shadowhawk4: Deadbeat, Backout and Liar.

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

shadowhawk4: Deadbeat, Backout and Liar.

Post by Dakkar98 »

What follows is the messages from me and to me from shadowhawk4

Sorry for the lack of time stamps on this first batch of messages. They were quoted ten deep inside a message on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 pm. It was before the server got switched and I had to extract them because now it will only allow you to imbed 3 quotes within each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
shadowhawk4 wrote:That is fair if the escher

The main things I need are symbols, sword shoulderpads, and deathwing items. I will sedn you a lot of bug upgrades I dont use many on my army I realy go for the hoard aspect.

Here is my address

James Ware
4712 Florida ave.
Chattanooga Tn. 37409

send me yours and I will get it ready to go.

James
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakkar98 wrote:James,

Please Tell me that you didn't send it yet

I have found more gangers. All models are bare metal.
I now have:
The Esher box set with all 8 minis (1 leader, 1 heavy, 4 gangers and 2 juves).

I have the equivalent of another Complete Esher Box (1 leader, 1 heavy, 4 gangers and 2 juves) All different from the 8 in the original box (the leader for this set has the pistol weapon cleanly removed from her right hand)

On top of those I have 3 gangers not included in either of the above sets;
duplicates of 2 gangers from each set (one ganger has the close combat weapon removed from her left hand) and a duplicate juve from the original set.

Total that is the equivalent of 2 box sets, plus 7 gangers, plus one juve. Thats (2 leaders, 2 heavies, 15 gangers, and 5 juves).

That pushes the retail value of my end of the trade up a good bit.
I'd like to work something out for all of them.
shadowhawk4 wrote:Well for the eshers I only want the female models if the juves are not females I cant use them. We can work out a deal what is the extra amount $ wise. We can just add some more models on the deal from my side.

James
House Esher was only open to women, men weren't allowed. They only ever made female Esher models.

About $117.00 total for the Eschers, not counting any DA bits I may send.

LMK,
shadowhawk4 wrote:ok well at last total we were at 70.00 (I think) I am supposed to send first I was supposed to send 2 devastators and the nid bits (which there are a lot of) so now we have about 37 let add a $ value to the nid bits say 12.00 (they are worth more ) so the varience will be about 25 what would you like for the diffeance some more marines ?

Just let me know.

James
Dakkar98 wrote:Please hit the quote button

James,

$117.00 for the Eschers
-$70.00 for the Devastators
-$12.00 for the tyranid bits
=$35.00 not $25.00

So, what do you have NIB or NOS for Space Marines that retails for about 35.00? (Or Tau, Eldar, or Tyranids for that matter)
shadowhawk4 wrote:well I have an unbuilt tech squad that is 35.00 does not have the upgrade sprue but otherwise complete with bases.

If that works for you just let me know.

James
Dakkar98 wrote:A Tactical Squad isn't really worth 35.00 without the upgrade sprue.
Do you have any Beakie heads? If you do, are you planning on using them?
Another thought, do you have any Leman Russ Track Guard Sets or leftover lasguns, lasgun arms, or las pistols in the bits from your Catachans?
I need one set of track guards, 10-20 lasguns, and 5 or less laspistols.

LMK,
shadowhawk4 wrote:I should have some extra lasguns or lasgun arms will check I run a HUGE tank army so I know I dont have any extra track protectors. Sounds like we are balancing out about 5.00 so let me see what lasguns and lasgun arms I have.

James
The Lasguns are for a conversion, as long as the clip area in intact and paint free we are good, so I don't need set pairs or anything like that (I am removing the hoses from some of the plastic SM snipers and replacing it with a clip).
And the couple of pistol arms I just need to pistol to be intact.
Alternatively I could use some beakie heads.

LMK,
shadowhawk4 wrote:no extr beakies or pistla arms but I did find a bits bag with lots of lasguns unpainted bare plastic if that will work.

James
That'll be great.

I'll start packing your Eschers for shipping.
Re: Esher Gang for SM
Sent at: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:41 pm
To: Dakkar98
shadowhawk4 wrote:Hey I need your address I think I had it before but I cant find it in my pms I will get your out by Monday (will try for Saturday)

James
Sent at: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 pm
To: shadowhawk4

My address is:
Damon A Simms
8022 Bolivar Road
Middletown, Maryland 21769
Sent at: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 am
You said on July 11 that you would be mailing out on Monday. I am assuming Monday the 14th, but it is now the 21st and I haven't seen anything yet. Can I get an Update please?

