Trade Backout: spaz102

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

robh ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Trade Backout: spaz102

Post by robh »

This was the trade that developed from my original offer of 2 Dogs of War Cannon Crews without cannons in response to his request for any Warhammer Dogs of War figures. I offered them and asked if he was willing to trade Warhammer Fantasy figures.

To: robh
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:26 pm
Subject: Crew members
Sure,
I am willing to trade for them. What kind of figs are you looking for
I have empire, VC(new), WE, Chaos.
let me know.
Thanks

To: spaz102
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:51 pm
Subject: Re: Crew members
Hi
I am interested in:
VC Bat swarms or Fell Bats
VC Lahmian Vampires
WE Spearmen (Older sculpts or new)
WE Dryads (new ones)
Or happy to discuss other things in those 2 armies if you want.
Cheers
RobH
or a combination of those.

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 pm
I replied to you last week (copied below) are you still interested in this trade or not?
Let me know.
Thanks
RobH

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Sorry for the late reponse.
I still like to trade. I have 2 fell bats. I am new to International shipping just so you know up front.
Thanks,
Lee

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 pm
Subject: Re: Crew members Lee
What condition are the Fell Bats in, Mint in Blister (MIB), Unassembled/unpainted, painted, stripped, with or without flying stands?
I am prepared to trade the gun crews for 2 VC Fell Bats if they are in good order.
As for International shipping, it is no different than domestic, just takes longer. USPS is fine, declare a realistic value on the customs slip and mark them as Toys or Toy figures. I would recommend you get proof of posting as a minimum so you can prove that stuff was sent should the worst happen. Common sense stuff really. 2 figures in a padded envelope should not cost you more than $3 or $4 to ship internationally.
Let me know the condition of the Bats please.
Cheers
RobH

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:11 pm
The bats are bulit and unpainted. I can supply the flying stands also, so no worries there.
Thanks,
Lee

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 pm
Lee
Sounds good.
My 2 gun crews (each 3 figures, horse head and collar) straight trade for your 2 Fell Bats with flying stands.
My address is:
As you have the lower rating you will have to ship first.
Sound like a deal to you?
Cheers
RobH

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:49 am
Sounds like a deal to me. I will get your stuff ready to go this week and let you know when it ships.
Thanks,
Lee

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 am
Hi Lee,
Not heard from you for a while. Just checking if you managed to get the agreed trade stuff sent out?
Can you let me know,
Cheers
RobH

I have still not had any response to this last message. I am counting this as a back out as his last communication to me was 23rd March.

Shame as it was a nice little, risk free trade that would have helped him build some reputation here. I left Neutral feedback with an appropriate message. I did not lose anything apart from time so not worth a Bad Trader report.

emporikos ( 12 )
BTown Regular

Post by emporikos »

Its good to see that you did this in a nice way. This is what this forum is for. Not to bash on the person, or to say that they are a bad trader. Just a chance to let others know that he backed out of a trade with you.
Cygnar is like that one kid from Captain Planet who got 'heart' for a power.
Lictors_LoveMachine ( 132 )
Expert Trader

Post by Lictors_LoveMachine »

so is there a difference between bad trade and backed out?

I have 2 guys who said they would ship first but nothing.

Then I have a guy who I sent stuff to and heard nothing.

Now I think the second one is a bad trade I should pursue.

The other two I was going to blow off because nothing was lost.

What should I do?

Timothy
Antagonist of the Bartertown Watch - They watch me so that you don't have to.
peacemystic ( 720 )
Millenium Trader

Post by peacemystic »

Lictors_LoveMachine wrote:so is there a difference between bad trade and backed out?

What should I do?

Timothy
Hey
The 2 guys who were surpose to ship first,well thats up to you,if you want to post them as Deadbeat or not,with all proof of course,
and for the Guy you sent first too...you should definitely post a BTR on him with all the PM's that passed between the two of you.
Other people need to be warned of a Bad trader.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Trade or Sale lower rating ships first,comfirmation number given and expected apon postage.
"Don't be a jerk, feedback helps everyone.
Reply to PMs.
It's common courtesy."
Expert Trader

yeah, that's about how I was feeling too. I checked the sentbox and the guy has read every post I sent.

thanks

Timothy
CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Post by CypherIsGod »

Of course the fact that you left spaz102 a neutral feedback means you did actually increase his feedback by 1.
Please do not agree to a trade with me unless you know for sure that you actually want it to happen! If you think that makes me a jerk, feel free to NOT TRADE WITH ME!
Did you grow up on comics from the 80s? So did we. We're creating a comic book that has the "coolness" of modern books, with the style of those books we loved in the 80s/90s. Check it out: www.brassfalcon.com
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Lictors_LoveMachine wrote:so is there a difference between bad trade and backed out?

What should I do?

Timothy
Hi,
Sounds like you're in a bit of a rough position right now.
There are plenty of knowledgabe traders who will be more than happy to offer you advice, provided you realize that they're giving it on a "this is what *I* would do" basis and that Your Mileage May Vary.

This really should have been posted in the Need Help forum, rather than in this thread, though.

