Backout report against: thomasdixon67203

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Lictors_LoveMachine ( 132 )
Expert Trader

Backout report against: thomasdixon67203

Post by Lictors_LoveMachine »

Bartertown members, I find it necessary in following the guidelines for the rules of this site to file a backout against: thomasdixon67203.

4 Months ago we came into an agreement to trade several models back and forth between us and when the deal was sealed and ready to go: Thomas 'vanished' for 4 months from Bartertown.

So to quote some of our staff and local movie buffs: Break a deal, face the wheel...

Thomas Dixon, you are in violation of Bartertown's rules of trading for Backing out of a trade. For this I will post this to warn other members of Bartertown to be slightly cautious around you when they trade. 4 months was a long time and I tried to be patient. But now you have returned to the group and have to answer for it.

Below are the only PM's I have left from our conversations but it does show the agreement to trade and that he would be shipping in the next few days from our conversation. The other posts are from last night and today with me having to contact Thomas when I saw him trading with another member openly in the forums last night.

I don't see it necessary to bash him or badmouth him. He broke a deal. This is his punishment and he agrees he backed out of the deal with me.

Timothy - AKA Lictors_LoveMachine
P.S. To quote Titan136: Never make a deal with a Lictor, especially not L_LM.

---

PREVIOUS MESSAGES

Hi Thomas, I'm not sure how I am feeling about this, but I gave you the chance to come out and tell me what's up and I accept your reasoning and the explanation.

However, you did bail on me and my girlfriend. Since then I have traded for the models and books she needed. I'll tell her she can sell or trade the original models we agreed to give to you for the Epidemius and Codex that you don't have anymore to send us.

I checked your claim and no you haven't been on B-Town for some time now.

Oh well.

I think a written apology I can show Sandra/Girlfriend is in order.
Then I will leave a 'backout' report on file against you that won't be resolved.

No fighting, screaming or yelling. Just going to post the facts and also that you came forward and because life has a way of doing harsh things to people, you opted to backout of our trade and I accepted after 4 months.

I feel it fair you get a backout against you but I will not be leaving any feedback. Not good, bad or indifferent if you don't mind. And you don't need to do anything for me either.

Does this sound fair to you? Unfortunately you are in the wrong, but other than a warning that you bailed on me, I won't pursue this past the backout warning.

Let me know what you think as I plan to start writing this up to be posted pretty soon.

Timothy
thomasdixon67203 wrote:Yes, I got your last message and my browser has had Btown open for a while. I don't stay in front of the computer all the time, unfortunately.

As for our failed trade... I apologize for that. I've had a lot of things going on lately and bartertown was the least of my worries. It isn't because I didn't want to trade, I just got caught up in work and my family. I haven't accessed bartertown pretty much since we last spoke. If there's something I can do for you to make things right, please tell me. Unfortunately, I do not have the items to trade anymore. I've gotten rid of most of my 40K/Fantasy stuff in the past few months to pay for bills. I had to take on a 2nd job as well so I've been working 70+ hours a week. I'm sorry if you don't like what I did, but there isn't much I can do for the past, which is why I was asking what I can do for you now to make it better and I'll try to help out as much as I can.
---

Re: Checking in...

Sent at: September 16th, 2008, 12:30 am
To: Lictors_LoveMachine
Yes, I got your last message and my browser has had Btown open for a while. I don't stay in front of the computer all the time, unfortunately.

As for our failed trade... I apologize for that. I've had a lot of things going on lately and bartertown was the least of my worries. It isn't because I didn't want to trade, I just got caught up in work and my family. I haven't accessed bartertown pretty much since we last spoke. If there's something I can do for you to make things right, please tell me. Unfortunately, I do not have the items to trade anymore. I've gotten rid of most of my 40K/Fantasy stuff in the past few months to pay for bills. I had to take on a 2nd job as well so I've been working 70+ hours a week. I'm sorry if you don't like what I did, but there isn't much I can do for the past, which is why I was asking what I can do for you now to make it better and I'll try to help out as much as I can.

---

Checking in...

Sent at: September 15th, 2008, 10:39 pm
To: thomasdixon67203

Nothing yet? Sorry but I knew when you opened the message. PM's tell on you and report when they are opened. Keep me posted please?

Timothy

---

Re: H: Necrons & FW Pylon W: $$$

Sent at: September 15th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Hi Thomas.

Back on June 5th we had an agreement for some models. Epidemius AND A Chaos Daemons book and I got nothing in the way of messages or replies. I sent 4 messages and heard nothing back.

Last I heard you had been sick and now I see you posting a new army for sale today.

To let you know, I waited for a long time for you to write back. BUT this is a major violation of Bartertown Rules. First it could be considered a backout, but then no contact for 4 months is just a bad trade.

What' going on bud? We forget or just not have the stuff anymore?

Timothy

---

4 MONTHS GO BY WITH NO MESSAGES..........

There was 1 reply stating him and a young child were Ill, I sent my condolences, but that was it.

---

Re: Epidemius must be served!!

Sent at: June 5th, 2008, 8:36 am

Hi Thomas, did Epidemius and the Chaos Daemons book go in the mail yet? Just checking in. Thanks.

Timothy
thomasdixon67203 wrote:
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: All of it.

Timothy
OK. I'll be visiting him on Friday and I'll pick up the models. Depending on when I get a chance to do it, I might be able to ship friday as well... If not, it will be Saturday then. I will need your address as well.

When you get everything, you can ship to the address below

Thomas Dixon
120 West 400 South
Payson, UT 84651
ph# 801-465-6101
email pekulior@gmail.com
Antagonist of the Bartertown Watch - They watch me so that you don't have to.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”