LMK,
Sent at: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:04 am
To: Dakkar98
shadowhawk4 wrote:I am a trucker and I have changed companies I got called out on a long run on the 12th and have not been home except on the 20th. I had a huge amount of ebay to ship out and I should of pmed you to let you know I was out on the road. I am back home today and will be here till at least Friday so I will get the package out. I love trucking but sometimes you cant predict tihings. When I have a 3500 mile run come up that is to much money to pass up. :) Sorry for not letting you know I had work, home, and 60 ebay packages,and 8 other trades going on. Will get yours out today.

James
Sent at: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Dakkar98 wrote:
shadowhawk4 wrote:I am a trucker and I have changed companies I got called out on a long run on the 12th and have not been home except on the 20th. I had a huge amount of ebay to ship out and I should of pmed you to let you know I was out on the road. I am back home today and will be here till at least Friday so I will get the package out. I love trucking but sometimes you cant predict tihings. When I have a 3500 mile run come up that is to much money to pass up. :) Sorry for not letting you know I had work, home, and 60 ebay packages,and 8 other trades going on. Will get yours out today.

James
James,
I'm Looking for another update. You said on July 22 "Will get yours out today". It is now August first and I haven't received anything yet.

LMK,
Message still waiting In My Out Box: Edit - This message was finally read approx 10:30 am 09/10/2008
Sent at: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:48 pm
Dakkar98 wrote:
Dakkar98 wrote:

James
James,
I'm Looking for another update. You said on July 22 "Will get yours out today". It is now August first and I haven't received anything yet.

LMK,
James,
I'm Still looking for that update. You said on July 22 "Will get yours out today". It is now September 9th and I haven't received anything yet. I spoke to you on the phone on August 27th and you said to email you the details and you would mail it out the next day.
You are almost 2 months overdue from our original aggreement, over six weeks overdue from the last PM I got from you, and 2 weeks overdue since I spoke to you on the phone.

LMK, (Let Me Know)

Last edited by Dakkar98 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
E-Mail Number 1
Subject: Bartertown
Date: 8/16/2008 9:30:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
To: aussiemu@bellsouth.net

Would like an update, Please!

Sent at: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:48 pm
Dakkar98 wrote:
shadowhawk4 wrote:I am a trucker and I have changed companies I got called out on a long run on the 12th and have not been home except on the 20th. I had a huge amount of ebay to ship out and I should of pmed you to let you know I was out on the road. I am back home today and will be here till at least Friday so I will get the package out. I love trucking but sometimes you cant predict tihings. When I have a 3500 mile run come up that is to much money to pass up. Sorry for not letting you know I had work, home, and 60 ebay packages,and 8 other trades going on. Will get yours out today.

James

James,

LMK,

James,
I'm Still looking for that update. You said on July 22 "Will get yours out today". It is now August 16th and I haven't received anything yet.

LMK, (Let Me Know)

Last edited by Dakkar98 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks,
Phone Call Number 1
I called James at his home in Chattanooga, TN on Wednesday August 27th at 7:25 p.m. I spoke to him for 3 minutes 11 seconds.
Short Version: He said “Send me an E-mail letting me know what I was supposed to send you and I’ll get it in the mail tomorrow.”
E-Mail Number 2
Subject: Forgotten Trade
Date: 8/27/2008 7:43:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

James,
Here are the details. I have all of the PM's if Necessary

You were sending me:
2 new plastic Devastator Boxes
1 new plastic Tactical Squad without the Upgrade Sprue
a bunch of Tyranid Bits
a bits bag with lots of lasguns unpainted bare plastic

My address is:
Damon A Simms
8022 Bolivar Road

I was sending you:
24 Escher Gangers (2 leaders, 2 heavies, 15 gangers, 5 juves)

Your Address is:
James Ware
4712 Florida Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37409
Phone Call Number 2
I called James at his home in Chattanooga, TN on Tuesday September 9th at 7:04 p.m. I spoke to him for 1 minute 14 seconds.
Short Version: He said send he sent me an E-mail letting me know that he no longer had my stuff.
I got Frustrated and Hung up on him.
E-Mail Number 3
Subject: Bad Trader Report at Bartertown
Date: 9/9/2008 9:42:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

James,
I understand that you do not have the Devastators Squads. It is my desire that you do what is necessary to complete this deal.
If you don't make good on the deal I will report it in the Bad Trader Forum on Bartertown and you WILL receive a negative feed back from me.