Would you, please, copy & paste the contents of your initial post into a new thread there so that this one doesn't get thrown off topic?
Thank you.
CypherIsGod wrote:Of course the fact that you left spaz102 a neutral feedback means you did actually increase his feedback by 1.
Although, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been officially posted anywhere, I believe that's been changed.
I know I read somewhere (though, not necessarily somewhere OFFICIAL) that this was the case.
Also, if you look at the guy's rating in the quoted PM's, it's only a "2." Either the OP would have had to posted all of these, THEN left the neutral, or the trade partner would have had to have one neutral already (which would have likely been mentioned by the OP).
My guess is that it's not leaving the +1 anymore. That makes the most sense.

BTW, like the new avatar! Very appropriate.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CypherIsGod ( 230 )
Resident Trader

Post by CypherIsGod »

MagickalMemories wrote: Although, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been officially posted anywhere, I believe that's been changed.
I know I read somewhere (though, not necessarily somewhere OFFICIAL) that this was the case.
Also, if you look at the guy's rating in the quoted PM's, it's only a "2." Either the OP would have had to posted all of these, THEN left the neutral, or the trade partner would have had to have one neutral already (which would have likely been mentioned by the OP).
My guess is that it's not leaving the +1 anymore. That makes the most sense.

BTW, like the new avatar! Very appropriate.

Eric
I found his feedback here:
http://bartertown.com/ref/index.php?user_id=11457

It does show him with a 2 rating and the neutral is in there. I am so happy that neutral feedback does not increase or the rating, it is simply neutral. That's a phenomenal change! There have been a couple times that I just didn't leave someone feedback when they backed out because I did not want to increase their rating at all.

And I figured it was about time I got myself an avatar. I've only been using Bartertown for a bunch of years now with no avatar, so it was time.
It's not the fancy animated ones that you use, but it's a start. :)

- Craig
Please do not agree to a trade with me unless you know for sure that you actually want it to happen! If you think that makes me a jerk, feel free to NOT TRADE WITH ME!
Did you grow up on comics from the 80s? So did we. We're creating a comic book that has the "coolness" of modern books, with the style of those books we loved in the 80s/90s. Check it out: www.brassfalcon.com
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

What should I do?

Timothy
There is a *huge* difference:
- In a bad trade, you're out goods or money lost. This is typically Mail Fraud.
- In a backout, you're only out opportunity cost, because you set up a deal, reserved the goods, and weren't able to use it for something else, like a larger / better / faster deal.

The 2 guys who said they would ship, if everything was agreed, they're both backouts, and you should write them up here.

The guy you shipped to and didn't return? That's a bad trader. PM him and give him a few days to come up with a valid tracking number. Otherwise, BTR his ass ASAP.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Expert Trader

Thanks John, the guy who refused to ship has been dealt with and he sent me replacement minis valued higher than what he owed me to shut me up.

I'm now up to 4 back outs with each having several weeks to reply and haven't. I think I'll be dealing with them pretty soon, on here.

Timothy
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

good trading practices

Post by HarveyDent »

i think it's really easy for those of us who have been on here for a while. we can say "hey just go by your rating - lowest ships/pays first."

but i remember being the new guy in '05 (i think?), and wondering whether or not it was a safe bet to pay/ship first with a lower rating.

looking back at how things went for me, there are times when i paid or shipped first and i wish i hadn't (kinda like all those times i drove home drunk but never got caught), just because the risk was too high.

i remember buying something for like $80 from a guy with an 8 rating when i was a 4. that was simply stupid. these are the kinds of deals that new members should stay away from.

i think the best advice for newer traders is to scale your transactions appropriately according to the rating of the person you're dealing with. if Peacemystic or Ancientsociety wants to sell you an army for $150, you're in the clear. but if it's some guy with a 10, then forget it. save your bits trades and $15 buys for those guys.

occasionally i get into a transaction with someone that has a much lower rating (like the 38 mentioned above) where i am the buyer, and they absolutely refuse to ship first. in this case i nicely say "good luck" and i will be on my way.

i've also found that there are many people on here that quote their ebay rating and expect that to fly in the face of my tried-and-true, well-mediated bartertown rating. i say that if you want the ability to trade/buy with safety (like i have earned), then you should have to take the time to earn it like the rest of us. i don't think anyone on here will argue with that.

another piece of advice i would give to newer traders (since i'm on my soapbox) is that if they have any doubt whatsoever about the validity of their transaction, or the credibility of the person they're dealing with, then they should just walk away. some people will do a deal simply because it's too good to pass up... and at that i'll throw out the old P.T. Barnum quote "there's a sucker born every minute." (i think that was barnum, right?). it's 10 times better to walk away and wait for a good trade that you are 99% sure of, than to get into an AWESOME deal that you are only 30% sure of, and subsequently get burned by a 0-rated guy with no accountability that is just here to make a quick $50.

...and finally, don't ever (and this should be obvious) give someone an excuse to give you bad feedback. if someone has bad feedback it's for a reason. if it was falsely reported, then something can probably be done about it.

*exhale*

thank you for your support :)

props to the bartertown watch!

geoff
azironlegion ( 148 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Trade Backout: spaz102

Post by azironlegion »

I know this thread is old but its a bummer he hadnt gotten back to you. Ive just completed two consecutive transactions (within two weeks) with spaz102 and everything went super smooth.
-Jason
Lower Rating or Bad Trade Reference? You ship first.

Who is more deeply burned? The man who is scorched and recoils, or the man who accepts the flame, thinking it is but warming light?

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”