to death. If you don't agree with it, then don't look at it. You clearly don't care that a person dumped out of a trade, so why bother checking this forum in the first place?

Second, I can't say that I disagree with either of you. As far as a backout goes, it is not horrible. I guess it was just the timing. I have been very frustrated with numerous backouts on the board in the past year or so. I was all for this forum when it was first discussed. I thought that it may be a deterrent to backing out of trades. Clearly, for me at least, it hasn't done that. So maybe it is pointless to even have.

Sorry for my frustration. I guess I have just had some really bad luck on the site in the past year. Maybe I just don't have the patience to make trades on the board anymore. I don't know. Honestly, if the fact that I want a trade to actually happen when it is agreed upon makes me a POOPY trader, then so be it. I'll just add this to my sig line:
"Please do not agree to a trade with me unless you know for sure that you actually want it to happen! If you think that makes me a SOMETHING, feel free to NOT TRADE WITH ME!"
Please do not agree to a trade with me unless you know for sure that you actually want it to happen! If you think that makes me a jerk, feel free to NOT TRADE WITH ME!
Did you grow up on comics from the 80s? So did we. We're creating a comic book that has the "coolness" of modern books, with the style of those books we loved in the 80s/90s. Check it out: www.brassfalcon.com
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Hey, CiG.
I totally understand your frustration. Like I said earlier, you were well within your "rights" to leave this, so no negativity from me.
From what you're saying, it seems like this guy just hit you at the wrong time. Huh?

BTW, are you going to leave a negative or neutral reference, or is this it? Just curious.

Also, I edited the 2 red words above. I wanted to let you know why;
The first one... Well, that's a no-brainer. It would have had the Mod staff in conniptions. LOL
The other... Well, it can be overlooked occasionally but, if it's going to be in your Sig line, it really should be changed. Again, I just don't want to see the Mod staff freak out on you. You know?

Take care.
Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Post by CypherIsGod »

Not as much the wrong time, as just the last straw. It's not like I was in a bad mood at the time, but just one more backout to add to the pile of several before it just really broke the camel's back.

No. I do not plan to leave a neutral on this one. It would have to be one that I had a good reason to think it was malicious for me to leave something in feedback. I will from this point on put every backout that I get hit with in this forum at least. You never know if it is just a simple backout, or the first step to becoming a habit, or worse. So, if they were mentioned here, then I did my part to warn others.

Thanks for the editing on my poppy words above. It's late and I watch too much Denis Leary...
Cleaned up my sig too. Thank you for the gentle slap to get me back on track.
CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Post by CypherIsGod »

Damn... I can't edit. I meant poopy! Not poppy. I need sleep....
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I totally agree with the decision to post the back-outs. I've been a proponent of that for some time.
You never know when someone could have been fishing for a good "mark."

As for the edits... I was happy to do them. I'd rather *I* do it than have it sit around for a Mod to get their knickers in a twist over. KWIM?

...and it wasn't a "gentle slap."
It was more of a "Umm... Dude... You''d be saying d*ck... a LOT." LOL
Again... better to fix it early than "make angry pants," if you KWIM. :wink:

Eric

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”