Here are the details, again. You agreed to this deal on July 11, 2008.
I feel that I have been more than patient with you.

You were supposed to be sending me:
2 new plastic Devastator Boxes
1 new plastic Tactical Squad without the Upgrade Sprue
a bunch of Tyranid Bits
a bits bag with lots of lasguns unpainted bare plastic

My address is:
Damon A Simms
8022 Bolivar Road

I was sending you:
24 Escher Gangers (2 leaders, 2 heavies, 15 gangers, 5 juves)

Your Address is:
James Ware
4712 Florida Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37409

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

What follows is the evidence that I will post on Bartertown on Saturday September 20, 2008, if I do not receive the agreed upon items in the mail on or before Saturday September 20, 2008.
E-Mail response from shdowhawk4:
Subject: Re: Bad Trader Report at Bartertown
Date: 9/9/2008 10:12:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
To: Dakkar98@aol.com

Well this is not how it works you can only report a bad trader when one side as sent and another has not (feel free to report on the deal backout column) if you feel the need to do this kind of negative activity I will feel the need to report to the administrators of the group and give them a copy of this email. The act of using a threat of negative email to force a deal when no one has sent anything would be considered malicious. Never threaten me again. If you want to try and intimidate someone you have chosen the wrong person. I have perfect feedback and will not cowar to anyone. Sorry I cant do the deal I dont have the stuff I am not going to buy anything (as I told you not working right now) so sorry. If you want to make trouble we can take it up with the sight administrators threats to cause deal to occure are against Bartertown policy look it up.

James
E-Mail Number 4
Subject: Re: Bad Trader Report at Bartertown
Date: 9/9/2008 11:31:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

Now this is the first e-mail that I have received a response to.

You have consistently lied to me, even with this response.
You never said you weren't working you said and I Quote:
I am a trucker and I have changed companies I got called out on a long run on the 12th and have not been home except on the 20th. I had a huge amount of ebay to ship out and I should of pmed you to let you know I was out on the road. I am back home today and will be here till at least Friday so I will get the package out. I love trucking but sometimes you cant predict tihings. When I have a 3500 mile run come up that is to much money to pass up. :) Sorry for not letting you know I had work, home, and 60 ebay packages,and 8 other trades going on. Will get yours out today.

If you had time to ship out 60 Ebay packages and 8 other trades, where was mine?!?

You said you posted a thread at Bartertown saying you were going to be away for a while, you never did.

And you can say your son did this or your son did that.
What matters is:
YOU said you were sending the items on the 11th of July. You LIED.
YOU said you were sending the items on the 22nd of July. You LIED
YOU said you were sending the items on the 27th of August. You LIED.

Why would you tell me on multiple occasions that you were going to send Items you don't even have?
I lost out on other deals waiting for you to make good on your lies.
Why not just tell the truth on any of the number of occasions that we spoke through the computer or on the Phone.
Why not just say I'm a liar and you're never going to get what I Promised you.

And I did make a mistake: I forgot the Deadbeats & Backouts was it's own Forum and not a sub-menu of the Bad Trader Forum.

I wasn't threatening you with negative feedback, you've already earned that.
I can leave a negative feedback for a deadbeat and back out and a liar.
I was giving you an opportunity to make good on your promise, and avoid it.

As far as the site Administrators go, Linrandir lives 18 miles from me, I've met him in person and he is a nice guy. And after I got the last guy that tried to cheat me banned, Lin made me a watchman.

I was made a watchman because I am an honest man who does honest dealings, and I keep my eye out for people who might just be trying to rip other people off.

I'm done with you, this will go in the Deadbeats and Backouts, And if the reference boards ever go back up, I'll say my piece there as well.

Good Night and Good Bye.
Update - Here is a link to his response: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=71566
and here is a link to a trader with a similar issue with shadowhawk4: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=71059
Bits for my marines: Need/Have
Studded Shoulder Pads: 900+/290+
Mk6 Helmeted Heads: 800+/600+

It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me.

References Owed (to me and by me): TheKiiier, CraftworldsRus, morgazmo84015, Beesterdo, 2.0, chosenoftzeentch, kepora, tiger, beowulfdahunter, getupandgo, thibner, snikrot, Crovan.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: shadowhawk4: Deadbeat, Backout and Liar.

