Deadbeat: Cyx

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Deadbeat: Cyx

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sorry, man, but that picture looks like a "less dark" blur in a sea of dark blur.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

a2.jpg
Better?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

a1.jpg
enhanced view of Be'lakor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Here are the issues with the images:
1) The blown up image just looks like a blown up image of the poor, dark pic. It's a bit pixilated and really doesn't show what we're looking at. is this an image you took in response to one of his repeated requests for pics?
2) The Be'lakor pic still only shows THAT there's GS present. The angle does NOTHING to show any problems with it. From this image, I see no problem with the waist and right wrist. The left arm COULD be a problem... or it COULD just be that it's smoothed out that far. From this angle, we just can't tell. Did you not have any of your own pics of this one?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Cyx ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cyx »

Regarding the BTR: I left an update in that thread. Basically just saying I'm still trying to work with USPS in order to get a formal print out of the weight of the package when it was sent back to me.

Seige could of course upload a photo of his receipt if he still has it in his possession. Other than this I have been timber see by usps.

For this thread: I can upload pictures of the models as they are, since I haven't touched them. In order to speed up this process.

If possible I would like to upload photos focusing on the joint issues with the models and have Siege upload a photo of his receipt when he sent the package. I believe this would bring all of the issues to a resolution.
Cyx ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cyx »

Update: USPS emailed me their information of the package when it was sent back to me. It confirms that it was sent back at 2lbs 7oz. USPS has since reimbursed me for the missing model as well.

If needed as further evidence of whether or not the green stuff issue was exaggerated or not, I can take more pictures this week. Pictures focused on the joints of the models.

http://postimg.org/image/z90spk4gj/

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Please, take and post CLEAR and ACCURATE pics of the joins and greenstuff when you can, and post the pics here.
Thank you.

Eric

Cyx ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cyx »

Pictures of the green stuff, this is as accurate as I could get the focus when getting that close.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Did you take the models apart, or were they apart when you received them?

Eric

Cyx ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cyx »

That's how I received them, as shown by the video as well. All models were assembled when I sent them originally, but some damage en route is inevitable.

The images are about as clear as I could get them unfortunately. Since I don't have a more appropriate camera I use the one on my phone.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'm not saying it's your fault. it's just hard to compare his complaint with the existing images, as the pics HE showed were of assembled models. With them now being unassembled, it's POSSIBLE that excessive greenstuff came off when the models came apart.
That is not to say I'm accusing you of doing that, of course. I'm not.

Eric

Cyx ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cyx »

Completely understandable, I didn't even acknowledge that possibility. I haven't altered them at all, and haven't touched them since I opened them in the video.

To be perfectly honest, the worst offenders in my opinion are as follows:
The left foot of the beast of nurgle started to separate and there was only green stuff showing and a small gap
The left wrist of Bel'akor "bubbles" up a bit past the actual surface of the forearm. And his left leg had some green stuff coming out. Mostly the issue looked to be super glue actually. There is a noticeable amount of dried super glue on his under carriage.
The left front leg of the fiend of slaanesh - the green stuff raises above the surface a small amount
Skulltaker - Barely noticeable and just on the left side of the neck
The Masque's left arm had a bit that protruded from the joint

Other than that I can't think of anything that would be an issue. And shipping both ways saw some damage done to them. I have not taken them apart past how the appear in the video of me opening the package.

Not sure how to proceed though, because that's just the state they're in now due to shipping.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”