Post by MagickalMemories »

Looks to me like you covered all your bases nicely, and it's justified.

Now:
As far as the site Administrators go, Linrandir lives 18 miles from me, I've met him in person and he is a nice guy.
You got to meet him IN PERSON???

LUCKY!!!!

You got to meet "THE Linrandir." Did you shake his hand? DID YOU GET TO TOUCH HIM?

: )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

He bought me OJ once.
Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Dakkar98 »

MagickalMemories wrote:Looks to me like you covered all your bases nicely, and it's justified.

Now:
As far as the site Administrators go, Linrandir lives 18 miles from me, I've met him in person and he is a nice guy.
You got to meet him IN PERSON???

LUCKY!!!!

You got to meet "THE Linrandir." Did you shake his hand? DID YOU GET TO TOUCH HIM?

: )

Eric
I did get to meet him i person. We did a trade and based on the distance gas was cheaper than postage. I did get to shake his hand. We talked for a good long while, long enough that he received an urgent call requiring hm to return to his domicile. (His wife called and said "Where are you?!?") :lol:

References Owed (to me and by me): TheKiiier, CraftworldsRus, morgazmo84015, Beesterdo, 2.0, chosenoftzeentch, kepora, tiger, beowulfdahunter, getupandgo, thibner, snikrot, Crovan.
IraShaine1972 ( 416 )
Expert Trader

Post by IraShaine1972 »

Eric[/quote]
(His wife called and said "Where are you?!?") :lol:[/quote]

There is one greater than HE?????? :shocked:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, there is for now.
In the end, however, there can be only one.

I expect that, soon, one shall decapitate the other.

Back on topic:

Keep us updated, please.
Let us know if you receive any contact.

Eric

P.S. When you guys met Lin, did you actually get to SEE him? I heard that he wears a hooded cloak that keeps his featureless face shrouded in darkness, with only pinpoints of eldritch fire where there would be eyes on a mortal man.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Dakkar98 »

MagickalMemories wrote:P.S. When you guys met Lin, did you actually get to SEE him? I heard that he wears a hooded cloak that keeps his featureless face shrouded in darkness, with only pinpoints of eldritch fire where there would be eyes on a mortal man.
That is how he would appear to lesser mortals. To his chosen few, he shows his true self and appears utterly indescribable.
As long as you remain loyal, he may appear unto you one day.

shadowhawk4 ( 90 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by shadowhawk4 »

The reason I am not working is my blood pressure level is 140 over 87 and my sugar is hanging around 155 untile I can get these down to dot numbers I cant drive big rigs. My main problem is he feels like he can bully people into doing what he wants most nice people understand situations well Drakkar does not I have never lied to him no matter what he thinks when I got called to work I had to go. Here is that section of the email where he is trying to bully me into doing whatever possible to finish a deal that never got started.

James,

I understand that you do not have the Devastators Squads. It is my desire that you do what is necessary to complete this deal.

If you don't make good on the deal I will report it in the Bad Trader Forum on Bartertown and you WILL receive a negative feed back from me.

I have NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK have never cheated a person or not sent and now because this person is a watchman he feels he can force me to finish a deal that that I can no longer finish. Furthermore as previously stated nothing has changed hands.I realy dont care what he thinks because he has already proven his personality and since he is a watchman everyone is going to listen to him instead. I dont care. I wont be bullied which is exactly what he is trying to do. I would not send now even if I had the items.
excuse me who are you ........excuse me who are you.......excuse me who are you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

That's the problem.
You do not see what you did wrong.

You see the fact that you no longer have the items as a good excuse.

WHY don't you have them anymore? You were obligated, per BTown trade rules, to send these models to him. You promised to do so MANY TIMES. You ARE at fault here.

Now, as far as taking sides due to Watchman status is concerned... that doesn't matter.
It wouldn't matter that he's met Lin in person or if Lin had bought him an Orange Juice or if he was Lin's own long lost brother.
If the sides were reversed and HE had done to YOU what YOU did to HIM, HE would be as much at fault as YOU ARE and would be treated appropriately.

You think that, for one second, I'd hesitate to tell him he was in the wrong if, indeed, he was in the wrong? If so, then you don't know my track record. I speak my mind and do not sugar coat it for my friends.

Linrandir (top dog and main authority on BTown, for trade purposes) shares that trait... only his is far more pronounced.

Think Dakkar98 is in the wrong? PM Linrandir and tell him See what he thinks. Though you might not want to believe it, the Mods and Admin staff PRIDE themselves on their neutrality. I consider them ALL friends and I've been chewed out by them (literally CHEWED OUT [verbally, of course], right, NuWishA?) and been subjected to a 2 week suspension of "chat" privileges for a flame war I got into. Friendship never stopped them from doing what they felt was right... and it won't now.

Eric

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Shadowhawk ...EDIT...You strung Dakkar along & lied several times. You deserve a negative. After seeing this, no decent Bartertown member would want to deal with you.
Now you want to play the victim. You wont be bullied,blah,blah,blah. B.S.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

shadowhawk4 wrote:The reason I am not working

My main problem is he feels like he can bully people into doing what he wants most nice people understand situations

I have NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK have never cheated a person or not sent and now because this person is a watchman he feels he can force me to finish a deal that that I can no longer finish.

Furthermore as previously stated nothing has changed hands.

I would not send now even if I had the items.
If you're not working you have plenty of time to answer e-mail (as would be expected) and go to the post office (as you promised).

That's bullSTUFF. You didn't explain your "situation" as an excuse for a long time. If a "situation" comes up, it is *your* responsibility to immediately explain and work out alternate arrangements. If he's a reasonable guy, and you're upfront about the situation, he'll probably cut you some slack. But the fact that you said you were going to ship is an irresponsible, flat-out lie. You wasted his time thinking that he had a deal, when he didn't. You prevented him from making other trades for those same items that he was holding for you in good faith. In other words, you dealt in bad faith. You screwed up, you face the consequences.

You're going to get a well-deserved Negative as soon as ITL comes back up, that's for sure. :twisted:

You are a perfect example of why the Deadbeat / Backout section exists. You agreed to a trade. You strung the other trader along with lies and false promises. You deserve a Negative for your actions.

And for the record, I am not a Watchman or any such thing.

But I believe in square dealings, and you aren't an honest trader.

A reminder, peoples. Please at least try to disguise the curse words. We are a a family forum.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

First, the business.

Shadowhawk4: Having read all the traffic on this incident both public and private...you are in the wrong. You had ample opportunity to contact Dakkar98 through multiple mediums and you chose not to. You chose to leave him hanging, which is exactly why the deadbeats and backouts forum was established.

Furthermore, you are engaging in retaliatory activity when you are clearly in the wrong. I recommend you read the forum rules for the consequence of that action.

It would have taken you all of 30 seconds to call him, or have your family email him, and call off the deal. There is no excuse for that behavior.

In response to your allegations of favoritism...ad hominem attacks are usually the sign of a lost cause going down in flames. I've had people make accusations like that before and without fail they are the ones on the losing end who have been shown to be clearly in the wrong. For the record, the last time someone tried to invoke my name and "friendship" to make a dispute go away I banned him and caused him some heavy trouble that he's still recovering from. Who was it? Drop Zone. You want to make an argument built on a flawed premise, go right ahead. Just be prepared to get thrown off the site if you continue down this course.

Second, the fun.
Nuwisha even met my wife and sister-in-law once upon a time, tis true. They both thought he was pretty cool. My wife is a little out of practice with the sharp things on account of De Bebe, but we shall see. Freakin' lefty... ;-)
There are certain times and places where sightings of Lin are more common, but they are only revealed to the chosen few. A journey, even a pilgrimage of sorts, is usually required but it can be planned for well in advance. Hell, you might even get to see other BT admins if their wives would let them out of the house (working on that one)!
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Oh yeah, I remember that part too. I never see a picture of Dawn without smiling a little inside ;)

And uh, I'm warning everyone for threadjacking, even me! Lets try to keep it about the topic at hand.

Bad pants, bad!
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

Sort of OT, sort of not....

How did you two come up with the figure of nearly $120 for two Escher gangs??? These minis aren't OOP and you can still buy the boxed set for $40 from GW. Is this a figure shadowhawk4 came up with?
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Dakkar98 »

ancientsociety wrote:Sort of OT, sort of not....

How did you two come up with the figure of nearly $120 for two Escher gangs??? These minis aren't OOP and you can still buy
simple math really, I do trades at retail value for retail value.

the boxed set for $40 from GW. Is this a figure shadowhawk4 came up with?
$80.00 = 2x$40.00 - (Equivalent of 2 box sets)
$37.24 = 2.66x$14.00 per blister of 3 gangers - (plus 7 gangers, plus one juve)
$117.00

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”